Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: sponk on July 01, 2019, 02:49:04 PM
Looks like Toasty hasn't deleted those tweets, and Sarkar said she'd sue if they weren't gone by morning. Should be an interesting story to follow. Incidentally the Novara Living Wage header on her profile seems a bit misjudged now. If you can afford libel lawyers at the drop of a hat I'm not sure you should be asking your viewers to pay your wages.

In the twitter thread you linked there are people offering to crowdfund Ash.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: sponk on July 01, 2019, 02:49:04 PM
Incidentally the Novara Living Wage header on her profile seems a bit misjudged now. If you can afford libel lawyers at the drop of a hat I'm not sure you should be asking your viewers to pay your wages.

Bit of an incredible and unnecessary leap this isn't it.  Ask yourself why you feel compelled to imply the following moronic factors that would be required for your criticism to be valid.

1. She can afford libel lawyers at the drop of a hat.
2. She should work for free
3. All of money donated to Novara goes to her
4. Asking the viewers of your content to pay your wages directly or indirectly is the whole of the media industry in one way or another.
5. If she did have money accrued from her work and could afford a libel lawyer at the drop of a hat why would this not be an acceptable use of her "earned" money
6. Only rich people not reliant on donations for their wage should have access to libel lawyers.

I just want to know why? Why do you do it?

Buelligan

sponk

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 01, 2019, 03:20:31 PM
Bit of an incredible and unnecessary leap this isn't it.  Ask yourself why you feel compelled to imply the following moronic factors that would be required for your criticism to be valid.

1. She can afford libel lawyers at the drop of a hat.
2. She should work for free
3. All of money donated to Novara goes to her
4. Asking the viewers of your content to pay your wages directly or indirectly is the whole of the media industry in one way or another.
5. If she did have money accrued from her work and could afford a libel lawyer at the drop of a hat why would this not be an acceptable use of her "earned" money
6. Only rich people not reliant on donations for their wage should have access to libel lawyers.

I just want to know why? Why do you do it?

Not many of those points are relevant to what I said at all. I didn't imply 2, 3, 5 or 6. I did imply 1, so if she crowdfunds because she genuinely can't afford it, sure, I was wrong.  I'd rather not bog down the thread on an argument from a throwaway comment really though.

Buelligan

pancreas

The next thread should be called

'Four and twenty Corbyns, baked in a pie.'

Buelligan

Because of his drugs problem?

Gerald Fjord

Quote from: sponk on July 01, 2019, 03:32:47 PM
Not many of those points are relevant to what I said at all. I didn't imply 2, 3, 5 or 6. I did imply 1, so if she crowdfunds because she genuinely can't afford it, sure, I was wrong.  I'd rather not bog down the thread on an argument from a throwaway comment really though.

I actually really do wanna get bogged down in this. So the two of these things are irreconcilable, yes?:

a) Asking for the consumers of your product to provide monetary compensation for your labour.

AND

b) Being able to afford libel lawyers. (At the drop of a hat, no less!)

Please elaborate.

Twed

Quote from: pancreas on July 01, 2019, 03:39:00 PM
The next thread should be called

'Four and twenty Corbyns, baked in a pie.'
home-grown leek pie

Twed

Haha Tracy Ann Oceanman has me pre-emptively blocked on Twitter, yassssssssssssssss

I love being blocked by arseheads. I tried to get Trump to block me for a while but then got scared that I might get deported.

imitationleather

Does this mean I can't enjoy Friday Night Dinner and Toast of London now?

Fucksake. I wish well-known people were banned from posting on social media.

Zetetic

Quote from: pancreas on June 30, 2019, 09:34:19 PM
People don't credit you as readily as they should do for your trolling skills.
Mmm.

Quote... I think that two barristers might be sufficient to come to the conclusion that if this ended up in court, then the LP would have egg on their faces...
I don't disagree with that.

