Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:59:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Piers Morgan - Transphobe

Started by Satchmo Distel, March 21, 2019, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Excellent point, hadn't thought of that.

Thomas

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 22, 2019, 03:41:29 AM
A bit strong to say that not phone hacking is an admirable trait though when he's still the biggest cunt going. A cunt working in a house of cunts.

A MEGAcunt.

For reasons relating to defamation law, I can neither confirm nor deny the sincerity of my expressed admiration.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Thomas on March 22, 2019, 01:56:01 PM
For reasons relating to defamation law, I can neither confirm nor deny the sincerity of my expressed admiration.

Right that's it, i'm gonna hack into your thoughts mate

tookish

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 21, 2019, 08:45:28 PM
A tangent of sorts just because I don't want to think about Morgan any more, but what's the binary that nonbinary is contrasted with? I always assume it's a view of Barbie as the archetype of femininity and Action Man of masculinity, neither of which describe me yet I wouldn't use the label nonbinary for myself. A male man with male sex chromosomes who is suspicious of the entire concept of gender is what I'd say I am, though it's admittedly less pithy.

Non-binary isn't about looking at hyperfemininity and hypermasculinity and finding a point squarely in the middle; it's about identifying as neither a man nor a woman, but as something different and distinct. I know very traditionally masculine/feminine non-binary people, I know people who are neither, it really is down to the individual.

There's an expectation that a trans woman, for example, will transition from Action Man to Barbie and that all trans people have these ancient ideas of gender presentation they want to conform to, but it's not like that at all.

Anyway, whatever your thoughts on gender identity I'm glad we can all agree that Morgan is a cunt and a transphobe.

My concern is how all the anti-trans rhetoric in the media (Morgan being a big factor) is beginning to impact on the lives we lead as trans people. In my personal life I've noticed a huge step up in the anti-trans abuse I get, and I'm not even in the most at-risk demographic (that being gender-non-conforming men, and trans women, especially those who aren't white.)

McFlymo

Quote from: tookish on March 23, 2019, 07:17:15 PM
My concern is how all the anti-trans rhetoric in the media (Morgan being a big factor) is beginning to impact on the lives we lead as trans people. In my personal life I've noticed a huge step up in the anti-trans abuse I get, and I'm not even in the most at-risk demographic (that being gender-non-conforming men, and trans women, especially those who aren't white.)

It's horrible. So freedom of speech permits vile cunts like Morgan to spew their pointlessly intolerant shit, but when that is effectively hate speech and endangering vulnerable people, isn't there an argument to be made for restricting this?

What I'm saying is, can't we just go through the proper legal process and have Morgan publicly executed, you know like in the good old days? 

VaginaSimpson

Piers is a provocateur who hams it up for ratings. I do not for one second think that he believes these things. He likes winding people up and aping the probable views of the people watching to make headlines. Now that still definitely makes him a cunt because instead of challenging his audience he's pandering to them and making people's daily lives difficult in the process. So yes a cunt for different reasons.

Mister Six

Quote from: VaginaSimpson on March 23, 2019, 08:36:46 PM
Piers is a provocateur who hams it up for ratings. I do not for one second think that he believes these things. He likes winding people up and aping the probable views of the people watching to make headlines. Now that still definitely makes him a cunt because instead of challenging his audience he's pandering to them and making people's daily lives difficult in the process. So yes a cunt for different reasons.

A worse cunt, I'd say.

idunnosomename

Piers Morgan is essentially the pus-filled wart that refuses to burst

McFlymo

Quote from: Mister Six on March 23, 2019, 08:40:05 PM
A worse cunt, I'd say.

Me too. That's even more disgusting than actually just expressing the stupid, wrong views that you actually believe.

momatt

Can we make Scott Walker come back alive and kill Piers Morgan in his place please?
Thanks in advance.  x