Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill & Ted 3: Face the Music

Started by St_Eddie, March 20, 2019, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

QuoteFollowing 1989's Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and 1991's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, the stakes are higher than ever for William Bill S. Preston Esq. (Winter) and Theodore Ted Logan (Reeves). Yet to fulfill their rock and roll destiny, the now middle-aged best friends set out on a new adventure, when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it and bring harmony to the universe. Along the way, they will be helped by their families, old friends and a few music legends.

Galaxy Quest and Fun With Dick and Jane director Dean Parisot will helm Face the Music, with a script from original Bill & Ted writers Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. Scott Kroopf will produce alongside Alex Lebovici and Steve Ponce. Steven Soderbergh, John Ryan Jr., Scott Fisher, and John Santilli will act as executive producer.

These decades late sequels rarely ever work but it could be fun, I guess?

Mister Six

The fact that it did come this late, and is a proper production with most of the old team, gives me hope. It's not like Keanu needs this on his resume and he's a smart bloke, so hopefully the script is actually good.

Shit Good Nose

Could go either way with Dean Parisot directing, but then the first two films' directors haven't exactly had sparkling careers since.

Quietly confident with all of the original creative talent involved, though.

The Culture Bunker

Are they going to have to do some serious make-up on Reeves to make him look the age he actually is? At least to not show Winter up too much.

Twed

They could just also have Reeves get stung by a big bee.

St_Eddie

I'm curious to know who they'll recast Rufus with.

Twed

I read something saying that they won't.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on March 20, 2019, 08:43:46 PM
I read something saying that they won't.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.  On the one hand, it's respectful but on the other hand, I want Rufus!  Having said that, I'm sure that someone else will fill his role (as a different character) and they'll put a nod/tribute to George Carlin in there somewhere.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 20, 2019, 08:49:15 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about that.  On the one hand, it's respectful but on the other hand, I want Rufus!  Having said that, I'm sure that someone else will fill his role (as a different character) and they'll put a nod/tribute to George Carlin in there somewhere.

For quite a long time I thought Rufus was played by Phil Manzanera (I knew about Roxy LONG before I knew about George Carlin), cos I thought it looked like him and he played guitar (the cut away from Rufus' face to showing hands only didn't really register as hiding something).

Soooo.....cast Phil Manzanera?

AliasTheCat

Aw, I thought that announcement trailer was charming. I'm genuinely optimistic for this, as Mister Six says, neither of them need this, I think they both just really want to do it and have done for some years.

St_Eddie

Quote from: AliasTheCat on March 20, 2019, 09:11:25 PM
I'm genuinely optimistic for this, as Mister Six says, neither of them need this, I think they both just really want to do it and have done for some years.

Oh, I don't know.  Whilst Alex Winter might not need this, I'm sure that he really, really wants it.  His career as an actor is pretty much dead in the water.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 20, 2019, 09:18:20 PM
Oh, I don't know.  Whilst Alex Winter might not need this, I'm sure that he really, really wants it.  His career as an actor is pretty much dead in the water.

Only cos he's concentrated on being a director, though.

AliasTheCat

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 20, 2019, 09:24:16 PM
Only cos he's concentrated on being a director, though.

Yeah, I think his forthcoming Zappa documentary has raised unprecedented amounts on Kickstarter. I honestly don't know if he'd bother with acting unless it was something he really wanted to do, but that's just speculation.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: AliasTheCat on March 20, 2019, 09:31:14 PM
Yeah, I think his forthcoming Zappa documentary has raised unprecedented amounts on Kickstarter. I honestly don't know if he'd bother with acting unless it was something he really wanted to do, but that's just speculation.

I'm REALLY looking forward to that being a massive Zappa fan, and also Winter's last few docs have been exceptional.

Alas, his fiction directing work hasn't come anywhere near the dizzying heights of Freaked.  Smosh the Movie as abysmal.

AliasTheCat

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 20, 2019, 09:43:10 PM
I'm REALLY looking forward to that being a massive Zappa fan, and also Winter's last few docs have been exceptional.

Alas, his fiction directing work hasn't come anywhere near the dizzying heights of Freaked.  Smosh the Movie as abysmal.

i didn't even know of the existence of Smosh! I still have fond memories of his appearance on Mondo Rosso and the great story he told from the set of Freaked.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Everybody loves belated sequels.

The new "Rufus" figure has to be female. It would be an own-goal not to. If nothing else it would help get it properly funded, rather than crumbs from Kickstarter.

St_Eddie

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 20, 2019, 10:09:51 PM
The new "Rufus" figure has to be female. It would be an own-goal not to. If nothing else it would help get it properly funded, rather than crumbs from Kickstarter.

Why would that help to get it funded and why would that be such a great thing, in of itself?  I mean, I'm not adverse to the idea but the thought that it would be "an own-goal not to" is baffling to me.

greenman

Quote from: Mister Six on March 20, 2019, 07:48:08 PM
The fact that it did come this late, and is a proper production with most of the old team, gives me hope. It's not like Keanu needs this on his resume and he's a smart bloke, so hopefully the script is actually good.

Pre John Wick I could have seen Reeves do this as a bit of a desperation move to try and revive his career but as you say he really doesn't need that anymore which gives me hope it might actually be a good script.

Shaky

I bet this is going to be absolutely fucking ace.

This hasn't been funded via Kickstarter, though. Plus Bill and Ted's daughters feature in main roles.

Jerzy Bondov

They should instead of rebooted the series with Bill and Ted replaced by woman

Sebastian Cobb

It'd be lol if lady-rufus turns out to be Missy mom.

Glebe

ToneLa

I hope they update their phrase Be Excellent To Eachother for these new, more cynical times

Fuck The Lot of Yous, perhaps

Tentative excitement!

Avril Lavigne

I'm a lifelong die-hard Bill & Ted fan and I can't wait.  The first two were such singularly weird movies, especially Bogus Journey which could easily have just been a quick cash-in retread of the original's time travel adventure but instead went off in a dozen completely different, bonkers directions.  I can imagine the studio folk being nervous at the prospect of having a sequel largely based around the two lovable protagonists being pushed off a cliff and killed in the first 25 minutes and that's not even the strangest thing in the movie.

It's been done. In Bogus Journey, Pam Grier was Rufus.

Sebastian Cobb

I really need to rewatch Bogus Journey.

There's two types of people in this world, people that recognise Bill and Ted was much better than Wayne's World and idiots.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 21, 2019, 12:53:54 PM
There's two types of people in this world, people that recognise Bill and Ted isn't particularly comparable to Wayne's World and idiots.
Fixed

Quote from: ToneLa on March 21, 2019, 11:50:20 AM
I hope they update their phrase Be Excellent To Each Other for these new, more cynical times.

Be Brexillent to Each Other.

If they don't want to reboot Rufus there's also the Star Wars option of a full CGI George Carlin, with a soundalike doing the voice.

MidnightShambler

Bogus Journey is possibly my favourite film, it's certainly the one I saw most at the cinema (about 15 times I reckon). Even in my local independent cinema it was packing them in for a good couple of months, I had to sit on the floor in the aisle on one showing (in the times when you could actually do that and nobody was arsed. No such thing as sold out).

Summer of 1991 was fucking boss, Bill and Ted, Out Of Time, red hot weather and Bret Hart beat Mr Perfect at Summerslam. Glorious.

I really hope this film isn't shit.