I'm not sure it's enough to ensure that procedure meets the other standards we might want of it. That it can generate the 'Keith Vaz cleared him for political purposes' story so readily is a problem in itself - whatever you might think of the outcome.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on June 30, 2019, 09:34:19 PM
People don't credit you as readily as they should do for your trolling skills.

Come now, you're just exaggerating for effect.  One of the marvellous things about Zetetic is his ability, when the wind gets up his tail, to tickle almost anyone's fancy and them to hardly know or care but just to lie there, letting him, in full public view.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on July 01, 2019, 05:34:48 PM
Does this mean I can't enjoy Friday Night Dinner and Toast of London now?

Fucksake. I wish well-known people were banned from posting on social media.

They all played the long game

sponk

Does this mean I can't enjoy calling Corbyn supporting media pundits anti-Semitic now?

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 01, 2019, 06:25:44 PM
They all played the long game

Oh fucking hell.  Not Risk.  Waste of fucking life.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: sponk on July 01, 2019, 03:32:47 PM
I'd rather not bog down the thread on an argument from a throwaway comment really though.

Can't you throw them away instead of posting them in future? thx

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on July 01, 2019, 06:25:06 PM
Come now, you're just exaggerating for effect.  One of the marvellous things about Zetetic is his ability, when the wind gets up his tail, to tickle almost anyone's fancy and them to hardly know or care but just to lie there, letting him, in full public view.

Some kind of Louis CK?

Johnny Yesno

Just reading Sarkar's twitter stream to see more of the TAO spat and it seems Labour have a new broadcast out: https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1145705387779379200

Sadly, the guy that made it has died: https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/1145700248246980608

holyzombiejesus

That is sad. Seemed like a decent man.

On the other hand, this Ooberman woman is an utter cunt. Check out this thread (dunno if I've linked properly). She's fucking horrible.

https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1145764854558547969

Buelligan

Yes, loved that film and am very sorry to hear the maker's sadly died.

That Tracy woman comes across as a horrid cunt, makes me glad I don't go to twitter, I didn't even know she was alive until I visited that place.  Now I have to find a way of living with that new knowledge.  Challenging stuff.

BlodwynPig

Back in the day they were known as battle axes, or ninnies

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 01, 2019, 09:54:25 PM
That is sad. Seemed like a decent man.

On the other hand, this Ooberman woman is an utter cunt. Check out this thread (dunno if I've linked properly). She's fucking horrible.

https://twitter.com/TracyAnnO/status/1145764854558547969

Christ, her twitter stream is like the house in nagsworth's Satan thread.

Buelligan

Minus the laughs.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 01, 2019, 10:32:25 PM
Back in the day they were known as battle axes, or ninnies

I always thought ninnies were exclusively male.  Every day I am learning the new shit.

Anyway, she's not a ninny, not at all, ninnies are foolish and flighty.  She is like that nasty one off of Countdown, I'm thinking.  Not very nice at all.

Johnny Yesno

Retweeting Nick Cohen complaining about the arts being too lefty: https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1145658006782259202

I see you, Oberman. I see you.

holyzombiejesus

That bit where she 'accidentally' copies in The Guardian's editor really shows her up as a nasty fucking piece of work. The journalist guy seemed to be quite decent, telling people not to pile on, but she's just fucking vile.

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 01, 2019, 10:50:05 PM
Retweeting Nick Cohen complaining about the arts being too lefty: https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1145658006782259202

I see you, Oberman. I see you.

Yeah, weird how community art doesn't tend to sing the praises of austerity, and people expressing themselves creatively don't tend to side with structures that exist entirely to shut them down.  So strange.

pancreas

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 01, 2019, 10:54:13 PM
That bit where she 'accidentally' copies in The Guardian's editor really shows her up as a nasty fucking piece of work. The journalist guy seemed to be quite decent, telling people not to pile on, but she's just fucking vile.

ANTiSEMITISM

holyzombiejesus

Quite why a D List actress (and prominent anti-Corbyn campaigner) would have the personal telephone number of the Guardian's editor is a real mystery to me.

pancreas

I think you know what I'm going to say.