Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Netflix Madeleine McCann docco

Started by thugler, March 20, 2019, 10:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankyguy95

Quote from: icehaven on March 22, 2019, 11:11:54 AM
I remember when it first happened there was a lot of, er, 'surprise' at that. I don't know much about the case and haven't watched the doc, but one of my colleagues has so we were discussing it and she said that most of other couples they were having dinner with had also got children they'd left in their chalets or houses or whatever. Is that right? If so, if that's normal at that resort (or was anyway), surely it was only a matter of time until someone looking to kidnap children cottoned on and took advantage. I'm surprised it hadn't happened before tbh. I'm not a parent but I've asked a few people I know who are if they'd have left their kids like that and they all said ''No.'' Perhaps they'd obviously say that in the context of a discussion about Madeline McCann, but still.
I think there was a feeling that because they were in a 'closed-off' resort they were therefore relatively safe. But of course the side of the McCanns apartment led directly onto the street and it wasn't really secure from the public in any real sense.

The resort did supposedly have a sign-up procedure where you could put yourself down for them to check on your children during the evening but they didn't sign up for it, I think because they didn't want staff disturbing their kids or something.

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on March 22, 2019, 03:21:38 PM
All the evidence points towards the parents, but I just don't see how they could have hid her body with the eyes of the world on them 24/7.
Always been my problem with it. Where do they hide her? How do they cover the smell? When and where do they get rid of her? Were there accomplices and how were they persuaded to go along with it?

I'm sure there are theories about how they could do all those things but it doesn't really seem any harder to believe that she was taken.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on March 21, 2019, 11:55:31 PM
Eddie, are you me? Because I share your exact thoughts on this and the MJ documentary.

If you are indeed me, then you have my sympathies.

All the evidence points towards the parents, but I just don't see how they could have hid her body with the eyes of the world on them 24/7. Unless they got rid of it before they reported her missing...

A lot of the evidence suggests that Madeleine may have died on the second night of the holiday, a few days prior to the McCann's reporting her as missing.

Quote from: lankyguy95 on March 22, 2019, 05:25:57 PM
The resort did supposedly have a sign-up procedure where you could put yourself down for them to check on your children during the evening but they didn't sign up for it, I think because they didn't want staff disturbing their kids or something.

Or something.  That something being that they didn't want the staff noticing that Madeleine wasn't there.

St_Eddie

Always been my problem with it. Where do they hide her?

In the cupboard and in Jerry's sport bag.

How do they cover the smell?

She would have been disposed of fairly soon after death.  Most likely the following day/evening.

...where do they get rid of her?

Down one of the hundreds of disused wells within the local area.

Were there accomplices and how were they persuaded to go along with it?

This is a bit of an outlier theory but a phone call was made to one of their friends in high places early into their holiday (the third day I think) and that friend then flew over to the resort from England.  That friend's GPS shows some very strange and suspicious movement within the local area over the course of a day (movement which could be construed with the disposable of a body).  Sorry to be vague but I can't remember the exact details or the friend's name, as it's been quite some time since I last researched the case.

lankyguy95

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 22, 2019, 07:12:34 PM
A lot of the evidence suggests that Madeleine may have died on the second night of the holiday, a few days prior to the McCann's reporting her as missing.
Go on...

St_Eddie

Quote from: lankyguy95 on March 22, 2019, 07:25:06 PM
Go on...

Sorry, mate but you'll have to do the research yourself if you want further details.  The evidence is far too complex for me to summarise here, or to put it another way, I'm lazy.  Seriously though, it would take me hours to source all of the relevant evidence.

Replies From View

All the evidence points towards the parents, but I just don't see how they could have hid her body with the eyes of the world on them 24/7. Unless they got rid of it before they reported her missing, but then how does that explain the scent in the rental car? And why would they court so much media attention when that would increase their chances of getting caught substantially? No scenario makes sense to me.

