Author Topic: The OA Season 2  (Read 1463 times)

McFlymo

• Pre-"Post Reply" Anxiety
Re: The OA Season 2
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »
I get the feeling it'll definitely have a few more seasons. The fact that Season 2 has a very different flavour to Season 1 suggests to me that this will be an ongoing trend, so Netflix have probably already permitted several seasons.

I suppose that can change if it doesn't stay popular, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on Season 3 and 4.

Stupid nitpick-y question (from S2: Episode 2) : The "Nauseous" ... "Nauseated" exchange, on the boat. 

Nauseous is "feeling inclined to vomit", whereas "nauseated" is to "affect with nausea", but aren't they interchangeable for the most part?

Edit: New page, new Nina... (sorry)

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 02:49:49 AM »
I started s1. Will someone tell me what OA is so I can just quit.

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:09 PM »
Otters anonymous

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 01:27:25 AM »
^ I fucking guessed it then. Off to watch more eps.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »
Shows like this bother me. I think it is absolute garbage (on season 1 still). I worry that it may be brilliant but I am just too thick to understand why it is good. I keep watching and it keeps being terrible. I hate myself and the show now.

Edit- The 100 comes back in 2 weeks though

McFlymo

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 02:24:00 AM »
Just finished Season 2. Damn, that was great!

SPOILERS AHEAD!!
I loved the ending (although "dead naming" the trans lad / sending him back to when he was Michelle seemed slightly off). The ambulance seemed to be in England, too. Season 3 could be very fun. 

Loved the ride of Season 2 from start to finish though. Definitely felt the same about the "Scooby Gang" being a bit directionless and dull, but I just enjoy stories with multiple simultaneous threads like this. The noir-ish detective element was cool, too. It had a good pace. I could've done with a couple more episodes to let certain things develop, but better to feel that way than feel it overstayed its welcome, I suppose.

Yes. Good and stuff.

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »
I really don't remember much of s1, but I just finished s2 and god I love its weirdness, particularly the part where she's on stage. And Jesus Christ I laughed so hard at the ending.

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2019, 09:25:39 PM »
I really don't remember much of s1, but I just finished s2 and god I love its weirdness, particularly the part where she's on stage. And Jesus Christ I laughed so hard at the ending.

I read The Guardian review right after seeing that episode, and that's the scene where the reviewer tapped out, even though it was prolly the coolest moment in the whole series.

EDIT/Spoilers in the title: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/22/the-oa-season-two-review-netflix-brit-marling

mrfridge

• Pissing excellence for over 3 decades
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »
Last episode was great. I thought there was 10 eps for some reason but I’m glad it wasn’t dragged out.

Looking forward to wherever they go with the next series. Given the conclusion to this one it could be even more batshit insane. Meta mayhem ahoy!

McFlymo

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2019, 12:32:36 AM »
Last episode was great. I thought there was 10 eps for some reason but I’m glad it wasn’t dragged out.

Looking forward to wherever they go with the next series. Given the conclusion to this one it could be even more batshit insane. Meta mayhem ahoy!

**SPOILER**

I had to check google to see if Jason Isaacs was actually Brit Marling's husband after it.

**SPOILER

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2019, 10:25:00 AM »
spoiler: He clearly isn't that committed to the role, otherwise he'd divorce his wife and marry her.

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2019, 02:37:26 PM »
I also will admit to having looked up Mr Isaacs on Wikipedia after watching the last episode, for precisely that reason.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »

Done, feeling extra thick now. May revisit the tentacle sexual assault and strangulation scene a few more times to maybe get a better understanding of what the series was about.

Ja'moke

• based on the novel Push by Sapphire
    • Inside Survivor
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2019, 12:18:47 AM »
Just finished S2. I love this show. Ending really took me by surprise, in a good way. Very Inland Empire.