Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fried bread egg sandwich.

Started by bgmnts, March 21, 2019, 11:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 21, 2019, 06:42:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that we've got a recipe in a book for a sunday dinner pie. Not made it yet.

Behave! Really? Try and whip that out if you can.

I basically want an entire Sunday dinner - sans meat obviously - encased in a lovely pastry pie. Everyone i've told that to has scoffed.

The eggy bread does indeed sound lush to be fair.

Pingers

The pie thing seems perfectly reasonable. I've had sweet potato in a pie before so I don't see why you can't have roast potatoes, stuffing, red cabbage, port and onion gravy and some other vegetable in a pie.

Sebastian Cobb

People might be aware of the old 'pie in a roll' but I upgraded that by putting a chicken pie in a bacon roll.

Pingers

Once you learn that in Edinburgh they eat macaroni pie (not mac 'n fucking pie, you'll note), everything else seems completely reasonable.

king_tubby

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 07:33:34 PM
I basically want an entire Sunday dinner - sans meat obviously - encased in a lovely pastry pie. Everyone i've told that to has scoffed.

How does an entire Sunday dinner in a massive Yorkshire pudding sound?

Twed

"Flomp" if you drop it, "squesh" if you throw it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twed on March 21, 2019, 08:07:47 PM
"Flomp" if you drop it, "squesh" if you throw it.

Doing either of those things to a Yorkshire pudding should be considered a mild form of treason.

bgmnts

Quote from: king_tubby on March 21, 2019, 07:59:58 PM
How does an entire Sunday dinner in a massive Yorkshire pudding sound?

That was my other idea but yorkshires get soggy quite fast. I feel the weight of an entire dinner would wreck it. I never get it in Toby.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 08:18:46 PM
That was my other idea but yorkshires get soggy quite fast. I feel the weight of an entire dinner would wreck it. I never get it in Toby.

I BET YOU DON'T

bgmnts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 21, 2019, 08:23:07 PM
I BET YOU DON'T

If I were thin enough and had the metabolism, i'd eat at Toby every day. Don't want to portray myself as anti-glutton or owt.

PlanktonSideburns

Didn't do the fried egg sandwich,  couldn't fathom it after a soul crushing day at work

Cracked an egg into a crumpet, fried that instead

Brian Freeze

Sorry bgmnts, I remembered wrong. The pie was a roast chicken dinner pie and probably fine but if you follow the recipe and just take the chicken out then it's a roast vegetable pie.
I'd definitely go for a proper Sunday dinner in a pie. Mash and Yorkshire baked inside.