Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:23:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

I'm afraid I cheated on Corbyn with Rebecca Long-Bailey yesterday.

I feel dirty.

pancreas

Replies From View

What is a long Bailey?  I find these terms difficult enough when it's just the coffee.

pigamus

John McDonnell on Twitter saying 'Becky's parent's will be very proud!' like she'd just won Sports Day, bless him.

pancreas

If anyone wants to help Labour try to win in Peterborough, get yourself set up with the Dialogue app. Once you've registered, you give it a phone number and the system calls you and repeatedly connects you to people in Peterborough so you can remind them to vote or call them fucking cunts if they've voted for the tax-dodging millionaire racist cunt party. Just calling 5 people would be great.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on June 06, 2019, 12:35:17 PM
If anyone wants to help Labour try to win in Peterborough, get yourself set up with the Dialogue app. Once you've registered, you give it a phone number and the system calls you and repeatedly connects you to people in Peterborough so you can remind them to vote or call them fucking cunts if they've voted for the tax-dodging millionaire racist cunt party. Just calling 5 people would be great.

What is this, red nose day?

KennyMonster

Quote from: pigamus on June 06, 2019, 12:14:30 PM
I'm afraid I cheated on Corbyn with Rebecca Long-Bailey yesterday.

I feel dirty.

The Graun's Jon Crace described it as an embarrassing shit show in which the Tory one easily got the better of her.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm kinda guessing I won't be agreeing with him.

He always describes Corbyn's PMQs as poor whilst everyone else seems to say he smashed it and then whines asking why Corbyn concentrated on defending the most vulnerable rather than chasing exactly what Crace wanted to be discussed.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on June 06, 2019, 12:17:26 PM
What is a long Bailey?  I find these terms difficult enough when it's just the coffee.

This castle has an outer bailey and an inner bailey between the outside world and the keep. The outer bailey is quite long. hth

kittens

what's stopping me just going round the back of the castle. idiots. yes lads let's put two great big baileys on the front, no one get through our baileys! meanwhile i'm already through the backdoor jacking it on the throne.

Johnny Yesno

There's all trees in the way, it's fine.

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on June 06, 2019, 06:21:31 PM
what's stopping me just going round the back of the castle. idiots.

Nothing, mate. Why not just give it a try and see what happens to your account, why not?

Jockice

Where's thingy today? You know, whatshisname?

Johnny Yesno

Jerzy Bondov

Nope, I'm still here :-) thanks for concern and god bles

NoSleep

Quote from: Jockice on June 07, 2019, 11:41:37 AM
Where's thingy today? You know, whatshisname?

Got banned for making a transphobic comment.

Arrgghh!! and you were so close to making a week without an anti-semitic incident!! :(

https://twitter.com/hopenothate/status/1136926403763593216

Buelligan

Did she march through a Sussex village singing a nazi song?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on June 07, 2019, 05:06:21 PM
Did she march through a Sussex village singing a nazi song?

Thats not anti-semitic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 07, 2019, 04:56:04 PM
Arrgghh!! and you were so close to making a week without an anti-semitic incident!! :(

https://twitter.com/hopenothate/status/1136926403763593216

What was the incident - hard to see through the pall of self-enforcing smugness

kittens

lads i just had a look and she actually didn't do anything antisemitic so there's nothing to worry about here :)

thugler

What is she actually supposed to have done this time? At a guess, anti israel/zionism talk? Anything worse?

Endicott

QuoteMs Forbes caused controversy during the campaign when she liked a social media post which said Theresa May had a "Zionist slave masters agenda".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48532869

NoSleep

Why not quote the qualifying following sentences?

QuoteLabour said she had liked a video expressing solidarity with the victims of March's terror attacks on mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch "without reading the accompanying text, which Facebook users know is an easy thing to do".

"She has fully accounted for this genuine mistake and apologised," a party source said.

MP (to be) made a small error; this is unprecedented.

BlodwynPig

Disgusting. Those fucking zionist slave masters have gone too far this time.

But where is the anti-semitism. I thought we were supposed to be fighting to stop the rise of a new Hitler not actively encouraging it in a new form

Buelligan

It's all very difficult, this Facebook requirement these days, isn't it?  It's like the new church.  I'm a non-believer, if anything, actively against FB (certainly in my own life).  I just recognise the right of others to belong to whatever cults they like.

But MPs and the like, businesses, they don't really have the option not to conform, they must be seen, in the front pews, every fucking day, liking away with the best of them, if they want to be accepted that is.  And then they're into the territory of reading every fucking piece of bollocks that gets sent their way.  If they just like everything, even all the stuff that looks at first glance to be totally reasonable, unless they read every fucking jot and tittle small print little dreck comment by everyone else and make sure they have some weasel-words ready, on a long enough timeline, someone will catch them out, not being completely on the ball, not singing from the right hymn sheet.  Liking something wrong.  Twitter's the same, of course.

And people might well say, well, if you're going to be an MP, you shouldn't fall for these schoolchild errors like ordinary people might.  And I would ask them whether they're happy to pay someone who should be taking care of the people to spend their time on FB trawling for hidden catches and leading questions instead of doing that, seemingly, pretty worthwhile actual job that needs doing.  Because that's what these priorities are pushing for isn't it?  Excellent professional FB liker who doesn't do much fucking else.  Maybe the odd photoshoot for the Sunday Times now they've lost a bit of weight.

Don't know the ins and outs of this particular one, for all I know the woman in question's an out and out nazi and that's why she stood. But I somehow doubt it.  I also think Jess Phillips needs to get off her fucking phone and start working harder for her constituents.  She's the one desperately needing a bit of deselection, if anyone is, right now.  Well, her and uncle Tom.

I am definitely not liking either of them right now.

greencalx

Is there anything else apart from that one misguided Facebook like?

If not then suspension would be utterly disproportionate.

Buelligan

AFAIK, that is the whole of her evil.

I think, right now, there are non-denominational slave-masters having their minions comb over the Facebook and twitter accounts of every single person who could be described as Corbynite and probably a lot of others too, in the name of righteousness. 

TrenterPercenter

Ha the Guardian has gone full Daily Mail. State of its headline.  Desperate stuff really.

Corbyn wants to scrap social mobility........by improving social mobility for everyone.