Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: Buelligan on March 26, 2019, 07:06:39 AM
It's a bit bad, that.  I mean, if a healthy youngish man sneaks up behind a seventy year old many and punches them hard in the head, without provocation, is that OK?  I know it's a bit ageist of me but I can't help but feel there's something a bit wrong with a person in the prime of physical health purposely attacking someone who is either much older or much younger, it just seems very wrong.

I'm struggling with your implication that an unprovoked physical attack on someone of the same age as the attacker would be OK, tbh.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on March 26, 2019, 10:50:29 AM
I'm struggling with your implication that an unprovoked physical attack on someone of the same age as the attacker would be OK, tbh.

Two old men doing it would be hilarious, no?

Buelligan

Quote from: olliebean on March 26, 2019, 10:50:29 AM

As I acknowledged in my previous remark, I do see there is some ageism there and obviously, any unprovoked violent attack is not to be applauded (perhaps I should have established that in the first place, I didn't appreciate it needed spelling out).  At the same time, to my mind anyway, a violent unprovoked physical attack of any sort perpetrated on another person, is, somehow, made worse if the victim is significantly older or younger than the assailant.  Maybe I'm alone in viewing it that way.

NoSleep

Bryan Cocks

Corbyn and May both hit lowest favourability levels ever.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Only 1 of them has enjoyed a positive 40 point swing in the space of a month.

Twed

Fuck those polls. People's convictions are far more long-term than those swings suggest. "Favourability" means whatever they want it to mean.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twed on March 27, 2019, 06:41:05 PM
Fuck those polls. People's convictions are far more long-term than those swings suggest. "Favourability" means whatever they want it to mean.

It's always used as a reason why Corbyn will never become PM, however there are plenty of examples of world leaders with generally negative ratings, and we know from the election campaign that given the oxygen to actually find out what he's like as a human being, people find they actually like him.

For what it's worth - not much - he was about level with May before Tinge stuck the knife in.

Twed

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 27, 2019, 06:50:25 PM
It's always used as a reason why Corbyn will never become PM, however there are plenty of examples of world leaders with generally negative ratings, and we know from the election campaign that given the oxygen to actually find out what he's like as a human being, people find they actually like him.
Yep, exactly. That's why fuck them. Although honestly, the only good thing about the 2016 US Presidential Elections was people essentially saying "I can't believe the polls we created to control the narrative weren't accurate!".

Absorb the anus burn

Polls:

Trend reflectors?

Trend shapers?

The choice is yours!

king_tubby

Jackie Walker apparently has been binned out of Labour, here's a Segalov thread about it from Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MikeSegalov/status/1110991580440285184

ZoyzaSorris

I think this use of the word binned off needs to be binned off. It sounds a bit moronic in a serious context like this.

This is bullshit about Jackie Walker. I'm interested as to whether this sort of decision is being arrived at by cuckoos still infesting parts of the nest or as a misguided attempt at conciliation. If the former, it is clear there is still much work to be done in clearing the Augean stables of the Labour machinery (sorry for multiple mixed metaphors), if the latter, it is seriously foolish as those who are kicking up a fuss about supposed anti-semitism will never be satisfied until Labour is back in the hands of the pro-war, pro-Israel neoliberal extremists. I agree entirely with Chris Williamson that dealing with the fake anti-semitism smears with any degree of seriousness has been a massive mistake.

Replies From View

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on March 27, 2019, 07:27:34 PM
Polls:

Trend reflectors?

Trend shapers?

The choice is yours!

As long as they learn our language and don't attempt to foist their ways onto us I don't mind what they do!!

sponk

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on March 27, 2019, 09:03:35 PM
I think this use of the word binned off needs to be binned off. It sounds a bit moronic in a serious context like this.

This is bullshit about Jackie Walker.

Have you looked at the thread directly above your post? Do you realise she said Jews were largely to blame for the slave trade?

ZoyzaSorris

Buelligan

Quote from: sponk on March 27, 2019, 09:07:36 PM
Have you looked at the thread directly above your post? Do you realise she said Jews were largely to blame for the slave trade?

That's not what she said.  You know that.  I'm sure I discussed this with you a couple of years ago, as did many others.

sponk

Quote from: Buelligan on March 27, 2019, 09:44:30 PM
That's not what she said.  You know that.  I'm sure I discussed this with you a couple of years ago, as did many others.

She said "many Jews" were the "chief financiers" of the slave trade. If that doesn't translate to "largely responsible" then we must speak a different language.

Replies From View

Quote from: sponk on March 27, 2019, 09:48:38 PM
She said "many Jews" were the "chief financiers" of the slave trade. If that doesn't translate to "largely responsible" then we must speak a different language.

No need to translate it, as it's in English already.

Hope this helps!

KennyMonster

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on March 27, 2019, 09:03:35 PM

This is bullshit about Jackie Walker. I'm interested as to whether this sort of decision is being arrived at by cuckoos still infesting parts of the nest or as a misguided attempt at conciliation. If the former, it is clear there is still much work to be done in clearing the Augean stables of the Labour machinery (sorry for multiple mixed metaphors), if the latter, it is seriously foolish as those who are kicking up a fuss about supposed anti-semitism will never be satisfied until Labour is back in the hands of the pro-war, pro-Israel neoliberal extremists. I agree entirely with Chris Williamson that dealing with the fake anti-semitism smears with any degree of seriousness has been a massive mistake.

I agree, the cunt element of the party really do need to fuck off.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on March 27, 2019, 09:48:38 PM

Pre-holocaust, mate...no free pass on dirty deeds done dirt cheap

ZoyzaSorris

Don't get me horny walnuts, you won't like me when I'm horny.

Buelligan

Where is the other breast.  Can't be behind the head, too large, is it stretched around and over the other shoulder?  He's a very tolerant man.  But imagine, whoever drew it, spending all that time, beavering away and not thinking it through or having any understanding of female anatomy at all.  Maybe they based it on their mum.

Still, good effort and I'm glad they've put in dear old Martin.  Nice to see they've included some women and BAME individuals too.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on March 27, 2019, 07:59:11 PM
Jackie Walker apparently has been binned out of Labour, here's a Segalov thread about it from Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MikeSegalov/status/1110991580440285184

The thread itself is now binned.

greencalx

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 28, 2019, 09:09:05 AM
The thread itself is now binned.

Do we know why?

Meanwhile, my social media is trying to get indignant about the 27 Labour MPs who defied the whip to vote against the 2nd ref IV last night. For me I think this underlines why the leadership have held out on it for so long. And for those who come back with the "lack of leadership" charge, I refer you to Harriet Harman in 2015 when Cameron brought the Tory austerity plan to parliament.

king_tubby

Ah, I saw he was updating bits of it after he posted so he may have deleted and started again.

BlodwynPig