Author Topic: Internet Dating [split topic]  (Read 15577 times)

Re: Internet Dating [split topic]
« Reply #360 on: September 16, 2019, 12:45:16 PM »
The entire set up is full of profiles that no one in their right mind would message though. There's the potato-quality crew, those listing all the reasons they hate men, those that can't write anything imaginative/engaging, some that just can't be fucked with writing anything substantial...

Then on top of that, these profiles will get tonnes of messages - many of them saying little more than 'hi lol' and some of them containing dick shots. And whether they have crafted a decent profile or not, the dick pics will form an avalanche that crowd out the decent blokes.

Plus, I tend to employ a fairly high risk strategy of sending messages designed to amuse me as much as generate replies. So if you send something like "Hi xxxx, hypothetically -  you are producing a TV show about the West Midlands dogging scene. Nick Knowles is signed up and willing to go undercover. Who else would you like to approach?" If they reply "The bloke who played Harold on Neighbours" then you've got a good un. Otherwise at best you're likely to get nothing or "omg why would u ask that".

« Reply #361 on: September 16, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
I once messaged a bus driver. I asked her what she would do if a bomb was placed on her bus and she couldn't go below 50 mph?
She had never seen 'Speed' and thought that I was planning to bomb her bus.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #362 on: September 16, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »
But you wouldn't message these people would you?

I tried to enter into internet dating as non judgementally as possible. I responded to 'hi lol' messages from a lot of these people and each and every one was a stream of one-word answers, lols and negativity. To steal someone else's expression: Absolute potato-quality human beings.
I always assumed those people were bots, or data-thieves, or something.

Better Midlands

• I'm not internationally known
« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2019, 01:46:46 PM »
I tend to employ a fairly high risk strategy of sending messages designed to amuse me as much as generate replies. So if you send something like "Hi xxxx, hypothetically -  you are producing a TV show about the West Midlands dogging scene. Nick Knowles is signed up and willing to go undercover. Who else would you like to approach?" If they reply "The bloke who played Harold on Neighbours" then you've got a good un. Otherwise at best you're likely to get nothing or "omg why would u ask that".

I follow the same strategy to find the gold, I wouldn't say that it was high risk - it just saves you a lot of time and also gets a conversation going immediately as you can both expand on the topic.

phes

• operating as a shape
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »
I always assumed those people were bots, or data-thieves, or something.

It's pretty easy to tell the fakes from the genuine idiots. But these bots could not hold a candle to the deso thread

Tempted to trial a Legend Gary profile, but as my ma always said, don't ask the question if you're not prepared to live with the answer
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 02:15:09 PM by phes »

Tags: