Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biniput

The latest is the Japanese company owner saying the crew of the ship saw "flying" objects going into ship. Also points out that impact points are above waterline so not ideal from the point of torpedoes or mines.

BlodwynPig

NoSleep

Quote from: biniput on June 16, 2019, 03:10:46 AM
The latest is the Japanese company owner saying the crew of the ship saw "flying" objects going into ship. Also points out that impact points are above waterline so not ideal from the point of torpedoes or mines.

Are you trying to tell me eye witnesses are better sources of information than Donald Trump?

Zetetic

"The video is not enough. We can understand what is being shown, sure, but to make a final assessment, this is not enough for me."
(German Foreign Minister, Heiko Maas)

Howj Begg

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 15, 2019, 09:27:41 PM
Hell, no. Hubby has investments in Lockheed Martin that need nursing.

Mais oui. They get to have it done by someone else who will take the flak, and they reap the rewards.

greencalx

Quote from: Zetetic on June 16, 2019, 11:36:40 AM
"The video is not enough. We can understand what is being shown, sure, but to make a final assessment, this is not enough for me."
(German Foreign Minister, Heiko Maas)

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-attacks-germany-maas/germany-us-video-not-enough-to-attribute-blame-over-oil-tanker-attacks-idUSKCN1TF1SA

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Howj Begg on June 16, 2019, 12:11:14 PM
Mais oui. They get to have it done by someone else who will take the flak, and they reap the rewards.

Possibly, but they haven't felt the need to do it before: https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2018/04/24/theresa-may-husband-investment-firm-made-financial-killing-from-bombing-syria/

Dr Rock

I was talking to someone today who had to work at the Home Office when Theresa May ran it. If you happened to find yourself in the same lift as her nobody was allowed to speak.

Buelligan

Or what happened?  How was the rule communicated? 

Did she simply, wordlessly, eviscerate babblers with a specially made retractable jeweled spine and drink their essence, as Thatcher did?  Or was it more a case of forcing them through a tiny lubed set of ever tinier rubber tubes until they disassembled, à la Blair?

If we're ever going to win, we need to know this stuff.  We need to study their habits.

NoSleep

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 16, 2019, 11:19:18 PM
I was talking to someone today who had to work at the Home Office when Theresa May ran it. If you happened to find yourself in the same lift as her nobody was allowed to speak.

Was this to avoid spoiling the machinations of her thought process; savant that she proved to be?

I ask this because somebody told me they had worked in a place where mathematicians could sometimes be found pacing the corridors and everyone was instructed not to greet them, in case some thread of their mathematical thought became unravelled in the process of responding.

More likely she's a sociopath.

ajsmith2

Sonorous and odorous farting was encouraged though.

holyzombiejesus

What if that person was inspired to become a whatever because of May's choice in shoes?

Buelligan

A murderer, you mean?

Why then, they would have to pad about the lift in stockinged feet and work in trappist silence.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 17, 2019, 01:33:03 PM
this is it lads. it looks like the end for corbyn.

https://twitter.com/tonymc39/status/1140212197001453568

And who is this blue tick twat?

QuoteTony McDonough is a business journalist at the [Liverpool] Echo with a particular focus on property issues.

Right. That's me sold.

Howj Begg

Jesus Corbyn. As a fan of Ulysses, I could not give one shit about whether a politician has read it, and I do wonder how many other politicians have even cracked it open, like Corbyn clearly has. These people are either too stupid or too hypocritical, likely both, to even think through their own criticisms.

I believe TFM was very keen on this line of argument. "Corbyn didn't even go to university, clearly that means... er... well look it means bad man bad, okay?".

poodlefaker

Someone else was complaining that Corbyn had - of course - overlooked the aspects of anitisemitism in Ulysses, but the journalist replied that they had discussed this, but the editor had cut those bits out of the published article.

pancreas

Surely the only reason anyone reads Ulysses is to re-up on antisemitism.

Howj Begg

Quote from: pancreas on June 17, 2019, 02:58:34 PM

pipe down maths man.

jobotic

QuoteChris Mason
@ChrisMasonBBC
Javid: "If Labour wins I don't know who is first up against the wall, the Tories or the journalists."

Will no one challenge this shit?

imitationleather

It's the talk of a party who have become utterly complacent. They've got nothing whatsoever to offer other than ludicrous claims about the opposition.

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on June 17, 2019, 04:39:29 PM
QuoteChris Mason
@ChrisMasonBBC
Javid: "If Labour wins I don't know who is first up against the wall, the Tories or the journalists."
Will no one challenge this shit?

I don't see why things like this must always be framed as some sort of competition.  "The Market will decide".

NO.  The Market will not decide, we will decide and we don't need to tell any dull cunt on twitter of our ruminations or their fucking outcome.  Live with it @chrismasonbbc.
#not long now

Howj Begg

I can tell Javid definitively, it will be the Tories. Labour aren't monsters.

jobotic

Quote from: imitationleather on June 17, 2019, 04:42:41 PM
It's the talk of a party who have become utterly complacent. They've got nothing whatsoever to offer other than ludicrous claims about the opposition.

It's lies from a party that is descending into fascism with a media that is helping them along. See also Hunt's comments on Corbyn and his backing Katie Hopkins. Farage claiming that postal votes by voters of Asian origin give the wrong results. All Tory candidates saying in unison that they'd vote for Brexit. Remainers must be quiet.

Shut up opposition, this is our country and we'll do what we fucking want.

I'm terrified.

Dr Rock

Yeah but Corbyn's Venezuela Britain mate.

Zetetic

I still haven't read Things Fall Apart.

Replies From View

Quote from: Zetetic on June 17, 2019, 05:25:22 PM
I still haven't read Things Fall Apart.

Sounds like the script book for some awful twee 90s sitcom.  Don't bother reading it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: pancreas on June 17, 2019, 02:58:34 PM

I keep trying to read it because of the promised mucky passages. If anyone can tell me what pages they're on, I'd be very grateful.

chveik

"Jewgreek is greekjew"

you won't be laughing when the Joyce scholars will cost him the election!

Replies From View

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 17, 2019, 05:30:13 PM
I keep trying to read it because of the promised mucky passages. If anyone can tell me what pages they're on, I'd be very grateful.

Sorry mate it depends on the specific edition  :(