Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Once I was 7 years old

Started by Twit 2, March 19, 2019, 07:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Utter ShitI don't really understand how anyone could be offended by it.

Music you hear in the office, in shops, in public spaces is music being forced on you and (therefore clearly aimed at you and for your consumption, even if you aren't the core demographic) so placing the listener in a position where they can rightly cast judgement, having listened to something they couldn't control, perhaps against their wishes. Ooh I wondered why people find that offensive that's up there with nuclear fusion that one

machotrouts

To just assume that this was specifically aimed at children purely because it's shit is the most brutal review in this thread

Hey, stuffy middle-aged bald losers, this isn't FOR you! It's for DUMB FUCKIN IDIOT BABIES!

Twed

Utter Shit

Quote from: machotrouts on March 20, 2019, 05:37:47 PM
To just assume that this was specifically aimed at children purely because it's shit is the most brutal review in this thread

Hey, stuffy middle-aged bald losers, this isn't FOR you! It's for DUMB FUCKIN IDIOT BABIES!

It's true though! It's not trying to be good.

Ray Travez

Quote from: mippy on March 20, 2019, 01:01:06 PM
It's no 'I Wasn't Expecting That', though.

Quite an astonishingly awful song, superlative in its mawkish sentimentality. The fact that it's all invented makes it really horribly cynical.

Am I right in thinking he dies at the end? So the whole thing is sung from the perspective of a ghost. Or is it just his wife that dies? I can't remember. I think he should have done verses for other things he wasn't expecting- Britain's forced exit from the Exchange Rate Mechanism, driverless cars, Multi-Cheerios etc

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Ray Travez on March 21, 2019, 12:16:11 AM
I think he should have done verses for other things he wasn't expecting- Britain's forced exit from the Exchange Rate Mechanism, driverless cars, Multi-Cheerios etc

I laughed