Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CBD Oil

Started by chocky909, March 20, 2019, 11:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

Does anyone use it? What does it do compared to normal cannabis? Is it any good? What kind of strengths/percentages does it come in? Can you recommend a supplier?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The Central Business District is oiled with the blood of the proletariat!

Aside from that, I understand it's an effective analgesic and helps you relax.

Bazooka

What's it like for deep frying mackerel?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Exorbitantly expensive, I expect.

I've used it occasionally. Don't expect it to be anything like smoking proper cannabis, it relaxes you in the same way that herbal tea would, although maybe a little stronger. I use it for anxiety and it definitely works to take the edge off.

Trying to figure out strengths and suppliers is a major turnoff for me, most of the information out there seems to be from charlatans and snake oil salesmen. I've used a company called CBD Brothers, who I'm happy enough with, although I don't pretend to have researched it in any great detail.

Brian Freeze

I had been planning on asking very similar questions about it. Mainly for pain relief.

Am I right in thinking Holland and Barrett sell it?

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 21, 2019, 03:45:45 AM
I had been planning on asking very similar questions about it. Mainly for pain relief.

Am I right in thinking Holland and Barrett sell it?

Me too, and yes you are. I walked past one of their window displays the other week and the whole thing was punting various ganja remedies. It does seem quite pricey and I too am bamboozled by the options.
I did read that there's a Guernsey website where you can get a slightly higher THC percentage oil than what's available here.

I watched a video on YouTube where a pretty girl was massaged with it, so I'm all for it. Whatever it is.

Soup Dogg

I've used it and it does provide mild relief from anxiety. Expensive though.

SpiderChrist

My Dad used it to help him get through chemo, my brother uses it for anxiety. Brother tells me that the quality of the stuff sold in H&B is not good, he buys his from LoveHemp - https://www.cbdoilsuk.com/

José

you know that modern super skunk what would melt your grandpa's face off because in his day people were actually smoking bud shaped peices of wood painted green? you know the megaskunk they grew in secret warcrimes labs that would completely atomize anyone over fifty years old if they so much as looked at it?
the unspeakable spaceweed of the modern age that would evolve a caveman into a smooth hairless humanoid with a gigantic cranium who hovers four feet off the ground and speaks telepathically?

not the magazine clippings of pictures of weed your dad smoked mind you. i'm talking about the modern laserweed that'll zap your fingers and toes off leaving little wiggly charred stumps. the four dimensional hyperskunk that could kill your uncle gary dead even if his brain was transplanted into the body of a seven ton african elephant. just so we're clear here, i'm talking about the deadly futureweed send back in time to utterly couchlock john connor and prevent him from defeating skynet.

well it takes the edge off that stuff if you've smoked too much.

chocky909

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on March 21, 2019, 12:05:34 AM
I've used it occasionally. Don't expect it to be anything like smoking proper cannabis, it relaxes you in the same way that herbal tea would, although maybe a little stronger. I use it for anxiety and it definitely works to take the edge off.

Trying to figure out strengths and suppliers is a major turnoff for me, most of the information out there seems to be from charlatans and snake oil salesmen. I've used a company called CBD Brothers, who I'm happy enough with, although I don't pretend to have researched it in any great detail.

That's the bit I struggle with. Don't want to pay top dollar for a shit product and come to the wrong conclusion about the product. I'll check out that site but it looks like you can pay anything from about £10 to £500 depending on strength and strain.

Janie Jones

I paid £19 for 10ml of 3% full spectrum CBD, whatever that means, from a reputable independent supplier. I was hoping it would help with relaxation and insomnia. May as well have set light to a £20 note. Completely useless, no effect whatsoever. Just a fucktonne of greasy empty calories (I was told to put drops under my tongue).  I went back to the shop and said it was a waste of time and money and they tried to convince me to buy the stronger even more expensive stuff. I wonder if maybe I lack the receptors? Is that a thing?

chocky909

Yeah I get the feeling that would be my experience too. I guess if you spend £100s you'd convince yourself it was doing you good.

