Author Topic: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood  (Read 33315 times)

Glebe

• Even if it's ovah d'fown!
Re: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »
Apparently the guy who plays Sam Wanamaker played Spider-Man in the old TV series.

New Page... Twat.

« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
Also, Jake Gyllenhaal probably could've done a good performance if Leo wasn't available. But he was and I liked it, so there.

Glebe

• Even if it's ovah d'fown!
« Reply #332 on: October 08, 2019, 01:51:15 AM »
QT chat with Scorsese, if you're interested.

« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2019, 02:55:10 AM »
Interesting article.
http://thenewbev.com/blog/2019/09/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-round-table/?fbclid=IwAR17N02VJv69be72rDTdr4ZozWISQtfH5LUziy9ZFDOY8-OvO5aDgkuAgv0

Thanks for that, a good read. I think they somewhat hand-waved away the issues some have with the film, but I couldn't help but agreeing with the general thrust of this:

STEVE: I find all this hand-wringing, nay-saying, and accusations of misogyny over OUATIH perversely bemusing – given the historical reality; given Tarantino’s reputation; given what folks paid expecting to see; and given what’s actually onscreen. The OUATIH finale is furious once it arrives, and brilliantly staged, but it’s  easily the least sadistic Manson film ever made, and I’m including both made-for-TV versions of Helter Skelter [1976, 2004] in that lineage. I just spent a few weeks rescreening all of them, and that’s the fact. There isn’t a single Manson/Tate movie made to date that’s as restrained in its violence as OUATIH – nor as merciful to those who were, in the real world, the victims.

As an aside, I'm surprised no one else was shocked by Tim Olyphant's lip filler.

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »
I hate it when films do this.

An extended cut of Quentin Tarantino’s latest film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood — featuring four new scenes of previously unseen footage totaling 10 minutes — is headed to theaters. The updated movie, nearly three hours long, will hit more than 1,000 North American locations starting Friday, October 25th.

Will it really make a difference to the box office total? Is there a large number of people willing to sit through the film again to see four new scenes?

« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2019, 11:28:50 AM »
Apparently the guy who plays Sam Wanamaker played Spider-Man in the old TV series.

He was also a Von Trapp child in "The Sound Of Music".

« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2019, 03:19:42 PM »
I hate it when films do this.

Will it really make a difference to the box office total? Is there a large number of people willing to sit through the film again to see four new scenes?

at least one of them will be margot robbie getting a pedicure.

« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »
This is available now. I'm not sure that I saw the whole thing though as every now and again we'd see the tops of subtitles that had been covered up with extra black bars. There was some weird editing too when Rick Dalton's speaking to (Timothy Olyphant's character).

I liked it overall though. Especially that Bradley Pitts.

« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2019, 09:00:32 AM »
There was some weird editing too when Rick Dalton's speaking to (Timothy Olyphant's character).

That was in the theatrical release.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2019, 11:54:49 AM »
This is available now. I'm not sure that I saw the whole thing though as every now and again we'd see the tops of subtitles that had been covered up with extra black bars. There was some weird editing too when Rick Dalton's speaking to (Timothy Olyphant's character).

I liked it overall though. Especially that Bradley Pitts.

Is it a screener or a Blu Ray rip?

« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2019, 02:23:21 PM »
Is it a screener or a Blu Ray rip?

It said HDRIP in the download title but that could mean anything. It looked good though.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #341 on: November 25, 2019, 02:31:43 PM »
Sod it, the official release comes out in early December, so I'll just tell somebody to get it me for Christmas. The film was obviously way too short, so the 20 minutes of extended/deleted scenes will go some way to fix that.

« Reply #342 on: December 01, 2019, 04:12:52 PM »
My main 'takeaway' (ugh) is that Brad Pitt taking his shirt off on the roof turned me a bit gay.

55 years old ffs

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2019, 04:35:46 PM »
I get the feeling Pitt made him write that bit in.