Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Petition to revoke Article 50 [split topic]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 21, 2019, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Nearly 700,000 have signed the Revoke Article 50 petition.

Cuellar

NoSleep

They're holding up sending the confirmation email (usually instantaneous). It's around 721,000 now.

biggytitbo

Amusingly May's statement last night appears to have alienated several MPs from both sides who were wavering anf considering supporting her deal, so that's another gamble thats failed.

Neither May or the EU are actually going to allow a no deal but the question now is how far they are going to take it to the wire in pretending they will, in order to strongarm MPs into supporting it. Hollow man Macron and clown Verhofstadt are taking leading roles in that particular pantomime.

Also, 700,000 disgruntled remainers signing *another* petition having a whinge that they lost the referendum is literally totally and utterly meaningless.

NoSleep

Quote from: NoSleep on March 21, 2019, 11:08:22 AM
They're holding up sending the confirmation email (usually instantaneous). It's around 721,000 now.

Received the confirmation email but the link sends me to a 502 Bad Gateway message, the cunts. Retrying...

ToneLa

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 21, 2019, 10:57:59 AM
Nearly 700,000 have signed the Revoke Article 50 petition.

Beeb say demand crashed it

QuoteA petition calling on Theresa May to cancel Brexit by revoking Article 50 has attracted more than half a million signatures.

Parliament's petitions website crashed on Thursday morning because of the high volume of traffic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47652071

I huvnae even signed it yet! These are good as they're democratic.

Actual link https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 11:11:34 AM
Also, 700,000 disgruntled remainers signing *another* petition having a whinge that they lost the referendum is literally totally and utterly meaningless.

It's the will of the people

jobotic

Remainers are meaningless. Who cares about them? Non-people. We've already been through this.

Talulah, really!

'Leavers! Thousands of 'em'

ToneLa

Ooh, having second thoughts aboot signing it now.

Don't want to be seen as a whinger!

Alberon

May will ignore it, even if it tops 20 million, but it might help if May's deal comes back and is defeated again in a push for a 2nd referendum.

It's almost at the 750K mark now but it might have crashed again.

bgmnts

But the will of the people.

ToneLa

700,000 human beings, with lives, concerns, existences, hopes and dreams

Listen to me, suffering hordes - you weary, you weak, you worried.

Yir all just crybabies. Now put on this sticker!

Edit: cannot confirm my whine.

Petitions is down for maintenance
We know about it and we're working on it.

biggytitbo

Hugh Grant, Caitlin Moran, Armando Iannucci, Brian Cox and all the usual ultra-remain celebs pushing their millions of followers to sign the revoke article 50 petition then pretending this somehow expresses the will of the whole country is a new low in social media fart sniffing. They are also paying to bus a bunch of disgruntled remain voters to London for another march, as if that somehow renders their vote in the referendum more worthy than a leave voter because they chant 'bollocks to brexit' whilst holding a placard. The levels of delusion are off the scale.

It's a bit like Jimmy White losing 17-15 in the world snooker final to Stephen Hendry, but refusing to accept the result and pathetically locking himself in the practice room to recreate the losing frames where he pots all the balls against himself and then declares that that somehow makes him the real winner.

biggytitbo

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2019, 11:26:05 AM
But the will of the people.

5% of the remain vote at the referendum have another go in a meaningless online petition herded by some millionaire luvvies, in other words.

bgmnts

5% so far.

Still, if they're meangless then maybe it's all meaningless...

Also that analogy is mental.

ToneLa

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 11:32:34 AM
Hugh Grant, Caitlin Moran, Armando Iannucci, Brian Cox and all the usual ultra-remain celebs pushing their millions of followers to sign the revoke article 50 petition then pretending this somehow expresses the will of the whole country is a new low in social media fart sniffing. They are also paying to bus a bunch of disgruntled remain voters to London for another march, as if that somehow renders your vote in the referendum more worthy than a leave voter because you shout louder whilst holding a placard saying 'bollocks to brexit'. The levels of delusion are off the scale.

It's a bit like Jimmy White losing 17-15 in the world snooker final to Stephen Hendry, but refusing to accept the result and pathetically locking himself in the practice room to recreate the losing frames where he pots all the balls against himself and then declares that that somehow makes him the real winner.