I'll just stick to weed even though it makes me nervous.

nugget

I also tried it to help with insomnia and it did fuck all. Actually, that's may not be true because I seemed to sleep worse than ever, although that could be coincidental. I have read a few things online that indicated the dosage needs to be extremely high (which would be prohibitively expensive) for it to have any kind of sedating effect, and the small doses people normally take may actually have a stimulating effect. I didn't feel any different after taking it. I tried various dosages and ingestion methods (vaping, oil, water soluble).

I don't doubt that it can be useful for some specific conditions but I strongly suspect a lot of the success stories you read online are either due to a placebo effect or just plain bullshit. I used to subscribe to the CBD subreddit and it was like a religious cult at times.

Ferris

2.5% seems very low as a dose, and it'll feel even lower if there's no THC content in the oil (which I assume is the case).

You need a 2:1 CBD/THC ratio really and at least 8-10% CBD (so 4-5% THC which our government store says is "mild"), and an indica strain if you're using it for sleep. No idea where Holland and Barrett source from, but it seems like they're keeping the good shit for themselves.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 21, 2019, 10:05:19 AM
I watched a video on YouTube where a pretty girl was massaged with it, so I'm all for it. Whatever it is.

You can't just go off that,  I've watched a video of a girl massaged with poo and I wouldn't recommend that.

Janie Jones

Quote from: nugget on March 22, 2019, 02:54:14 PM
I also tried it to help with insomnia and it did fuck all. Actually, that's may not be true because I seemed to sleep worse than ever, although that could be coincidental. I have read a few things online that indicated the dosage needs to be extremely high (which would be prohibitively expensive) for it to have any kind of sedating effect, and the small doses people normally take may actually have a stimulating effect.
Aha, thanks for this, this is almost certainly what I experienced. Back to good old Big Pharma zopiclone for me, then.

Pranet

I gave it a go for anxiety and didn't notice it doing anything. Possible I didn't get the right stuff but as others have said it is expensive so I have not experimented any further.

Bence Fekete

Almost identical experience to everyone else.  It's all insanely overpriced for what it is.  And if you've ever enjoyed proper, back-in-the-day, THC cannabis it will just make you crave the full specturm. 

That said, if you tend towards hating proper, back-in-the-day cannabis, and have a high disposable income it might just tickle your feathers.  Softly. 

Still...Holland AND Barrett eh?  THE SINGULARITY IS NEARER

I love CBD. It helps my anxiety and helps me focus on work.

It also doesn't make me want to smoke weed. If anything it actually does the opposite.

It is fucking expensive. If you wanted to stay continuously medicated with CBD, it's going to cost roughly the same as staying constantly stoned on actual weed.

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 21, 2019, 09:30:19 PM
I paid £19 for 10ml of 3% full spectrum CBD

Basically worthless, you really need the 10% stuff to get the full effect, which will run you about £65 for 10ml - about 10 days worth for me. Yes, stupidly expensive.

If anyone wants to try it on a budget, I'd advise vaping it instead - with CBD infused e-juice. Unlike the sublingual oil, the cheap CBD vape oil isn't just a complete waste of money. The effect is muted though, but at least it works somewhat.

Malcy

Quote from: José on March 21, 2019, 10:30:14 AM
you know that modern super skunk what would melt your grandpa's face off because in his day people were actually smoking bud shaped peices of wood painted green? you know the megaskunk they grew in secret warcrimes labs that would completely atomize anyone over fifty years old if they so much as looked at it?
the unspeakable spaceweed of the modern age that would evolve a caveman into a smooth hairless humanoid with a gigantic cranium who hovers four feet off the ground and speaks telepathically?

not the magazine clippings of pictures of weed your dad smoked mind you. i'm talking about the modern laserweed that'll zap your fingers and toes off leaving little wiggly charred stumps. the four dimensional hyperskunk that could kill your uncle gary dead even if his brain was transplanted into the body of a seven ton african elephant. just so we're clear here, i'm talking about the deadly futureweed send back in time to utterly couchlock john connor and prevent him from defeating skynet.

well it takes the edge off that stuff if you've smoked too much.

I'll take a quarter of what you're smoking. Enjoyed that.

