Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:08:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Piers Morgan - Transphobe

Started by Satchmo Distel, March 21, 2019, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

hummingofevil

Remember in the good old days before everyone really knew who he was an he was the editor of the biggest left wing newspaper in the county. makes you think...

BlodwynPig

Once met Piers Morgan at a charity event, but the security guards hauled me away before i could pie him

momatt

If you want a heart-warming vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on Piers Morgan's testicles - forever.

phantom_power

If you ever want cheering up just watch his appearance on HIGNFY where he acts like a prize cunt and almost seems to realise it

touchingcloth

Quote from: phantom_power on March 21, 2019, 07:10:29 PM
If you ever want cheering up just watch his appearance on HIGNFY where he acts like a prize cunt and almost seems to realise it

Is the the one that goes - according to my memory - exactly like this:

Morgan (apropos of nothing): Is the answer Jam?
Deayton: ....N...erm...no?
Morgan (flustered): Ah. Hoho. Eddie Izzard said that last week and it got a big laugh!
Hislop: Yes, but people like him.
Morgan (ineffectually attempting to give an air of sneering righteous indignation): Don't even start, Hislop. No one likes you. *turns to audience* Does anyone actually like him?
Audience (as one): Yep.

Sebastian Cobb

The only time I've seen Morgan not act like a complete dick was when he was interviewing Akala about knife crime. Akala schools him and for once he doesn't try and talk over him. He tries to get soundbite quotes in but Akala runs runs around that as well.

https://youtu.be/QvS78MlAXAQ

Twed

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 21, 2019, 07:32:11 PM

Morgan (flustered): Ah. Hoho. Eddie Izzard said that last week and it got a big laugh!
Morgan (ineffectually attempting to give an air of sneering righteous indignation): Don't even start, Hislop. No one likes you. *turns to audience* Does anyone actually like him?
That was incredible, wasn't it? Do you think he really thought that repeating a joke would ingratiate him with the audience or was he just using it as a way to attack Izzard's lolrandom on an incredibly misjudged platform?

Barry Admin

Can we stop calling people in the media paedophiles please? Even as a joke, it's just not worth it.

machotrouts

Mum got a haircut yesterday and says her hairdresser proselytised about Piers Morgan the whole way through. "He just says what we're all thinking... every single day!" was apparently the specific phrase she kept using. She also had a go at schools teaching children "how to be transsexual" because her 8-year-old son came home from school saying his teachers had told him his "willy was going to fall off", which definitely happened.

It wasn't a bad cut, except morally.

"I won't be going back", mum says. "Shame, because she's got good skills. [long sigh, shakes head] Waste."

bgmnts

Quote from: machotrouts on March 21, 2019, 08:18:59 PM
"willy was going to fall off

Fiver says he keeps playing with it and teacher told him that to discourage it.

Probably because daft mum is too busy watching good morning Britain to notice and cut it out.

Sebastian Cobb

In my day they said if you unscrewed your belly button your arse would fall off.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Twed on March 21, 2019, 07:55:52 PM
That was incredible, wasn't it? Do you think he really thought that repeating a joke would ingratiate him with the audience or was he just using it as a way to attack Izzard's lolrandom on an incredibly misjudged platform?

Just gobsmacking - I can remember it quite clearly even though it's multiple years since I last saw it. It takes a special kind of dipshit to think that copypastaing someone else's whimsy as a non comedian on a panel show would ever elicit more than an eye roll at the absolute best, and to think that Hislop's audience would turn on him when they're, well, his audience.

Sebastian Cobb

Just look at the odious cunts face, he thinks he's brilliant.

Tbf I've not actually met anyone who likes Morgan (unlike Clarkson - who idiots like). I find his success baffling. The home office should've revoked his citizenship when he was doing well in the US, same for Corden.

touchingcloth

A tangent of sorts just because I don't want to think about Morgan any more, but what's the binary that nonbinary is contrasted with? I always assume it's a view of Barbie as the archetype of femininity and Action Man of masculinity, neither of which describe me yet I wouldn't use the label nonbinary for myself. A male man with male sex chromosomes who is suspicious of the entire concept of gender is what I'd say I am, though it's admittedly less pithy.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 21, 2019, 08:44:04 PM
Tbf I've not actually met anyone who likes Morgan (unlike Clarkson - who idiots like). I find his success baffling. The home office should've revoked his citizenship when he was doing well in the US, same for Corden.

Same. I find it bizarre that he presents a daily breakfast TV show. Who the fuck wants Piers Morgan when they've just woken up? I can only assume it's something people have on in the background rather than actually watch because if they did they'd surely wonder why this prick is in constant employment by ITV.

Clarkson has the "He's saying what we're all thinking!" persona that all shock jocks have. Morgan just seems to be a complete 24/7 cunt with no redeeming features that anyone can identify.

The Americans got it bang on when they completely rejected him.

Sebastian Cobb

I guess it means you don't conform to any norms or something.

Somewhat related I noted that they immediately described someone as 'nonbinary' and immediately used the pronoun 'he', which seems a bit rum. Even from a basic English perspective 'they' would be more fitting, surely?

