Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill & Ted 3: Face the Music

Started by St_Eddie, March 20, 2019, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 26, 2019, 11:05:42 AM
I also don't want them to undo or caveat the end of Bogus Journey – they learned to play, became a massive hit, caused world peace. Happy with that. I'll be unhappy with "...but then something shit happened and btw Rufus is dead."

I hate to be the bearer of bogus news but...

Quote from: Keanu Reeves (2017)"Basically, they're supposed to write a song to save the world and they haven't done that. So the pressure of having to save the world, their marriages are falling apart, their kids are kind of mad at them."

Bad Ambassador

A reminder that Reeves, Winter, Carlin and Bernie Casey all reprised their roles in the Hanna-Barbera animated series.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Keanu Reeves (2017)"Basically, they're supposed to write a song to save the world and they haven't done that. So the pressure of having to save the world, their marriages are falling apart, their kids are kind of mad at them."

But they have! The news reports at the end say they caused world peace in the 90s!

Looking at Wiki, I'm slightly more heartened by the rest of that quote:

Quote from: Keanu Reeves (2017)"and then someone comes from the future and tells them if they don't write the song it's just not the world, it's the universe. So they have to save the universe because time is breaking apart"

Shaky

Casting news:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/06/05/bill-and-ted-3-daughters-keanu-reeves-alex-winter/

Predictably, certain "fan" quarters are going absolute fucking berserk because a) it changes the ending of Bogus Journey (which the film seemed to be doing anyway...) and b) WOMEN. I think they're great choices, though, and the addition suits the characters of Bill and Ted really well.

greenman

Women playing characters daughters, the world has gone mad.

Replies From View

It's Adam and Eve, not Billie and Thea.

Sebastian Cobb

Can they not just use Teminator rules where they turn round and go 'well yeah actually you didn't stop judgement day you just delayed it'?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shaky on June 06, 2019, 04:44:02 AM
Casting news:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/06/05/bill-and-ted-3-daughters-keanu-reeves-alex-winter/

Predictably, certain "fan" quarters are going absolute fucking berserk because a) it changes the ending of Bogus Journey (which the film seemed to be doing anyway...) and b) WOMEN. I think they're great choices, though, and the addition suits the characters of Bill and Ted really well.

Oh, stop it.  If you give them oxygen, they breathe.  Put a pillow over their face.  Smother the bastard.  Do anything other than point at it and say "look at that!", whilst jumping up and down.  Do you know what percentage of audience members are misogynist?  Not as many as you think.  4%, if I had to put a number on it.  Why pay attention to the ugly little 4% troll?  Pay it no heed.  Pay it no coin.

Nothing to see here.

Gerald Fjord

don't think they're their real daughters

Replies From View

Shaky

For some reasons Imgur isn't letting me shrink it so have a BIG PIC:

Sebastian Cobb

Is death still going to be at their command? That's the real question.

Avril Lavigne

I hope Ted is only dressed so smartly because not fulfilling his destiny yet has led him down the wrong path into some kind of A&R job.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shaky on July 03, 2019, 09:49:03 AM
For some reasons Imgur isn't letting me shrink it so have a BIG PIC:

Replies From View

The whole project is just so they can show off that they aren't going bald, isn't it.

Alex Winter looks like Doomy Dwyer, by the way.

Shaky

Thanks for making it all small, Replies.

This is going to be ace. I can feel it. Having turned 40 this year I have a new affinity for aging, past their prime characters and I predict this thing will be both fun and surprisingly moving as the silly cunts try to piece both their family lives and the universe back together.

Always thought Bill might end up being the one with an office job, mind, having slightly more nous than Ted. Although works the other way as well.

Butchers Blind

Looking forward to this too.  Only worry is I heard there will be musical celebrity cameos which rarely are a good thing.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 03, 2019, 01:07:38 PM
Looking forward to this too.  Only worry is I heard there will be musical celebrity cameos which rarely are a good thing.

If they're as minor as Jim Martin's cameo in Bogus Journey they should be fine.

Shaky

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 03, 2019, 01:07:38 PM

There are very mild spoilers floating around which suggest - maybe - they're still sticking with historical figures played by actors. Otherwise, I've no probs with music stars having cameos as other characters a la Taj Mahal in Bogus Journey.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 03, 2019, 10:17:07 AM
Is death still going to be at their command? That's the real question.

William Sadler is in it, so quite possibly.

St_Eddie

Jillian Bell has joined the cast of Bill & Ted Face the Music, as the two families' therapist.

Also, I'd meant to post this a while back; Sarah O'Connell interviews Ed Solomon.  There's a fair bit of information about the plot of Bill & Ted Face the Music in there.

Small Man Big Horse

The first trailer's out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAL7emClFM&feature=emb_logo

I think it kind of looks okay, pretty fun and all that, and trailers for comedies are often shit so I'm quietly optimistic it'll turn out to be a worthy sequel.

Shit Good Nose

.......dunno.  It almost seems like they've forgotten how to play those characters.  Or maybe they're just not able to any more.

Nice to see William Sadler back as death, though - comedy talent that only Alex Winter has properly tapped into.

In related news, Studio Canal are currently prepping a 4K UHD master of Excellent Adventure.  Hopefully Bogus Journey will follow.

El Unicornio, mang

Releasing the trailer on 6/9 and also 6/9 eastern, nice touch.

I'll watch this just because I love the originals and like the 3 principal actors but it's inevitably going to disappoint. I was talking to a friend (late 20s) who is a massive sci-fi movie/TV show buff and she'd never even heard of Bill & Ted. Struggled to contain my disgust.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 09, 2020, 04:56:55 PM
I was talking to a friend (late 20s) who is a massive sci-fi movie/TV show buff and she'd never even heard of Bill & Ted. Struggled to contain my disgust.

Well, we are now living in a world where there are actual ADULTS who were born AFTER the year 2000.......

Capt.Midnight

Excellent Adventure is one of my favourite 80's movies. For a movie about time travel to different periods, it now captures that period in America so well.

The trailer has given me some hope, however, I can see them going down the route of focusing on their kids....with the iPods....and the instagrams....being all modern...."Yeah dad, get with the times! What's BODACIOUS MEAN? LET'S GOOGLE HANG WITH A.I RUFUS BECAUSE WE'RE MODERN! INTERNET."

Hopefully not.

Ferris

brat-sampson

Bit of a nothing trailer, they show up, say the catchphrase, get in the box, outline the plot, then a 5 second bit in a future prison.

I have some hope the movie's good fun, and with the right mindset, I'm sure it will be, but I was hoping for the trailer to have a bit more... something.

Shit Good Nose

As I see I said at the beginning of this thread, with Dean Parisot directing it really could either way - Galaxy Quest is obviously a minor masterpiece, but he's done a lot of shit otherwise and a hell of a lot of TV directing.

IIRC Winter was originally in the frame to direct, but was too busy with his Frank Zappa doc to be both actor and director.  But then Winter directing can go either way as well - for every Freaked there's one or two TERRIBLE TV movies.