Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you know anyone that works or has worked as a personal shopper?

Started by Shit Good Nose, March 19, 2019, 07:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

One of Mrs Nose's friends has this evening told us that she's landed her "dream job" (she's been chasing it for years) as a personal shopper.  It's not for anyone famous, just for some faceless megarich cunt who made their money from...I dunno, probably oil or slavery.  It basically means she's quit her job (on a call centre in Bristol) and will be moving out of her parents' house ("finally" they're no doubt thinking - she's 42) and will be following this person all around the world and living in hotels and the like, but will have a main base somewhere (she's not sure where yet, but logically Essex as that's where this rich cunt lives).  And then of course buying whatever this cunt she's working for wants or needs.  And that will include ridiculous requests (like, for my own example, doner kebab and chips with hot chilli sauce at 3 o'clock in the morning in the middle of bible belt America).

The salary is "significant", although she's not even hinted at how much.  She has to pay her own way for travel and accommodation, but that's all allowed for on top of her main salary.  Apparently the job description (whatever format it's in) does actually say "working hours - however long I need you to work for at any time of the day".  She'll get one weekend in four off and is allowed to take five weeks holiday a year.

It all sounds like a fucking nightmare to me, but then I'm not the person this type of job is aimed at.

What are the typical daily working hours?  Totalled and averaged I mean - appreciate you might have to do the aforementioned kebab and chips run early morning, but then possibly not be needed for the next 24 hours.

EDIT - and yes, I have seen the film Personal Shopper, but that's less about personal shopping and more about a miserable young woman trying to make contact with her dead brother.  As far as I know there's no requirement for Mrs Nose's mate to try and make contact with the spirit world.

imitationleather

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: imitationleather on March 19, 2019, 07:07:50 PM
Sounds like she's landed this woman's job:

Mrs Nose's mate would be quick to stipulate that she's a PA and that her (Mrs Nose's mate's) job won't involve any business related admin.

But yeah.  But no doubt a lot more glamourous and on a shitload more money.

thenoise

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 19, 2019, 07:02:07 PM
"dream job"
Yeah, the highest aspiration of a great many people is to be the personal handmaiden of the new aristocracy.

There are a few people I wouldn't mind doing it for, I suppose.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: thenoise on March 19, 2019, 07:12:05 PM
Yeah, the highest aspiration of a great many people is to be the personal handmaiden of the new aristocracy.

There are a few people I wouldn't mind doing it for, I suppose.

I'm guessing it's the fact that she gets to go shopping in lots of fancy places and will get paid a lot of money for it whilst staying in fancy hotels.

Shit Good Nose

That's the low budget version for council estate scumbags.

Endicott

It's going to depend on who it is really isn't it? Based on the given terms, she's going to be a slave to a vapid arsehole. I bet they haggle over her money too.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Endicott on March 19, 2019, 07:22:39 PM
It's going to depend on who it is really isn't it? Based on the given terms, she's going to be a slave to a vapid arsehole. I bet they haggle over her money too.

I don't know if "slave" is the correct or appropriate term given that she knows exactly what it all entails and it's something she's always wanted to do.  As for the money - no idea, but it's a fixed wage with the travel and accommodation..."bonus" I guess (?) on top, so I assume there is some form of contract which stipulates salary.

imitationleather

I remember when Jermaine Defoe was looking for someone to be his 24/7 lackey he was offering about £32k.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: imitationleather on March 19, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
I remember when Jermaine Defoe was looking for someone to be his 24/7 lackey he was offering about £32k.

Well she's on just over £30k now (or was) in her call centre job, and said that this was a "significant" salary.  But after that she wasn't willing to divulge, so no idea.

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 19, 2019, 07:33:45 PM
Does this person have any other personal staff?

Dunno.

bgmnts

Not willing to divulge her wages to you? Is that common marital practice? Should you be concerned she's going to run off to Dubai with some oil prince?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on March 19, 2019, 07:47:14 PM
Not willing to divulge her wages to you? Is that common marital practice? Should you be concerned she's going to run off to Dubai with some oil prince?

Um......read it again.  A bit slower this time...

bgmnts

Danger Man

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 19, 2019, 07:34:57 PM
Well she's on just over £30k now (or was) in her call centre job, and said that this was a "significant" salary.  But after that she wasn't willing to divulge, so no idea.

It'll be 50.

bgmnts

Ohhhhhh fuck me I can't read.

I need a timeout.

Prod your wife for info, I want the number.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on March 19, 2019, 07:52:04 PM
Prod your wife for info, I want the number.

No, she won't tell my wife either.  Which is what makes me think this is BIG money - I reckon she'd tell us if it was up to £45 or £50k.

Quote from: Danger Man on March 19, 2019, 07:53:40 PM
At some point he'll want her to touch his winkie.

I don't know if it is a he.  But equally a she could want her to touch her middle-fe-diddle.

Rolf Lundgren

Apparently the job description (whatever format it's in) does actually say "working hours - however long I need you to work for at any time of the day". 

There's your red flag right there.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on March 19, 2019, 07:55:32 PM
There's your red flag right there.

That goes with personal shopper territory doesn't it?

Or do you mean it's a thinly veiled "I will summon you to my room in the dead of night and do a Louis/Weinstein on you"?

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 19, 2019, 07:59:29 PM
That goes with personal shopper territory doesn't it?

Or do you mean it's a thinly veiled "I will summon you to my room in the dead of night and do a Louis/Weinstein on you"?

I was reading it more as "Every minute of your life now belongs to me". Even that odd weekend off and holiday could well be interrupted by his nibs asking her to pick up a tin of Sheba.

But yeah, chuck in potential unwanted groping too.

Shit Good Nose

Again I don't know if it's a bloke, but yeah.  She is prepared for that, though (not the groping).

thenoise

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 19, 2019, 07:54:47 PM
No, she won't tell my wife either.  Which is what makes me think this is BIG money - I reckon she'd tell us if it was up to £45 or £50k.

That's a pretty significant pay rise for call centre staff. Especially as she could potentially be travelling about for significant portions of the year (I.e. not paying rent)

I'm not surprised it pays well, as it seems like a tough gig and I presume they will want someone they can trust so will hope to keep the same person for a number of years.

Sebastian Cobb

I've asked my mate to pick up the tabs and rizla while they're out walking the dog, does that count.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 19, 2019, 08:28:19 PM
I've asked my mate to pick up the tabs and rizla while they're out walking the dog, does that count.

Depends how much you paid him in wages and if you wanked over him after.

imitationleather

I used to get shopping for my Nan so I reckon I'd be well-suited for this role.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 19, 2019, 08:30:53 PM
Depends how much you paid him in wages and if you wanked over him after.

Probably gave him 2's on a joint. Didn't wank.

Apparently there used to be rich people mobiles that had private operators that could 'fix you with drugs/takeaways/dead prostitute removal at any time of day or night at the push of a special button. There's probably a special rich person siri these days.

paruses

The salary is "significant", although she's not even hinted at how much.  She has to pay her own way for travel and accommodation, but that's all allowed for on top of her main salary.  Apparently the job description (whatever format it's in) does actually say "working hours - however long I need you to work for at any time of the day".  She'll get one weekend in four off and is allowed to take five weeks holiday a year.

I reckon 60K.

But how does the travel and accommodation work? You'd anticipate being called on at unreasonable hours for some idiot's whim but having to sort your own accommodation and travel would worry me.