I tried it once and it tasted rank and was expensive as fuck. Id rather just smoke a spliff and eat a fry up cooked in hemp oil.

gib

Quote from: ComedyUnitInsider on March 23, 2019, 12:17:27 AMIf anyone wants to try it on a budget, I'd advise vaping it instead - with CBD infused e-juice. Unlike the sublingual oil, the cheap CBD vape oil isn't just a complete waste of money. The effect is muted though, but at least it works somewhat.

Mate brought some of the liquid round yesterday and i filled up one of my vape pens. Too early to tell if it's doing anything but it does make for a really smooth vape.

oooft

Quote from: chocky909 on March 20, 2019, 11:47:46 PM
Does anyone use it? What does it do compared to normal cannabis? Is it any good? What kind of strengths/percentages does it come in? Can you recommend a supplier?

There's actually very little to no difference between CBD and THC - apart from of course the obvious high THC consumption induces. They both tackle pain, anxiety, depression, seizures etc in the same way. CBD oil is much more expensive than ordinary Cannabis because of the extraction process and high taxes slapped on the businesses doing it. If you don't like getting wasted then I'd suggest, like Malcy said to just get yourself some low grade Hash or Bud you can get about 28g's for about £60-80 and learn to do a bit of cooking with it or smoke it - whatever's yer pleasure. If you're still want to go down the CBD only road though beware of snake oil salesmen who grow Hemp and because it contains very little THC claim it's high in CBD (mostly untrue) lots of rip-off merchants out there.

As for suppliers, places like Instagram have a good few businesses that will come up in a simple search but do your research on them before ordering - And keep in mind low grade normal cannabis is just as good, if not better for the symptoms CBD is extracted for.

Malcy

Quote from: oooft on March 24, 2019, 06:15:57 PM
you can get about 28g's for about £60-80

Where the fuck you getting an ounce for £60-80?!?!

José

Quote from: gib on March 24, 2019, 10:38:06 AM
Mate brought some of the liquid round yesterday and i filled up one of my vape pens. Too early to tell if it's doing anything but it does make for a really smooth vape.

i tried a 2:1 cbd/thc vape juice and it reminded me of smoking shake but a thousand times smoother obv.

gib

Quote from: José on March 24, 2019, 07:55:38 PM
i tried a 2:1 cbd/thc vape juice and it reminded me of smoking shake but a thousand times smoother obv.

I have got a cartridge that's high thc and low cbd as it goes, but the vapour is so strong it makes me sneeze and then cough.

oooft

Quote from: Malcy on March 24, 2019, 07:51:41 PM
Where the fuck you getting an ounce for £60-80?!?!

Going rate round here for Scorpion stamp hash and the like.. or Chinky/Vietnam weed "low grade".

Course £200 odd for Stardawg, Creeping up to £300 + for your Gelatos and other Cali's.. depends what you want to buy.

Malcy

Quote from: oooft on March 24, 2019, 08:16:16 PM
Going rate round here for Scorpion stamp hash and the like.. or Chinky/Vietnam weed "low grade".

Course £200 odd for Stardawg, Creeping up to £300 + for your Gelatos and other Cali's.. depends what you want to buy.

All I can get is the usual "you'll love this it's 'insert name here' and really good". Then you get it and it's probably sprayed/stinking of cats piss and almost £300.

ZoyzaSorris

I think its good stuff but i have a very tense and inflamed system and used to have epilepsy (and think i still suffer from some minor form) so im probably key demographic that would benefit. Its all about vaping it, much more bioavailable. You want the pure CBD isolate I reckon. I got mine from Hemp Botanics, https://www.hempbotanics.com/collections/oral-drops-and-sprays/products/cbdistillery-99-pure-cbd-isolate-slab, £30 for a gram of 99+% pure CBD from CBD distillery in the US, pretty reasonable really as that should last a little while if vaped. I vape it pure in a vapor genie. The effect is quite strong and definitely not placebo. Complete relaxation of all muscles, like having an instant masssage. And sleeping like a log, if done before bed. Basically where most people are going wrong is going way too weak and taking it via a poorly bioavailable route, weakening it further. Im not generally a weed smoker but it does mix very well with it, completely nullifying any paranoid headfuck stuff.