Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I hope Chairman Bodog is doing OK

Started by Gregory Torso, March 20, 2019, 11:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

I kind of miss him. I know he was a massive pain in the arse for Neil, and the drugs and death and edgelord overdrive shit was boring. But when he was "on" his posts were great and I always liked reading them.

Bodog if you're out there, I hope you're doing well.

pancreas

Hear, hear, the Torso. Though the banning decision was inevitable, really.

Add to that list New Jack.

And Dr Rock.

touchingcloth

I hope he's jellicking ninnery on a fippling mantaray. That's the kind of thing he used to say, isn't it?

kittens

i always found him irritating and was happy when he was banned but that's very impolite of me to say isn't it.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: kittens on March 20, 2019, 11:42:12 PM
i always found him irritating and was happy when he was banned but that's very impolite of me to say isn't it.

No, it's fine. I like you both and if you disappeared kittens I would make a thread about you, too   x x x

pancreas

There is only one way to test that hypothesis. I'll send Neil a PM and see what it'll cost. £200 usually does the trick.

BlodwynPig

sitting at the vertex of bodog, biggy and bgmnts, I went insane.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He was like Stanley Unwin, but shit.

St_Eddie

I can't say whether I liked him or not because I could never understand a word he was saying.

Is that racist?  That's racist, isn't it?

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 20, 2019, 11:53:43 PM
He was like Stanley Unwin, but shit.

That should be his epitaph.

Pingers

Quote from: pancreas on March 20, 2019, 11:40:23 PM
Hear, hear, the Torso. Though the banning decision was inevitable, really.

And Dr Rock.

This happened? Why on earth?

St_Eddie

I don't think Neil is going to like this thread, by the way.  Isn't there some unwritten rule about not discussing banned members?

Gregory Torso

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 21, 2019, 12:01:49 AM
I don't think Neil is going to like this thread, by the way.  Isn't there some unwritten rule about not discussing banned members?

I don't know about that. I'm only saying hey, hope he's alright, what with the drugs and stuff. No other agenda.

Captain Z

Not even the best banned member in The Beatles.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Pingers on March 21, 2019, 12:01:13 AM
This happened? Why on earth?

New Jack flounced, not a ban I think. Back in pog form now I reckon but up to them to self-out

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 21, 2019, 12:41:30 AM
New Jack flounced, not a ban I think. Back in pog form now I reckon but up to them to self-out

Hey Jude.

remedial_gash

are new jack and bmts dead in a forum sense. Bodog made little sense - but hope he's okay.

Isnt Anything

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 20, 2019, 11:58:58 PM
I can't say whether I liked him or not because I could never understand a word he was saying.

I completely agree with you.  I don't know if it was his own language, or the patois of his "clique" or what.  I mean it sometimes read like poetry but, like some poetry, you needed a glossary of terms and Letts notes to figure out what he was actually on about.

And Dr Rock.

If memory serves Neil lifted Dr Rock's ban and said he would be allowed back after a few weeks, given that Rock acknowledged previous transgressions and came across as genuinely repentant and apologetic about it.  I think someone was supposed to send him a message to say he was allowed back - dunno if that happened, but he may not have wanted to come back after that.

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 21, 2019, 12:01:49 AM

Oh yeah.

All CaBbers #cancelled2019.

touchingcloth

He was like a beat poet who couldn't handle his drugs probably, or one who's read a bit to much Victorian whimsy. I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed* by Jubjubs.

*Calmly

I always enjoyed his posts, super creative drug fuelled language mangling. Thought they added a bit of flavour at least. I don't know why he was banned but sure Neil had good reason.

As Torso said though, hope he's doing alright and his synaptic tubal pulsing is at least oscillating at more reasonable variances.

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 20, 2019, 11:50:49 PM
sitting at the vertex of bodog, biggy and bgmnts, I went insane.

What did I do!?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 09:32:57 AM
What did I do!?

I think it's just cos you share some consonants in your username.  Poor old Blods is an old OLD man now, and if it's too hard he can't understand it.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on March 21, 2019, 08:44:57 AM
I always enjoyed his posts, super creative drug fuelled language mangling. Thought they added a bit of flavour at least. I don't know why he was banned but sure Neil had good reason.

Neil had good reason. Bodog had to go.

Let's also remember doppelkorn and Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, both happy victims of The Pram In The Hall

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on October 14, 2018, 08:27:48 AM

My daughter certainly has become the centre of my life, but it doesn't mean there isn't space for much else, it just means that things have to be adjusted to accommodate. I still do the things I enjoy the most, they're just a little different now and need to be scheduled a bit more carefully. And things which I choose not to do as much any more (posting on here at all times of night and day, going out and getting drunk with work people, constant masturbation) were not the kind of things I should have been doing anyway for a fulfilling life.

As for parenthood, it is wonderful and amazing. Basically, a constant feeling of falling in love. I can't remember ever feeling so fundamentally happy for such a long period.

Flouncer

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on March 21, 2019, 08:44:57 AMI don't know why he was banned but sure Neil had good reason.

I witnessed that particular imbroglio, and he was severely pushing his luck. It's a shame he couldn't help himself because as others have said, he could be quite an interesting poster. I think some people have a tendency to kick against even the most benign sort of authority (I can be like that myself but not to the point where I'd give somebody like Neil a hard time).

bgmnts

Endicott

New Jack wasn't banned, which is what you've just implied by that sandwich. It's a good job I love you.

Anyway I thought he was back, but maybe I'm wrong. I never thanked him for some good tips he gave about Android apps.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 21, 2019, 08:07:59 AM

If memory serves Neil lifted Dr Rock's ban and said he would be allowed back after a few weeks, given that Rock acknowledged previous transgressions and came across as genuinely repentant and apologetic about it.  I think someone was supposed to send him a message to say he was allowed back - dunno if that happened, but he may not have wanted to come back after that

I think you have remembered this wrong. AFAIK Dr Rock would like to come back but is banned and has received no message indicating otherwise, nor was anyone 'supposed to send him a message to say he was allowed back.' This is Neil's forum where we are invited guests/members and he runs it as he thinks best.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 21, 2019, 10:02:43 AM
I think you have remembered this wrong. AFAIK Dr Rock would like to come back but is banned and has received no message indicating otherwise, nor was anyone 'supposed to send him a message to say he was allowed back.' This is Neil's forum where we are invited guests/members and he runs it as he thinks best.

This is where I got that from:
QuoteI would say that logically, yeah, he's proven himself, and is a positive attribute to our little community here. But emotionally I'm still pretty unresolved and pissed off.

So if someone like you, Jockice, could tell him to give me a week or two, that'd be great. Thanks.

Perhaps I misunderstood what Neil was saying.

Anyway, I'm not posting any further in this thread cos, as Eddie said earlier, this discussion probably shouldn't be had.

Janie Jones

Oh! Sorry, SGN and thanks for clarifying. I'm FB friends with Dr Rock and I know he'd like to come back if Neil were happy to lift the ban but currently it remains in place so he can't.

Back on topic, I believe there was at least one person on here in Skype contact with Chairman Bodog, so I hope no news is good news and he is indeed doing ok