Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me with my petty life admin please.

Started by Icehaven, March 19, 2019, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Q1. I've just moved and had a new provisional driving licence issued with my new address on. According to the DVLA I'm supposed to return the old one to them cut in half, however as my new licence has already arrived (so issuing it obviously wasn't dependent on them receiving the old one), is it even worth the cost of a stamp to do this? I'll happily cut it up and chuck it in the bin myself, just seems a waste of a stamp and envelope for them to do it for me and if they ask I can just claim I did post it.

Q2. Had an email from ebay claiming my account had flagged up as possibly being involved in an attempt to buy something listed without going though ebay directly. Halfway down it says ''details are identified below;...' then there's just a big blank space, then the rest of the standard email going on about violations and account suspensions etc.
There's nothing inviting me to click a link or anything so it's not like a usual standard phishing scam, however I'm still presuming it either is scammers, or is a mistake, or is a delayed response to the fact I actually did do this a few months ago (bought a second hand fridge after exchanging a few messages with the seller in which she said it was cash in hand only, which suited me fine as I wanted to have a proper look at it first anyway.) If it is this, then why the blank space in the email, why has it taken so long to flag up and how (other than by reading our messages) could they know? 

Q3. Does anyone know where the fuck my electric meter is?

BlodwynPig

Neville Chamberlain

1. No
2. Yes
3. In the last place you look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thugler

1.no
2. Just see if anything on ebay page. If not delete.
3. Cupboard

BlodwynPig

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 19, 2019, 01:39:28 PM
electricity meter cupboard

It is in no cupboards. Are they ever outside? Across the street? Abroad?

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: icehaven on March 19, 2019, 01:37:38 PM
Q2 is not a yes or no question, this is not helpful.

You're right. In that case, I'll change my answer to "Don't know" Hope this helps!

As for your electricity meter, are you sure you didn't accidentally eat it?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on March 19, 2019, 01:40:50 PM

Mavis from No. 49's Electricity Meter Cupboard

Danger Man

Quote from: icehaven on March 19, 2019, 01:40:50 PM

Depending on where you live, it could be in a big box on the side of the building.

Buelligan

• Ignore, fuck 'em
  • Ignore, fuck 'em
  • You forgot to pack it, it's still in your old house.

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 19, 2019, 01:41:44 PM
Mavis from No. 49's Electricity Meter Cupboard

Well she can bally well have the bills too then.

Icehaven

Quote from: Danger Man on March 19, 2019, 01:42:53 PM
Depending on where you live, it could be in a big box on the side of the building.

I will check this in a bit. You have been helpful.

Icehaven

Quote from: thugler on March 19, 2019, 01:38:54 PM

2. Just see if anything on ebay page. If not delete.

Never thought to do that, have just checked and the same message is in my ebay inbox but still with a blank space where the ''details of where the activity occurred'' should be. I think I'll ignore it.

Quote from: icehaven on March 19, 2019, 01:46:41 PM
I will check this in a bit. You have been helpful.

Sometimes they're in weird places.  Mine's in a store cupboard in a different block of flats.  I'd ask a neighbour.

BlodwynPig

Electricity companies now get tenants to do their job for them. Tell them to send someone round to find it or else!

Icehaven

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on March 19, 2019, 01:51:31 PM
Sometimes they're in weird places.  Mine's in a store cupboard in a different block of flats.  I'd ask a neighbour.

There is a locked door under the stairs on the ground floor actually, I bet it's in there. I asked the letting agent 2 days ago but had no reply yet (they probably don't know either).

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 19, 2019, 01:58:05 PM
Electricity companies now get tenants to do their job for them. Tell them to send someone round to find it or else!

If I can't find it and the letting agents are no help they're going to have to.

thenoise

I bet it's in that locked cupboard, yes.  eBay sent me a warning for selling a film that's apparently a bit naughty (even though it is available uncut from high street shops in U.K., not sex shops either proper normal ones like HMV), and also told me off cos I agreed to sell someone some stuff on my auction by private arrangement (shut down the auction and sold a whole loaf more of them to him by email). So, yes, they definitely read your messages, or at least have a bot trawl them for clues.