Quit yir complaining. It's not our fault remainers trigger you!

jobotic

I wasn't aware of any ultra-remainer celebs pushing this, I've only seen it on here and a couple of friends of Facebook, who I'm pretty sure don't do what Caitlin Moran and Brian Cox tell them to do.

I imagine you were influenced by James Goddard right? I mean, there's no other explanation for why anyone would think anything.

Think you've done that tortured Jimmy White thing before.

Soup Dogg

QuoteHugh Grant, Caitlin Moran, Armando Iannucci, Brian Cox and all the usual ultra-remain celebs pushing their millions of followers to sign the revoke article 50 petition then pretending this somehow expresses the will of the whole country is a new low in social media fart sniffing. There also paying to bus a bunch of disgruntled remain voters to london for another march, as if that somehow makes your vote worth more than a leave voter because you shout louder whilst holding a placard saying 'bollocks to brexit'. The levels of delusion are off the scale.

What the fuck are you on about? People are marching, protesting, signing petitions etc for a political cause they believe in, nothing more nothing less. Can you perceive anything without passing it through this mad-arse fucking filter of yours? You are fucking CRACKED mate.

Alberon

Hugh Grant, Caitlin Moran, Armando Iannucci, Brian Cox and all the usual ultra-remain celebs pushing their millions of followers to sign the revoke article 50 petition then pretending this somehow expresses the will of the whole country is a new low in social media fart sniffing.

Well, absolutely.

I hear Brian Cox has been going around to each of his followers and threatening them with a cricket bat until they sign.

Armando Iannucci has been making threats against any children his followers might have and Hugh Grant has been crucifying their pets if they don't sign.

Worst of all, Caitlin Moran has been going around doing that open mouth thing at everyone. It should be illegal.

Howj Begg

This thread was good for one day, coincidentally the day biggy was absent from it.

Imagine getting triggered by a petition that you've already dismissed as worthless.

biggytitbo

Sad that one of the finest comedy writers of the last 30 years fails to spot own massive irony implosion:

A man who has spent the last 2 years supporting a people's vote whose main strategy to try and win over brexit voters is calling them stupid racist idiots.

Norton Canes

Hugh Grant, Caitlin Moran, Armando Iannucci, Brian Cox and all the usual ultra-remain celebs pushing their millions of followers to sign the revoke article 50 petition

Yeah, why can't they campaign illegally, like Leave-supporting millionaires?

Soup Dogg

Remainers showing their
                                     DISDAIN
                                             for the will
of the people

YET AGAIN
                                                                               JUST. ONE. MORE

Bunch of mihILLIONaires telling me

ME PERSonally

THAT I AM A CUNT along with

17point5 MILLION other people ?????

• and yet they say
  • the eu isn't a neo-liberal dictatorship?

• yeah well brother,
    • i got a bridge i wanna sell to

YOU
    [/font]
[/list]

biggytitbo

Quote from: Soup Dogg on March 21, 2019, 11:36:13 AM
What the fuck are you on about? People are marching, protesting, signing petitions etc for a political cause they believe in, nothing more nothing less. Can you perceive anything without passing it through this mad-arse fucking filter of yours? You are fucking CRACKED mate.

Remainers don't get an extra vote though mate, they already had their vote and they lost. And that vote isn't worth more because they sign an online petition.

Anyway, according to the editor of newsnight...

...Labour don't actually oppose the withdrawal act they keep voting against.

Why doesnt May just stick a clause in her deal that gives Labour and the other main parties a seat at the table for the next round of negotiations, if they don't actually oppose the withdrawal act itself?

Alberon

They oppose the deal not the actual leaving.

May will be forced into a long extension so it doesn't matter.

Fambo Number Mive

Telegraph getting desperate with a video  "Watch the nastiest things the EU has said about Brexit"

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 11:41:19 AM
Sad that one of the finest comedy writers of the last 30 years fails to spot own massive irony implosion:

A man who has spent the last 2 years supporting a people's vote whose main strategy to try and win over brexit voters is calling them stupid racist idiots.

Interesting. That's almost the same thing Raaaaaaaaab said yesterday when his integrity was questioned by James O'Brien. "Stop calling 17.5m people stupid."

#notatorythough

Soup Dogg

Yes, I find it how the remainers are signing a petition in the belief that they get 1.5 votes to leavers 1. What is this JIM CROWE?