Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:22:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Netflix Madeleine McCann docco

Started by thugler, March 20, 2019, 10:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on March 26, 2019, 06:18:04 PM
If you believe the theory that they killed Madeleine a few days before then that means they didn't leave her on her own at all so actually they're very responsible. Apart from the killing bit.

It's worse than that.  On the night that I believe Madeleine died (the second night of the holiday), the McCann's had gone to a restaurant miles away, outside of the resort and without their kids.  I think that the night that Madeleine was supposedly "abducted" (three days later, if I recall correctly) was the McCann's staging things by going to the resort's restaurant, within viewing distance of their villa, to make themselves look somewhat less irresponsible.  Madeleine had long been dead and her body disposed of by then.

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 26, 2019, 08:22:53 PM
It's worse than that.  On the night that I believe Madeleine died (the second night of the holiday), the McCann's had gone to a restaurant miles away, outside of the resort and without their kids.  I think that the night that Madeleine was supposedly "abducted" (three days later, if I recall correctly) was the McCann's staging things by going to the resort's restaurant, within viewing distance of their villa, to make themselves look somewhat less irresponsible.  Madeleine had long been dead and her body disposed of by then.
But she was seen alive the morning of her disappearance?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on March 26, 2019, 08:49:37 PM
But she was seen alive the morning of her disappearance?

There's absolutely nothing to prove that she was.  There is, however, a fair bit of evidence to suggest that she wasn't.  This has been discussed previously within the thread.

DrGreggles

Outside of the McCanns and their friends there were no sightings of Maddie after day 2.
Probably depends on whether you believe them or not.

Cuellar

There is literally a direct line to be drawn from this case to Brexit.

It was a psyop from the start.

Cuellar

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 21, 2019, 12:46:07 AM
The three key places which the cadaver dogs highlighted were...

Behind the sofa, by the curtains.  In the cupboard.  In the trunk of the McCann's hire car.

Sorry for dragging up a first page comment, but wasn't the car hired weeks after she was reported missing?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cuellar on March 26, 2019, 11:25:41 PM
Sorry for dragging up a first page comment, but wasn't the car hired weeks after she was reported missing?

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 21, 2019, 12:46:07 AM
I put a little less credence on the hire car, due to the dates that the McCann's were hiring it...

Cuellar

Uncle TechTip

If she died some days before how did they hide it from the twins. Is the implication that they worked on the disposal together, if so who looked after the twins? Or was it sleepy time again, all in-between the family carrying on normal activities, including eating at the nearby restaurant?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 27, 2019, 12:38:43 AM
If she died some days before how did they hide it from the twins.

How did they hide the disappearance of their older Sister from a couple of two year olds?  Do you remember much from when you were two?

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 27, 2019, 12:38:43 AMIs the implication that they worked on the disposal together, if so who looked after the twins? Or was it sleepy time again, all in-between the family carrying on normal activities, including eating at the nearby restaurant?

Are you forgetting that the McCann's were on holiday with their friends?  I should imagine that they would have taken turns to look after the twins, after Madeleine had been reported as missing.  Even if you believe in the McCann's innocence, that would only make sense (to give Jerry and Kate the space to talk to the police and to aid in the search).

Uncle TechTip

Sorry, I thought you suggested that she died on day 2 and then it's only day 4 or something when they report her missing.

Do you think Jerry turned his ear to the hole and waited for the splosh?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 27, 2019, 01:06:03 AM
Sorry, I thought you suggested that she died on day 2 and then it's only day 4 or something when they report her missing.

I did suggest that.

Replies From View

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 27, 2019, 01:06:03 AM
Do you think Jerry turned his ear to the hole and waited for the splosh?

Doesnae look good for the Corbyns.

Ornlu

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 26, 2019, 04:40:34 PM
haven't seen them in a good while, has anyone checked up on them?

Oh, I'll never forgive the McCanns if they've wiped the twins.

Jockice

I'm going to say something really controversial about this case. I couldn't give a toss. I don't know what happened and I don't particularly care either. There's no actual proof of what happened so people (on both sides I must add) are letting their imaginations run riot. Some see it as a chance to put the boot into some poshos though and I don't think they really want justice or whatever. I don't personally know most of you lot but there are people I know (and like) on Facebook who wouldn't be happy till the McCanns are publicly executed in front of baying crowds. I just find it incredibly strange, like they've decided to focus all their hatred on one subject.

