Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poodlefaker

joke about Labour party doner scandal

biggytitbo

110 MPs at the British Kebab awards is amazing, that's more than you get in the house of commons most days.

king_tubby

I Am Doner in the top 25. LEEDS REPRESENTZ.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love the vague attempts to call him a hypocrite. Must try that whenever my vegan friends attend restaurants serving meat and see how that goes.

Buelligan

I'm not a vegan but I am a vegetarian of several decades, I work in a restaurant that serves flesh.  I'm sure many vegetarians and vegans are also people that tolerate and accept the choices of people who are not in their in-group. 

It's rather a case of being damned either way, as with most choices Corbyn makes, isn't it?

Neville Chamberlain

EDIT: Oh, bollocks to it.

king_tubby

Posting to remove edit glitch which is annoying me.

Replies From View

Johnny Yesno

Twed

Quote from: Buelligan on March 19, 2019, 09:17:39 AM
I'm not a vegan but I am a vegetarian of several decades, I work in a restaurant that serves flesh.  I'm sure many vegetarians and vegans are also people that tolerate and accept the choices of people who are not in their in-group. 
Fish aren't vegetables man, they should wiped out!

Twed

Why did I read "flesh" as "fish"? I tend towards pescetarianism but that's just ridiculous.

ToneLa

Quote from: Twed on March 19, 2019, 05:37:53 PM
Why did I read "flesh" as "fish"? I tend towards pescetarianism but that's just ridiculous.

Holy shit so did I. Was aboot to say the difference between a vegetarian and a pescatarian is kidding theyselves

Twed

ToneLa, are we going to be okay?

Johnny Yesno

greencalx

Some interesting language in a Guardian piece on Tory leadership posturing:

Quote from: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/19/tory-mps-vow-to-quit-party-if-boris-johnson-becomes-leader
Backers of Johnson believe MPs could swing behind him if they believe an election is not far away, because he is already a household name to put up against Labour's Jeremy Corbyn.

"Who outside Westminster has heard of Dominic Raab?" asked one Brexit supporting MP who wants Johnson to deliver May a message that she must stand down soon regardless of whether her Brexit deal passes.

I thought the whole point of Corbyn is that any Tory leader could win against him?

ToneLa

Quote from: Twed on March 19, 2019, 05:48:43 PM
ToneLa, are we going to be okay?

We? I doubt it!

You? I hope so! You have cats :)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: greencalx on March 20, 2019, 08:26:04 AM
Some interesting language in a Guardian piece on Tory leadership posturing:

I thought the whole point of Corbyn is that any Tory leader could win against him?

Heh, snap.

Muted recognition that any pick other than Boris leaves, effectively, Corbyn as being the highest profile politician in England, also that he might benefit from that once the whistle sounds for a new election campaign.

But don't worry, they are so convinced of his uselessness they will overreach again, they will misjudge the situation haplessly and Corbyn will come through it granite-like and emboldened. One of his unexplored and unappreciated strengths is his ability to repel any sort of smear or personal attack. This is one of the reasons he deserves admiration, regardless of his myriad failings.

You can tell from the dispatch box May can't bring herself to hate Corbyn, she sits there in a weird complexion, alienated by his politics but not by him as a human being. This is unlike Cameron who genuinely despised him and, I think vice versa.

Inevitably a campaign shines a light on the humanity of the politicians involved. Corbyn is destined to pass that with flying colours. May's entire job is to justify injustice. She can't do this and come across as human.

Twed

Twed

DrGreggles

Corbyn has apparently left a meeting of leaders because Umunna was there.
Quite right too.

NoSleep

On the hearsay of Vince Cable. Nobody will know why Corbyn left until he explains himself.

greencalx

Thought there was a labour statement along he lines of "It was a meeting of party leaders. Chaka doesn't lead a party."

Soup Dogg

Dunno, multiple sources saying Corbyn walked out because of Chuka. Really fucking stupid if he did, and I can't really think of a good reason to justify it in any circumstance. He's allowed the focus to shift onto labour again,and done a good job of perpetuating the notion that all sides of parliament are bickering babies who can't put aside their own petty differences to work for the common good in a time of national crisis.

idunnosomename

he should have just slapped him on the head

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Soup Dogg on March 20, 2019, 08:54:34 PM
Dunno, multiple sources saying Corbyn walked out because of Chuka. Really fucking stupid if he did, and I can't really think of a good reason to justify it in any circumstance. He's allowed the focus to shift onto labour again,and done a good job of perpetuating the notion that all sides of parliament are bickering babies who can't put aside their own petty differences to work for the common good in a time of national crisis.

The avalanche of events in the next 48 hours will bury that in a hole so deep it will never be remembered.

Soup Dogg

Here's hoping. Or not. God I hate this shit.

Buelligan

I think it's pretty obvious May's main preoccupation seems to be wasting time.  I don't blame Corbyn one bit for not letting her waste his. 

greencalx

Corbostrop reduced to a throwaway mention on the Ten.