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on March 21, 2019, 08:48:34 PM
Same. I find it bizarre that he presents a daily breakfast TV show. Who the fuck wants Piers Morgan when they've just woken up? I can only assume it's something people have on in the background rather than actually watch because if they did they'd surely wonder why this prick is in constant employment by ITV.

Clarkson has the "He's saying what we're all thinking!" persona that all shock jocks have. Morgan just seems to be a complete 24/7 cunt with no redeeming features that anyone can identify.

Didn't he used to date Marina Hyde? I like her, but I do wonder what the attraction ever was.

phantom_power

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 21, 2019, 07:32:11 PM

That's the bunny. When he gets owned like that, as the kids say these days, it almost seems like he gets it. Like he thinking "jesus, I really am a prick". Just for a second. For a moment there is life behind the eyes as his sweaty face droops in defeat. Then it is gone and the defences go up and he is back to being a prong again

Thomas

It speaks of a mental-cultural wasteland that the first thought I had in relation to this Sam Smith thing was 'I bet Piers Morgan is angry about this'.

Still, I do admire of Morgan that he never hacked a phone nor 'to [his] knowledge published any story obtained from the hacking of a phone'.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Thomas on March 21, 2019, 11:33:33 PM
Still, I do admire of Morgan that he never hacked a phone nor 'to [his] knowledge published any story obtained from the hacking of a phone'.

A bit strong to say that not phone hacking is an admirable trait though when he's still the biggest cunt going. A cunt working in a house of cunts.

A MEGAcunt.

marquis_de_sad

There's a great moment in the Leveson Inquiry when Robert Jay QC asked Steve Coogan about the time he was interviewed by Piers Morgan for GQ.

Jay: This was an interview which took place in what Mr Morgan describes as an excruciatingly trendy club in Soho.

Coogan: Yes. He chose the venue.

https://youtu.be/3xlBr_3vWu4?t=79

jamiefairlie

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 21, 2019, 08:45:28 PM
A tangent of sorts just because I don't want to think about Morgan any more, but what's the binary that nonbinary is contrasted with? I always assume it's a view of Barbie as the archetype of femininity and Action Man of masculinity, neither of which describe me yet I wouldn't use the label nonbinary for myself. A male man with male sex chromosomes who is suspicious of the entire concept of gender is what I'd say I am, though it's admittedly less pithy.

Nah, you're just a man that realizes that men can act in any way they want, wear whatever they want, shag whatever they want and still be a man, because biology and lifestyle are not linked.

The trouble with Morgan is not that he's an odious cunt, it's that he represents the views of a very large group of people. If it wasn't him, it would be another cockroach spouting the same shite.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 21, 2019, 08:00:44 PM
Can we stop calling people in the media paedophiles please? Even as a joke, it's just not worth it.

Sorry mate, that was pretty thoughtless of me.

king_tubby

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 21, 2019, 08:50:57 PM
Didn't he used to date Marina Hyde? I like her, but I do wonder what the attraction ever was.

A cynic would say that he was the editor of a national newspaper and she was a trainee journalist, but I doubt that the daughter of Sir Alastair Edgcumbe James Dudley-Williams, Marina Elizabeth Catherine Dudley-Williams, Downe House School and Christ Church, Oxford, would have faced too many obstacles in her way to writing snarky articles in the Guardian, so there must have been some attraction there.

ToneLa

This should have been a Jameela Jamil appreciation thread

Jumblegraws

Quote from: imitationleather on March 21, 2019, 08:48:34 PM

He's benefitted from not actually having much of a profile by the turn of the millenium outside of Private Eye readers/HIGNFY watchers. When C4 did the 100 Worst Britons in 2003, he wasn't on the list. That would seem unthinkable today.

Contrary to what Steve Fleming would have you believe, Morgan really has managed to cultivate a "love to hate" persona amongst people who only know him from Britain's Got Talent onwards. Sadly that's subsumed his slimy and snivelling hack-in-chief reputation of yesteryear.

phantom_power

Quote from: ToneLa on March 22, 2019, 08:55:53 AM
This should have been a Jameela Jamil appreciation thread

She is fierce and I like her a lot. She has come a long way from T4 anyway. I like how she is willing to listen and learn when she gets criticism on Twitter, though sometimes I want her to tell the over-woke nitpicking cunts to fuck off. She is very good in The Good Place as well

ToneLa

Quote from: phantom_power on March 22, 2019, 09:29:15 AM
She is fierce and I like her a lot. She has come a long way from T4 anyway. I like how she is willing to listen and learn when she gets criticism on Twitter, though sometimes I want her to tell the over-woke nitpicking cunts to fuck off. She is very good in The Good Place as well

See!!

I too think she is a boss person backing the right causes with a rare conviction but also a sympathetic ear when required. Morally, aesthetically and culturally, she isn't even the same species as Piers Moron. He is just yet another arsewipe she's flushed on that Twitter :)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on March 22, 2019, 08:50:43 AM
A cynic would say that he was the editor of a national newspaper and she was a trainee journalist, but I doubt that the daughter of Sir Alastair Edgcumbe James Dudley-Williams, Marina Elizabeth Catherine Dudley-Williams, Downe House School and Christ Church, Oxford, would have faced too many obstacles in her way to writing snarky articles in the Guardian, so there must have been some attraction there.

Or perhaps beak. Lots of beak.