Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines sequel or remake

Started by Mister Six, March 19, 2019, 10:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

So Paradox Interactive has put up some screens on its Twitter feed that appear to suggest a sequel - or more likely remake/HD overhaul - of Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is in the offing: https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/1107311009021288449

There's also some kind of ARG Tinder spoof that I can't be arsed with here: https://t.co/eMwRimlCIy

Bloodlines (once properly patched up) is a modern classic in action-RPG gaming, and absolutely worth your time. If this is indeed some kind of follow-up, which we'll find out on Thursday, then things are looking pretty rosy.

Noodle Lizard

I loved Redemption back in the day.  Remember being 10 or so and trying to get my tech-illiterate parents to help me fiddle around with patches to get the multiplayer working.  Surprisingly advanced for its day.

I did try and play Bloodlines much later, but some kind of glitch wouldn't let me proceed past the hand-holding levels.  I hear it was grand.  Would love to see an up-to-date release.

samadriel

Those are some really pretty snaps; I don't normally care much about remasters, but if they can make Bloodlines look like that, colour me a little interested.  Even more interested if it's actually a sequel, but they'd probably have announced it long before the screenshot stage if it was.

Couldn't get the tinder thing working.  Anyone get anything interesting out of it?

St_Eddie

biggytitbo

I heartily approve of remaking old games with better controls and graphics. Always liked the look of this too.

St_Eddie

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 20, 2019, 06:03:29 PM
I heartily approve of remaking old games with better controls and graphics.

Agreed.  I hate remakes of films but games are a different kettle of fish altogether.  I'm all for a remake of a classic game, provided that it's done well and with respect towards the original.

Mobius

I'd love a remake of this. It was such a fun ambitious game, but unfortunately the technology of the time made it a pain to play.

kittens

played this a few years ago (actually i remember posting about it at the time so i checked my post history and it was 5 fucking years ago and i have done literally nothing since fucking hell) and i really enjoyed it and got up to the chinatown bit i think where there was some super weird fucked up vampires and i guess i got bored then. will buy this cheers.

St_Eddie

I've not played this but I remember the rave reviews at the time.  I'll wait to see if there's a HD version on the horizon and if not, I'll give the original version a go.

Norton Canes

Played the actual RPG, and Jyhad, the CCG version. Jyhad was pretty good actually - I'd play a Dominion-style deck-building version if it were ever released.

remedial_gash

Only played it recently - stupidly chose the mad version of vampire, which was great, but the replay with a more ordinary sort sucked. Too much bad fighting; the malkavian breezed through without much violence - third act still sucked.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 20, 2019, 11:56:24 PM
I've not played this but I remember the rave reviews at the time.  I'll wait to see if there's a HD version on the horizon and if not, I'll give the original version a go.

It still stands on its own as a great piece of work, I'd really recommend it anyway. Buggy but they'll struggle to beat the atmosphere in it. it's like, the graphics aren't technically great, but aesthetically they fit so well and I'd prefer them to most current games. Same with something like Cry of Fear - made on the Half-Life 1 engine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

remedial_gash

Quote from: TwinPeaks on March 21, 2019, 06:00:14 PM
It still stands on its own as a great piece of work, I'd really recommend it anyway. Buggy but they'll struggle to beat the atmosphere in it. it's like, the graphics aren't technically great, but aesthetically they fit so well and I'd prefer them to most current games. Same with something like Cry of Fear - made on the Half-Life 1 engine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes deffo - one of the best experiences, true art, third act was shoddy,  but worth any persons time.

Mister Six

That Tinder thing will apparently deliver the goods at 7pm PST/10pm EST/2am GMT. Still can't be arsed with it, but apparently there's a Twitch stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

VelourSpirit

This twitch stream is so great, really over the top acting in this fake presentation for the Tender app. People are saying it's cringe, but they're just boring.

Mister Six

Trailer confirmed: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2. Great big giant tits and all.

Barry Admin

I thought I knew what this was, but after digging around on Google, I suspect I was actually mixing it up with the Legacy of Kain games.

I'll hold out for a remake of The Count by Scott Adams...! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Count_(video_game) Can still remember some of the gory pictures.

Barry Admin

samadriel

samadriel

That sounds sarcastic, but she does talk about stuff that's in the game!

I feel bad for people who get sick when they use a first-person view, but, well... I'm alright, Jack.  Hopefully fiddling with FOV etc will help them.  Or the game will be modded.

remedial_gash

think they said will be moddable, and cara is involved, so should be good.

VelourSpirit

Slight shame to see both this and Cyberpunk 2077 opting for first person. I like seeing my sexycool vampire/cyborg characters brooding about. Can't be disappointed though considering I didn't even think this game could ever happen before yesterday. I wonder who's doing the music?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mister Six on March 22, 2019, 03:32:39 AM
Trailer confirmed: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2. Great big giant tits and all.

I best get playing the original then, I reckon.

Noonling

Oh gods, Vampire The Masquerade was one of my favorite games, it just has such a great atmosphere. The new trailer looks a bit too combatty, but I guess having long conversations isn't a sexy way to present a trailer.

St_Eddie

I've just ordered both Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines from GOG.  They're currently downloading.  The former was only £1.19, so I figured that I might as well get both.  Has anyone here played Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption and if so, is it any good?  I never pay much heed to the reviews on GOG because they're heavily skewed by nostalgia.

Noodle Lizard

I loved Redemption at the time, but I was very young and don't think I got very far overall.  Probably didn't understand the RPG aspect much, and ended up spending a lot of my time doing the "multiplayer" free roam type stuff instead.  I'm sure it'd seem virtually unplayable now, but there were a lot of great things in there.

Mister Six

Redemption is pretty creaky-seeming now, but if you're going to play it go in fully unspoiled.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mister Six on March 23, 2019, 09:04:20 PM
Redemption is pretty creaky-seeming now, but if you're going to play it go in fully unspoiled.

Thank you for letting me know.  I know next to absolutely nothing at about the series.  It's extremely rare for me to buy into a game fully blind but this is one of those rare occasions where I'll not only go into it blind, but also most likely enjoy the experience.  I know virtually nothing about Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption.  I know absolutely nothing about their gameplay, graphics or mechanics.  I'm looking forward to receiving my education in a classic.  I admire the mechanics and the graphics of the past.  John Romero won't make me his bitch.  Vampire: The Masquerade will.