And if it was a kidnapper/trafficker, why didn't they take the much easier to carry younger sister instead? (or both?)

Of course they wouldn't have got the attention of all the world's media whilst still disposing of the body.  I don't know how that could be considered a realistic possibility when the more obvious alternative isn't unlikely.

They courted so much media attention exactly to create a sense of doubt that they did it, I assume.

Jockice

Quote from: kngen on March 21, 2019, 08:39:33 PM
My mate, who is a medical professional (of sorts, when he's not being forced to taking paid leave for threatening his boss), convinced me of their guilt from the beginning with two interesting observations:

I bumped into an old schoolmate of mine last weekend. He's a doctor now. One of the country's top anaesthetists no less. But I never asked him about Maddie. Sorry.

kalowski

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 22, 2019, 07:28:07 PM
Sorry, mate but you'll have to do the research yourself if you want further details.  The evidence is far too complex for me to summarise here, or to put it another way, I'm lazy.  Seriously though, it would take me hours to source all of the relevant evidence.
That's the standard response of the conspiracy theorist. "I'm not evidencing my statement! Go and find my evidence for me."

thugler

Quote from: kalowski on March 22, 2019, 08:59:26 PM
That's the standard response of the conspiracy theorist. "I'm not evidencing my statement! Go and find my evidence for me."

That theory requires a lot less suspension of disbelief than the story of the ninja child grabber.

St_Eddie

As I previously stated, I've done at least 15 hours of research into this case and you're asking me to deliver 15 hours of research to you.  It's been years since I last researched this case and as such, I would need to re-source everything just for myself, as a refresher course, before I could even lay it out for you.  I have zero interest in devoting hours of my time in the vague hope that I might be able to convince some stranger on an Internet forum of what I already know.  I've already provided the the salient points.  If anyone cares to dig deeper then they can do what I did and research it.  It's unreasonable to expect me to bring the mountain to you.

If you want a summary of evidence, then watch the videos linked to previously within this thread.  If that's not good enough for you; watching a video and instead, you insist that I personally source the information and type it up for you, then quite frankly, you're taking liberties.

It would take me hours to source all of the evidence.  That's a fact.  I've done my research, the evidence is available to all those who are only willing to look.  I know what I'm talking about and I abhor the mindset of your typical conspiracy theorist; people who have to believe in the illogical because they fear the fact that life is chaotic and will jump through mental hoops to believe that man/alien/reptile (delete as appropriate) controls everything and every event.  You'll never find me talking about faked moon landings and the like.  However, though a rarity, sometimes the conspiracy is true and one can only arrive at that conclusion when they've objectively weighed the evidence and looked at both sides of the argument, as I have.

It's interesting to note that in this particular case, the death of Madeleine was most likely a result of the chaotic nature of life (i.e. an accident).  It's not something that a conspiracy theorist would be comfortable with.  Whereas, a planned kidnapping would reaffirm and comfort a conspiracy theorist, as it would be an act of man.  So in a strange way, the people who swallow the McCann's line of bullshit are the conspiracy theorists in this case.  I have no interest in conspiracy theories.  I deal only in facts.  I'm being a realist.  A realist who's done his research.

DrGreggles

Quote from: phantom_power on March 22, 2019, 07:56:58 AM
Everyone is talking like cadaver dogs are 100% reliable when that is very much far from the case

That particular cadaver dog was.
This was the only instance where its findings weren't used in trial as part of a successful prosecution.

Weirdly the dog was retired shortly after its trip to Portugal...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 22, 2019, 11:40:17 PM
That particular cadaver dog was.
This was the only instance where its findings weren't used in trial as part of a successful prosecution.

Weirdly the dog was retired shortly after its trip to Portugal...

Fucker's got his own Daily Mail comic strip now though.

Dead Bassett.

DrGreggles

At least there's some evidence that indicates she died. There's none that suggests she was kidnapped.
Which one is the conspiracy theory?

