Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 26, 2019, 11:13:12 PM
Like a mouldy Gerry Anderson puppet filled with bitumen. Given free airtime to spout her fascist opinions

Exactly like that but horrible.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 26, 2019, 11:13:12 PM
Like a mouldy Gerry Anderson puppet filled with bitumen. Given free airtime to spout her fascist opinions

As is https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1143782106050547713?s=19

sponk

Fascism in disguise as anti-fascism?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on June 27, 2019, 09:47:15 AM
Fascism in disguise as anti-fascism?

Fashionista Fascism

May in her kitten heels
J*ss Ph*llips in her louis Vuitton

sponk

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 27, 2019, 09:57:47 AM
Fashionista Fascism

May in her kitten heels
J*ss Ph*llips in her louis Vuitton

Isn't that just fascism?

Hitler in his Jack Boots
The SS in their Hugo Boss

sponk

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 26, 2019, 11:15:29 PM
Oh great, some other poor twat that seems to believe everything they read or hear in the media verbatim (our sources tell us, we understand, etc...).

And no, he should never have been suspended in the first place for being secretly recorded stating the obvious.

This post really held up for you!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-brexit-labour-second-referendum-corbyn-watson-a8977091.html?amp

ZoyzaSorris

Me, it's a few years old now though, could do with an update, the FBPE edition.

greencalx

Ruth Smeeth: "I will not be bullied out of the Labour party", as 90 members of the parliamentary party gang up to sign a letter and bully Williamson out of the party.

ZoyzaSorris

Nice of them to line up a good initial shortlist for deselection proceedings.

Paul Calf

It's not actually good for the Labour Party though, is it? Any of this?

greenman

Not good but probably inevitable.

Zetetic

Not really, no.

For what it's worth, Zetetic's tepid take is:
- Williamson's words were, at best, insensitive and stupid.
- The Tories and their offshoots being endemically, if not essentially, racist parties doesn't really have much bearing on the numbers of fuckwits in the Labour party, however small that number is. I understand the intuition otherwise, however.
- Williamson's apology is fine by me, at least.
- The disciplinary process is a fucking nonsense. Is it even documented in the Rule Book? Are the judgements/decisions/verdicts minuted?
- I've no great faith in Vaz or the CLP rep involved in this decision, but I've no idea who the opposing anonymous Labour staffers are either.

I don't know if that's enough to condemn me or not.

Paul Calf

I think we're seeing the end of the Tory and Labour parties as major forces in British politics, and the immediate future will consist of centrist neolibs fighting actual fascists for control of the surveillance state they spent the last couple of decades building snd using automation and AI to crush and improverish the masses into submission.

Twit 2

Would love to have your optimism. It'll be worse than that.

Williamson's a slimy twat who wasnt even a part of the left wing until riding on Corbyn's coat-tails, think most of the left are against his readmission just the cranks on twitter backing him

greenman

Quote from: Zetetic on June 27, 2019, 06:56:43 PM
Not really, no.

For what it's worth, Zetetic's tepid take is:
- The Tories and their offshoots being endemically, if not essentially, racist parties doesn't really have much bearing on the numbers of fuckwits in the Labour party, however small that number is. I understand the intuition otherwise, however.
- Williamson's apology is fine by me, at least.
- The disciplinary process is a fucking nonsense. Is it even documented in the Rule Book? Are the judgements/decisions/verdicts minuted?
- I've no great faith in Vaz or the CLP rep involved in this decision, but I've no idea who the opposing anonymous Labour staffers are either.

I don't know if that's enough to condemn me or not.

Not that his comments were the ideal way to approach it(relative to Corbyn's line that any bigotry is too much bigotry) but I don't think the issue will be going away anytime soon, something will be dredged up and pushed every few weeks.

The whole complaints process does definitely need to be much more open I'd agree though although again I suspect that's really a legacy of Labour pre Corbyn that he's only been in the position to do much about relatively recently.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 27, 2019, 06:40:22 PM
It's not actually good for the Labour Party though, is it? Any of this?

Getting rid of the roughly 90 irreconcilables would be great for the Labour Party. Imagine not having back-stabbing traitors lining up to attack the party day in day out on enemy media.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on June 27, 2019, 07:10:22 PM
Interesting thread for to ignore:

https://mobile.twitter.com/supergutman/status/1002473953363922945

Fuck me, that's some thin gruel. If you think it's interesting, you really need to get out more.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on June 27, 2019, 07:27:35 PM
Williamson's a slimy twat who wasnt even a part of the left wing until riding on Corbyn's coat-tails, think most of the left are against his readmission just the cranks on twitter backing him

But he did used to be in the Anti-Nazi League. Anyone got any ideas as to why he's decided the Nazis were a great bunch of lads after all?

sponk

You can be anti-Semitic and not a full blown Nazi. And you can be anti-Semitic and an anti Nazi too

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 27, 2019, 09:13:51 PM
http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=13001

If you haven't done it already, you should have a look at that thread, Zoyza. It's what we're up against. It's stuff that you'd think only the most gullible of readers would fall for, yet it gains traction by mere repetition.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on June 27, 2019, 09:21:46 PM
You can be anti-Semitic and not a full blown Nazi. And you can be anti-Semitic and an anti Nazi too

Fuck me. This is where we're at: 'Yeah, sure, you're the kind of person who's prepared to take a kicking to protect other people from bigotry BUT WHAT ELSE WILL YOU DO? Have you even tried writing a sarcastic column for the Sunday Times? Didn't think so. Racist.'

Paul Calf

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 27, 2019, 09:10:08 PM
Getting rid of the roughly 90 irreconcilables would be great for the Labour Party. Imagine not having back-stabbing traitors lining up to attack the party day in day out on enemy media.

90 seats that would have to be fought and won again, which wouldn't necessarily go to less troublesome candidates and might end up going to the Lib Dems or the Brexit Party. Against a background of disgruntled ex-MPs booted out of the party. They're not going to stop attacking just because they're not members any more.

I cannot see how mass deselection can be portrayed as anything but the death knell for any party.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 27, 2019, 09:15:56 PM
But he did used to be in the Anti-Nazi League. Anyone got any ideas as to why he's decided the Nazis were a great bunch of lads after all?

Could ask Morrissey.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zetetic on June 27, 2019, 06:56:43 PM

I have to disagree with you here. I know people who are fearful of the rise of the far right and who are prepared to literally fight them in the streets to protect Jews and Muslims, and anyone else those cunts set their sights on. Not 'fight' as in write some cunty pleased-with-itself column.

Are they members of the tory party? Are they fuck.

It'll always be the left that'll stand up to those cunts. And everyone knows in their heart of hearts that out of all our political leaders, Corbyn is the only one likely to be manning any barricades in the Cable Streets of the future. Williamson is right to be angry that the party is being cowed by cynical careerists.