Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The OA Season 2

Started by SteveDave, March 19, 2019, 01:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFlymo

I get the feeling it'll definitely have a few more seasons. The fact that Season 2 has a very different flavour to Season 1 suggests to me that this will be an ongoing trend, so Netflix have probably already permitted several seasons.

I suppose that can change if it doesn't stay popular, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on Season 3 and 4.

Stupid nitpick-y question (from S2: Episode 2) : The "Nauseous" ... "Nauseated" exchange, on the boat. 

Nauseous is "feeling inclined to vomit", whereas "nauseated" is to "affect with nausea", but aren't they interchangeable for the most part?

Edit: New page, new Nina... (sorry)

Dex Sawash

I started s1. Will someone tell me what OA is so I can just quit.

mjwilson

Dex Sawash

^ I fucking guessed it then. Off to watch more eps.

Dex Sawash

Shows like this bother me. I think it is absolute garbage (on season 1 still). I worry that it may be brilliant but I am just too thick to understand why it is good. I keep watching and it keeps being terrible. I hate myself and the show now.

Edit- The 100 comes back in 2 weeks though

McFlymo

Just finished Season 2. Damn, that was great!

SPOILERS AHEAD!!
I loved the ending (although "dead naming" the trans lad / sending him back to when he was Michelle seemed slightly off). The ambulance seemed to be in England, too. Season 3 could be very fun. 

Loved the ride of Season 2 from start to finish though. Definitely felt the same about the "Scooby Gang" being a bit directionless and dull, but I just enjoy stories with multiple simultaneous threads like this. The noir-ish detective element was cool, too. It had a good pace. I could've done with a couple more episodes to let certain things develop, but better to feel that way than feel it overstayed its welcome, I suppose.

Yes. Good and stuff.

Noonling

I really don't remember much of s1, but I just finished s2 and god I love its weirdness, particularly the part where she's on stage. And Jesus Christ I laughed so hard at the ending.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Noonling on April 18, 2019, 08:56:05 PM
I really don't remember much of s1, but I just finished s2 and god I love its weirdness, particularly the part where she's on stage. And Jesus Christ I laughed so hard at the ending.

I read The Guardian review right after seeing that episode, and that's the scene where the reviewer tapped out, even though it was prolly the coolest moment in the whole series.

EDIT/Spoilers in the title: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/22/the-oa-season-two-review-netflix-brit-marling

mrfridge

Last episode was great. I thought there was 10 eps for some reason but I'm glad it wasn't dragged out.

Looking forward to wherever they go with the next series. Given the conclusion to this one it could be even more batshit insane. Meta mayhem ahoy!

McFlymo

Quote from: mrfridge on April 18, 2019, 09:51:06 PM
Last episode was great. I thought there was 10 eps for some reason but I'm glad it wasn't dragged out.

Looking forward to wherever they go with the next series. Given the conclusion to this one it could be even more batshit insane. Meta mayhem ahoy!

**SPOILER**

I had to check google to see if Jason Isaacs was actually Brit Marling's husband after it.

**SPOILER

Noonling

spoiler: He clearly isn't that committed to the role, otherwise he'd divorce his wife and marry her.

olliebean

I also will admit to having looked up Mr Isaacs on Wikipedia after watching the last episode, for precisely that reason.

Dex Sawash

Done, feeling extra thick now. May revisit the tentacle sexual assault and strangulation scene a few more times to maybe get a better understanding of what the series was about.

Ja'moke

Just finished S2. I love this show. Ending really took me by surprise, in a good way. Very Inland Empire.

Small Man Big Horse

And it's been cancelled. https://news.avclub.com/netflix-pulls-a-bullshit-move-cancels-the-oa-1836973649

I've mixed feelings, I liked the ending but it took too long to get there, and really should have been about six episodes at most.

Ja'moke

Gutted. I really loved this series and was really excited about where season three was potentially heading.

Bently Sheds

That's a fucker. Although the second series seemed to be a bit meandering in tone and pace it gave the impression that it was steadily setting things up nicely for the next one.

I don't think I have seen a more imaginative show in recent times, so it's a great shame they're dumping it.

Noonling

Maybe if a million people all meet up to do The Dance we'll jump into a dimension where they change their mind?

SteveDave

Ja'moke

There's a theory that the cancellation is fake and part of the storyline for season three. Usually I'd roll my eyes at that kind of theory, but for this show, and given the way S2 ended, I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

SteveDave

Dex Sawash

Piling on with how much I fail to get this show is not ok. Reported for bullying.

SteveDave

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 10, 2019, 03:43:10 PM
Piling on with how much I fail to get this show is not ok. Reported for bullying.

I'm doing "the Movements" at you.

NoSleep

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 05, 2019, 07:34:01 PM
And it's been cancelled. https://news.avclub.com/netflix-pulls-a-bullshit-move-cancels-the-oa-1836973649

I've mixed feelings, I liked the ending but it took too long to get there, and really should have been about six episodes at most.

Looks tenuously possible that it isn't cancelled. For one, Netflix haven't officially said anything as yet.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa7yvm/please-let-these-conspiracy-theories-about-the-oa-coming-back-be-true

QuoteThe streamer apparently still hasn't released an official statement about the cancelation, although that quote from original content head Cindy Holland sounded pretty official, but one Redditor is convinced that Netflix (or the customer service reps, at least) are being pretty evasive about the whole thing.

Ja'moke

What was it they said last season? At some point, the game goes IRL.

Rev+

The fake cancellation is far too dodgy a move for Netflix to pull at this point, as they're cancelling pretty much all of their original productions.  It's a really bad time to attempt a hoax like that, particularly if you depend on monthly subscriptions that can be cancelled at any time.

It's done, but I could see something like a 3 episode wrap-up on an online platform happening.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: SteveDave on August 12, 2019, 10:14:07 AM
I'm doing "the Movements" at you.

I THINK IT MAY BE STARTING TO WORK

McFlymo

Quote from: Rev+ on August 14, 2019, 03:22:19 AM
The fake cancellation is far too dodgy a move for Netflix to pull at this point, as they're cancelling pretty much all of their original productions.  It's a really bad time to attempt a hoax like that, particularly if you depend on monthly subscriptions that can be cancelled at any time.

It's done, but I could see something like a 3 episode wrap-up on an online platform happening.

You speak much sense, and I has a sads. But yeah! I like the idea of an online wrap-up thing happening!