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 22, 2019, 11:46:28 PM
Fucker's got his own Daily Mail comic strip now though.

Dead Bassett.

The former Sheffield United manager?

AllisonSays

15 hours! Fucking ... less than two days work. Sorted.

St_Eddie

Quote from: AllisonSays on March 23, 2019, 02:07:41 AM
15 hours! Fucking ... less than two days work. Sorted.

Well, I stopped digging when there was no further information to be digested.  Like pies.

kalowski

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 22, 2019, 11:48:38 PM
At least there's some evidence that indicates she died. There's none that suggests she was kidnapped.
Don't misunderstand me, I was just chuckling to myself as St Eddie made claims and then said "go and look at the evidence". I don't necessarily disagree with his interpretation, I just think the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

St_Eddie

Quote from: kalowski on March 23, 2019, 08:05:46 AM
Don't misunderstand me, I was just chuckling to myself as St Eddie made claims and then said "go and look at the evidence". I don't necessarily disagree with his interpretation, I just think the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

It's not my job to convince you.  If I wrote a book on the Madeleine McCann case and charged money for it and you purchased a copy, only to open it, read my theory and then realise that I haven't provided any evidence to back up my claim, then you'd be 100% entitled to lambast me and demand a refund.  However, nobody is paying me to communicate with you.  If you want to wire me £20, then I'll be only too happy to spend a few hours gathering all of the evidence and posting it here for you.

I've already pointed you in the direction of the previously linked videos, should you wish to educate yourself on the wealth of evidence without having to scour the Internet for it, as I did.  I'd greatly appreciate it if you would get this idea out of your head that I'm pulling my theory out of my arse and that there's no evidence to substantiate my claim.  You might have noticed that you're in the minority of posters who are questioning the accidental death theory.  You may have also noticed that you're in the minority of posters who hasn't looked into the case at more than a cursory glance.  Those two observations are intrinsically connected.

If I said that I really enjoyed a comedic film because I found it to be very funny and it was a film which you hadn't seen, would you be so quick as to demand that I type out the entire script, word by word for you, in order to prove that it was indeed funny?  Look, analogies aren't my strong point, okay?  The point is that sometimes to attain enlightenment, you have have put in a little legwork.

kalowski

Calm down, StEd. I'm not questioning anything. You just reminded me of the approach taken by conspiracy theorists.

In fact, I think you're right, but I'm not looking for evidence to back up your claim.
-----------
It reminds me of the famous conversation in 1687:

Newton: The gravitational force between two objects us equal to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

Hooke: Wow! Can you prove that?

Newton: I've been working in this for almost 15 hours. It's not up to me to do it again. The evidence is out there. Why don't you go out and find the evidence yourself.

St_Eddie

Quote from: kalowski on March 23, 2019, 08:38:59 AM
Calm down, StEd.

I am calm.  I explained to you why I wasn't willing to spend hours doing the legwork for the benefit of others, calmly.  It's all zen up in my headspace.  Calm as a clam surrounded by plankton.  Calm-a-chameleon.  Calm-a-police.  Calm.

In fact, I think you're right, but I'm not looking for evidence to back up your claim.

Fair enough.  I really could use that twenty though, so let me know if you change your mind.

It reminds me of the famous conversation in 1687:

Newton: The gravitational force between two objects us equal to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

Newton: I've been working in this for almost 15 hours. It's not up to me to do it again. The evidence is out there. Why don't you go out and find the evidence yourself.

Egads, and I thought that I was bad at analogies!

kalowski

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 23, 2019, 08:52:01 AM
I am calm.  I explained to you why I wasn't willing to spend hours doing the legwork for the benefit of others, calmly.  It's all zen up in my headspace.  Calm as a clam surrounded by plankton.  Calm-a-chameleon.  Calm-a-police.  Calm.

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 23, 2019, 08:52:01 AM
Egads, and I thought that I was bad at analogies!
Maybe we're both bad at them?

St_Eddie

idunnosomename

To be fair that sounds exactly the sort of thing Newton would say

FredNurke

In this case, if memory serves, it was pretty much exactly the other way round: Hooke vaguely asserted that gravitational attraction followed an inverse square law, Newton demonstrated it in detail, and Hooke claimed credit. I have the notion that Newton then denied any knowledge of Hooke's assertion, possibly disingenuously.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: kngen on March 21, 2019, 08:39:33 PM
My mate, who is a medical professional (of sorts, when he's not being forced to taking paid leave for threatening his boss), convinced me of their guilt from the beginning with two interesting observations:

1) Doctors will dose themselves up – and anyone within touching distance - at the drop of a hat, and he'd witnessed more than a few cases of GPs etc being a bit too liberal with their bags of tricks, especially when it's time to get the wee ones to sleep for a long trip/flight etc, but they'd been more fortunate than the McCanns in that no-one actually died.

2) It's not rare for doctors - especially the posh ones - to be fucking obsessed with being the status of purely being a doctor. 'They'd rather die than be struck off. It's their whole reason for existing,' he told me darkly, before buying two pints each for us, and then sloping off to buy some coke at 2 in the afternoon.

It was compelling testimony, I have to admit. What would drive you to cover up the fact that you'd killed your daughter with prescription drugs? Fear of jail or public acrimony? Nah, too abstract. But realising your whole existence, to which you'd dedicated your whole life, with all those 120-hour weeks in some godforsaken inner-city A&E department, was about to be erased - that could motivate you to do something completely irrational like try and dispose of your child's body and blame it on a swarthy George Harrison lookalike.

Also, the cadaver dogs. (Has there been any kind of reasonable rebuttal to that?)

I would add to this that the rapid circling-of-wagons by their friends-in-high-places could be because the same trank was being supplied by the two of them for similar sedative purposes among the entire 'children should be seen & not heard' set. massively illegal, immoral, career- & wealth-threatening if discovered. & that's before we get into the even shadier area of a possible paedo ring involving these same mates.
as a parent of young children myself, I find it astonishing that these health-care professionals would leave such small children unattended without so much as a shift system... half an hour at a time... where one of the grown-ups stays back at the gaff with the kids. selfish fucks.

on top of all that, though, I'm appalled that they're still getting any attention. thousands of kids go missing every year, hundreds vanish into the cities of the UK... where's scotland yard for them?

I'd like to meet the mccanns one day, & fuck them upside the head with a big shovel. fucking twats. just fuck off & die, the pair of you.

unless she really was abducted. longest of long shots. yes, that's the conspiracy theory.

but even then- it's been a long time, & you've actively hindered the investigation while seeking endless publicity for yourselves, & again this has done nothing for the plight of other missing children or their parents. so even if she was abducted, it's your fucking fault, now please fuck off out of our faces with this bullshit.

there. that's how I feel about it.

phantom_power

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 22, 2019, 11:48:38 PM

The one that involves an actual conspiracy

kalowski

Quote from: FredNurke on March 23, 2019, 10:11:10 AM
In this case, if memory serves, it was pretty much exactly the other way round: Hooke vaguely asserted that gravitational attraction followed an inverse square law, Newton demonstrated it in detail, and Hooke claimed credit. I have the notion that Newton then denied any knowledge of Hooke's assertion, possibly disingenuously.
Leibnitz likes this post.

BlodwynPig

Bryan Cocks

Saw the first episode and gave up. It's padded to fuckery and given we know there's no significant developments and the story's been told endlessly, I didn't see any benefit in watching this. It's not terribly well made, either. Netflix docs can be great, but this isn't one.

Replies From View

Can't you watch it for its comedy potential?  Treat it as an ilarious spoof of other such things and hoot yourself into physical disarray with laughter.

Remember the golden rule of child abduction/death:

If the parents are to blame
Then it isn't a shame