Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:50:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill & Ted 3: Face the Music

Started by St_Eddie, March 20, 2019, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Roughly how old would you say they both look now?

Sebastian Cobb

The young lad at work looks a lot like Alex Winter.

Especially Alex Winter when he played a hoodlum in Death Wish 3.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 21, 2019, 01:25:24 PM
Fixed

Nah, Wayne's World and Bill & Ted sat in the same cultural space at the time they came out and for a few years afterwards.  For many people they've been interchangeable.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Other than having metalhead protagonists who say "Excellent" a lot, they're not really similar though.

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 21, 2019, 05:35:45 PM
Other than having metalhead protagonists who say "Excellent" a lot, they're not really similar though.

That doesn't change it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Of course it does. All that I say is correct.

Bill and Ted has more in common with Back to the Future - both being sci-fi adventures about aspiring musicians. Wayne's World is more of a slobs vs. snobs sort of thing, with lots of fourth wall breaking.

I'm not saying that people didn't compare them, just that they were wrong to do so.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 21, 2019, 05:35:45 PM

Yeah, Wayne's World is a Zucker brothers style gag-fest steeped in irony, parody and meta comedy. Bill and Ted is a high-concept comedic adventure movie with a relatively earnest tone more in the tradition of Back to the Future. They're both very good films but it would never really occur to me to rank them against each other.

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 21, 2019, 05:46:12 PM
I'm not saying that people didn't compare them, just that they were wrong to do so.

Fair enough.

Dannyhood91

When you pause that video it looks like Tommy Robinson and Thom Yorke

St_Eddie

I prefer Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure over Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey but had they included this deleted scene (sadly lost to the sands of time), then my opinion may have been swayed.  The horror hound in me would have loved to have seen the giant killer bunny...

That could have potentially dethroned Twilight Zone: The Movie for the 'best giant killer bunny in a film' award...

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 21, 2019, 01:44:01 PM
If they don't want to reboot Rufus there's also the Star Wars option of a full CGI George Carlin, with a soundalike doing the voice.

Oh dear God no!  Ethics aside, those uncanny valley shenanigans are distracting as all heck.

ToneLa

The killer bunny was in the Hell scene though right?

Replies From View

Quote from: ToneLa on March 23, 2019, 03:01:20 PM

Yes it was.

Has Bill and Ted ever had a proper DVD release?  By "proper" I mean anything other than a bare-bones scabby release when DVDs were first invented.

St_Eddie

Quote from: ToneLa on March 23, 2019, 03:01:20 PM

Not quite.  I mean technically, yes, I suppose, but it looked like this...

That's a short killer bunny.  I wanted to see the giant killer bunny with razor sharp teeth and claws.  Apparently that scene was cut because the giant killer bunny was deemed as being too scary for young audiences.  Well, poppycock, says I.  If kids can handle a vision of people slaughtering bunnies en masse in Watership Down, then they can certainly deal with a giant killer bunny turning the tables.  Kids and grown ups love it so, the pant filling horror of the show.

Quote from: Replies From View on March 23, 2019, 03:19:02 PM
Has Bill and Ted ever had a proper DVD release?  By "proper" I mean anything other than a bare-bones scabby release when DVDs were first invented.

Yep.

Replies From View

St_Eddie

greenman

Were would that scene have fit into the film I wonder? looks like its set after they've come back to life coming across the "hell" characters in the van.

St_Eddie

Quote from: greenman on March 24, 2019, 03:50:32 AM
Were would that scene have fit into the film I wonder? looks like its set after they've come back to life coming across the "hell" characters in the van.

Yep.  It definitely would have taken place post Bill and Ted's journey into Hell.  I'm thinking just prior to the climatic Battle of the Bands scene.

Avril Lavigne

I have an unusual story about the deleted scenes from Bogus Journey, in that I clearly remember seeing most of them in a cut of the movie on TV in the early '90s.  For a long time I assumed I must have dreamt them because they weren't in the VHS and DVD copies that I eventually bought but then I saw photos and descriptions of them on the internet to prove they did exist.  I just don't know how or why ITV or whoever managed to broadcast a version of the movie with those scenes in.

ToneLa

Bill & Ted's BJ was most triumphant.

Oddly the trip to A&E moreso!!

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 23, 2019, 04:55:24 PM
Not quite.  I mean technically, yes, I suppose, but it looked like this...

Aye you're right on the killer bunny assertion, Street Eds. That would have been tubular!

Gulftastic

I've not seen BJ since I saw it in the pictures back in the day. I remember loving the parts where they really play with the time travel. I think I need to do a rewatch.

St_Eddie

Quote from: AliasTheCat on March 25, 2019, 09:06:52 PM
William Sadler's back as Death:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3552515/confirmed-william-sadler-will-reprising-role-death-bill-ted-3/

I don't know how to feel about this.  He was great in the first sequel but one of the things that I admired about said sequel, was how much of a departure it was from the first film.  I fear that the 3rd movie is destined to join the ranks of decades too late sequels, which are hoping to coast by on mere good will and nostalgia.

colacentral

I think it's a good thing. It's a good character, probably the main reason why I think Bogus Journey is much better than Excellent Adventure. Plus Sadler's a great actor, good to see him in anything.

I wonder if they'll still be travelling around in phoneboxes. What would it be now? A magic segway?

Replies From View

Mango Chimes

I'm not excited to see Bill & Ted in their fifties. It's one of those things where either way to go will seem wrong – they either speak and act the same as they did thirty years ago, weird, or they've significantly changed, weird.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 26, 2019, 08:33:33 AM
I'm not excited to see Bill & Ted in their fifties. It's one of those things where either way to go will seem wrong – they either speak and act the same as they did thirty years ago, weird, or they've significantly changed, weird.

This is a pretty good summation of my own feelings on the matter.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Replies From View

Another jarring aspect will be the inevitable non-80s feel to the film.  CGI and teal and orange will be more distracting to me than the fact the actors/characters have aged.

Mango Chimes

I also don't want them to undo or caveat the end of Bogus Journey – they learned to play, became a massive hit, caused world peace. Happy with that. I'll be unhappy with "...but then something shit happened and btw Rufus is dead."