Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fried bread egg sandwich.

Started by bgmnts, March 21, 2019, 11:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Has anyone ever attempted this? The thought just popped in my head and god I want one.

I could probably only eat one a decade but it'd be amazing. It has probably been tried up in the north of England or in Scotland or Northern Ireland right?

Can someone make one and let me know if it's as beautiful as I just imagined it to be?

king_tubby

So, fried bread with a fried egg in it? DO IT.

Of course, in this situation I would just make egg bread.

rasta-spouse

I've tried a mozzarella sandwich, dipped in egg, then fried. So it's a sort of french toast cheese number.

Alberon

I've had fried bread with a fried egg on it and it is bloody gorgeous.

bgmnts

Quote from: king_tubby on March 21, 2019, 11:42:28 AM
So, fried bread with a fried egg in it? DO IT.

Of course, in this situation I would just make egg bread.

Well i'm thinking two slices of fried bread, with an egg in it. A la a sandwich.

You'd get absurdly greasy fingers but it must be worth it.

Jittlebags

I think it might be better with a very fookin runny poachie in it. Think fried egg might be too rubbery for what I think you are trying to acomplish here. With a generous twist of freshly ground pepper.

bgmnts

Aye poachy sounds sounds better actually just thinking in terms of pure fatty, naughty grease.

shiftwork2

Sometimes order this in the hospital canteen.  Assemble at table to avoid any embarrassment.   It's a cavalcade of grease mate but stops just short of a dystopian breakfast.  Interestingly, and you've started reading this sentence so you're going to have to finish whether I come up with the goods or not, my dining partner also puts a hash brown in it.

Alberon

If you get the yolk just half runny half solid that's the best.

bgmnts

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 21, 2019, 11:48:46 AM
Sometimes order this in the hospital canteen.  Assemble at table to avoid any embarrassment.   It's a cavalcade of grease mate but stops just short of a dystopian breakfast.  Interestingly, and you've started reading this sentence so you're going to have to finish whether I come up with the goods or not, my dining partner also puts a hash brown in it.

A fried bread egg sarnie with a hash brown in it as well?

FUCK

Dex Sawash

I like to put some shredded parmesan in the pan and gently render the fat from it, then drop the bread slice on that and then turn up the heat. Maybe a touch more butter added. Parmesan is great with egg.

Jittlebags

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 11:53:13 AM
A fried bread egg sarnie with a hash brown in it as well?

FUCK

An maybe a slice of Lorne sausage?

bgmnts

^^ why not. Let's call it The Coronary.

I must say lads its great to see this at full steam. My other food ideas are never as successfully agreed upon, i.e a Sunday dinner pie.

Bazooka

Eggs are for losers mate, wait until it becomes a Chicken.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 21, 2019, 11:48:46 AM

NHS MONEY SPENT ON PROMOTING HEART ATTACKS SO DOCTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO. FUCKING GRAVY TRAIN.

Actually, I bet that's what you do all day, isn't it? Riding around the hospital on a little Noddy Train supping on mugs of hot gravy, tossing out hash browns to the patients. "There you go, mate, have some of that, mate. A little bit of what you fancy does you good, mate. What's that, mate? Heart bypass, mate? Nil by mouth, mate? PC gone mad, mate. Foreign doctors coming over here, telling you what you're allowed to do in your own country, mate. Not standing for it, mate. D'you reckon Churchill asked Hitler before he had a bit of Vienetta for pudding, mate? Did he fuck, mate. Here, wash it down with a hot, steaming mug of dripping, mate. God fucking bless you." And off you trundle again. Next stop, dishing out buckets of fried chicken to the paediatrics. Choo-choo.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Bazooka on March 21, 2019, 12:02:20 PM
Eggs are for losers mate, wait until it becomes a Chicken.

Chickens are the egg's way of making more eggs.

PlanktonSideburns

What an image.

Will get it on when I get home and report back

Sebastian Cobb

I sometimes did a bacon and egg sandwich with a slice of fried bread between the bacon and egg.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 21, 2019, 12:03:24 PM
NHS MONEY SPENT ON PROMOTING HEART ATTACKS

Fair.  There's been next to no change in NHS breakfast catering in the 20 years I've been acquainted with it.  Granola?  Nah we've fried some items fill yer boots go on

madhair60

Mate I've eaten nothing today and I'll eat nothing tomorrow, fuck you for making this thread.

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on March 21, 2019, 03:50:16 PM
Mate I've eaten nothing today and I'll eat nothing tomorrow, fuck you for making this thread.

Fasting?

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 03:53:44 PM
Fasting?

- No fucking money
- No fucking food

Paid Saturday so be alright. I'm sorry I said fuck you it's a good thread. It's a good idea.

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on March 21, 2019, 03:55:59 PM
- No fucking money
- No fucking food

Paid Saturday so be alright. I'm sorry I said fuck you it's a good thread. It's a good idea.

I'll send you enough money for two slices of bread, an egg and a pack of hash browns if you like.

Also my threads, like my ideas, are notoriously (narcissim) shit so no worries.

tookish

Quote from: madhair60 on March 21, 2019, 03:55:59 PM
- No fucking money
- No fucking food

What's your PayPal? I'll send you a bit, can't have you starving.

bgmnts

Can I have some money too, tookish? I haven't eaten since lunchtime!

Seriously though madhair eat.

buzby

My dad used to make these when we were kids, called a Popeye. Two slices of bread, one with a 2 inch square cut in the middle. Fry one side of each slice to golden brown and then stack with the fried sides together with the one with the hole on the top. Crack your egg into the hole  - the white will spread between the slices and the yolk stays in the hole. Splash the fat onto the top slice to help set the egg, and then flip the sandwich to cook he side with the hole. Fry the cut out square to serve alongside the Popeye to dip in the yolk.

(It's no wonder I ended up 17 stone)

Snake Plissken

Been munching on banana sandwiches recently. Until the bunch runs out. Taste really good.

P.S. Call me Snake.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 11:58:57 AM
^^ why not. Let's call it The Coronary.

I must say lads its great to see this at full steam. My other food ideas are never as successfully agreed upon, i.e a Sunday dinner pie.

I'm pretty sure that we've got a recipe in a book for a sunday dinner pie. Not made it yet.

If it's a fried bread egg butty I was making, I'd be looking to do it with brown bread in a chip pan with a chip pan egg on top. It's not likely to happen as we don't have a chip pan but it's still a good idea.

While eggs, bread and butties are being discussed this is the perfect place to mention a workmates recommended butty. Bacon and cheese layered between three slices of eggy bread. It's as good as it sounds. I improvised pouring a tin of beans on top to turn it into a proper meal and not just a snack.