Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:33:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Stadia

Started by The Boston Crab, March 19, 2019, 06:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

If it were anyone else but Google, that would be my response too. But I'm more: HAHAHmmm.

BlodwynPig

Google Prostitute Caravan on A1 Layby

Twed

Good luck trying to archive any gaming history when this becomes the standard. Want to play that classic from 15 years ago? SORRY STREAMING FOR THAT TITLE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.

Oh well, we'll all be dead by then anyway.

biggytitbo

Hey guys, now you must permanently rent your games.

I bought Delocated off YouTube. Went to play it a couple of months later, simply disappeared from my account. Two months of customer service interaction followed whereby I provided the exact time and date and bank statements and Google Wallet receipts and screenshots across three separate devices while they robotically batted it back with a fresh request which I accomplished with patience and resolve. Finally, they blinked and asked me to repeat a previous part of the process and I threatened to take them to court. Refunded within the hour.

Imagine that but with 1080 Snowboarding UHD.

madhair60

Alright lads fancy coming back to mine for a quick go on the Stadia?

sorry What we're not GAY MATE

Cuellar

biggytitbo

Oh sorry, we've lost the licence to this game so you can't have it anymore.

There's no such thing as a 2nd hand stream either.

Jerzy Bondov

Seems good to me, then again I fucking hate computer games

Bazooka

Sorry boss can't come into work today, I'm trying to stream Big Rigs on my Kindle, but it just won't buffer.

biggytitbo

I've got crap internet, I want a physical console, I want to buy and own physical games and I don't want to play online. Apart from that, looks good.

Howj Begg

Cloud

Google what?   *duckduckgos it*

Oh.  Meh, I give it 5 years

Honestly I don't know why anyone would invest themselves in a Google service nowadays - too many of them are treated like experiments or pet projects.  Cue a few years of pissing about with it, changing the UI, changing the name, trying to force people to use it etc before shutting it down and forcing its half a dozen users to retreat back to Twitch.

biggytitbo

Josef K

If they can sort out the input lag I'm 100% on board with this.

Can see them offering different tiers of subscription, similar to Origin Access - e.g. £10 a month for unlimited access to lower tier, older games, £15 for mid tier - fairly recent but not brand new, £25 for everything.

It'll be fine for 30fps third person action watch the animation chod like God of War or whatever or RDR2 but absolutely useless for stuff like fighting games or shmups or anything which requires any skill.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteinput lag

Call it latency