Right. That's it. As you were.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jockice on March 27, 2019, 09:20:09 AM
I'm going to say something really controversial about this case. I couldn't give a toss. I don't know what happened and I don't particularly care either. There's no actual proof of what happened so people (on both sides I must add) are letting their imaginations run riot. Some see it as a chance to put the boot into some poshos though and I don't think they really want justice or whatever. I don't personally know most of you lot but there are people I know (and like) on Facebook who wouldn't be happy till the McCanns are publicly executed in front of baying crowds. I just find it incredibly strange, like they've decided to focus all their hatred on one subject.

Whichever PoV you have on this case, a crime was committed and no one has been held accountable for it due to the lack of a full investigation.
I think that's interesting.

jobotic

I think it was all concocted as a gift to keyboard detectives who know absolutely fucking everything. Yet, ironically, they haven't found out.

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 27, 2019, 09:28:49 AM
Whichever PoV you have on this case, a crime was committed and no one has been held accountable for it due to the lack of a full investigation.
I think that's interesting.

Interesting yes. But some people seem to be genuinely obsessed. Like they are perhaps trying to cover up something in their own lives. Perhaps.

DrGreggles

What's worse though: armchair detectives or armchair psychologists?

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 27, 2019, 10:07:00 AM
What's worse though: armchair detectives or armchair psychologists?

Armchair anarchists.

GMTV

Quote from: jobotic on March 27, 2019, 09:54:36 AM
I think it was all concocted as a gift to keyboard detectives who know absolutely fucking everything. Yet, ironically, they haven't found out.

Alright Gerry pipe down eh

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jockice on March 27, 2019, 10:01:09 AM
Interesting yes. But some people seem to be genuinely obsessed. Like they are perhaps trying to cover up something in their own lives. Perhaps.

There is elements of mob madness, but its rooted in perception that once again people with money and power can trample all over justice and GET A FUCKING WAY WITH MURDERING THEIR OWN CHILD.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2019, 01:36:55 PM
There is elements of mob madness, but its rooted in perception that once again people with money and power can trample all over justice and GET A FUCKING WAY WITH MURDERING THEIR OWN CHILD.

^ that. & the accompanying sense of injustice, when one considers the plight of parents of actual missing kids who aren't being helped to the tune of several hundred thousand quid's worth of scotland yard's finest. you can't sit this one out. even if they're innocent, which they aren't, but even if they were, they've had resources on fucking tap throughout. a normal less-well-connected family would have been the object of suspicion from the get-go, & certainly by now would either be in prison or have been told 'hard luck- next time one of you babysit, ok? now fuck off.'

rasta-spouse

I'm going to say something really controversial about this case. I couldn't give a toss. I don't know what happened and I don't particularly care either. There's no actual proof of what happened so people (on both sides I must add) are letting their imaginations run riot.

That's not controversial, it's just thoughtless.

The fact that this entire documentary has been commissioned at the same time (and probably because) the McCanns lost their libel trial with the lead Portuguese investigator is fascinating. 

It's the case of the century.

St_Eddie

Doing research and arriving at a conclusion based upon objective reasoning = Allowing one's imagination to run riot.

Right, gotcha.  Great insight there, chief.

Rather letting your imagination run riot there, are you not?

phes

That irish guy who formed the CEOP seemed like a properly ahead of the curve, sound thinking dude and then at some point he was all like, na, actually now I've seen how much those kids who were like babies at the time this potential case of negligent manslaughter occured really passionately love their mum and dad so there's no way in my mind they could have done it because raising adoring kids in a loving environment and drugging them and a tragedy occuring are MUTUAL IMPOSSIBILITIES

Replies From View

Like they are perhaps trying to cover up something in their own lives. Perhaps.

*quickly shoves flopping arm back under bed*

Jockice

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 27, 2019, 04:53:13 PM
Doing research and arriving at a conclusion based upon objective reasoning = Allowing one's imagination to run riot.

Right, gotcha.  Great insight there, chief.

Rather letting your imagination run riot there, are you not?

Yes. Yes. And yes. Thanks for letting me take part in this very important debate Eddie.

And as for those who do objective research and arrive at a conclusion that they didn't do it are just wrong I take it? It's worse than Brexit this thing.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Jockice on March 27, 2019, 06:01:27 PM
those who do objective research and arrive at a conclusion that they didn't do it are just wrong I take it?

I THINK they're wrong, yes.
Maybe if there was a full investigation...