Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Petition to revoke Article 50 [split topic]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 21, 2019, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Ooh, I just realised that I'm allowed to sign this.

greencalx

Quote from: gib on March 21, 2019, 10:51:35 PM
Google says for the UK it's 7pm - 11pm.

Maybe that's it - the rate was staggeringly constant until about 8pm then shot up. Is petition signing the new after dinner craze?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So if we make it to 17.4 million...? (Probably won't make it past 5/6 at most)

greencalx

I had previously predicted it would take it till March 30th to reach the full Leadsom (notwithstanding the ridiculous application of a linear extrapolation). Until it starts to taper off, hard to guess what the asymptote will be. If the signatures are genuine, then it'll probably tail off tomorrow. But if it's now just a bunch of bots doing the signing then we'll exceed the population of the U.K. by Monday.

(Seems to have stalled again now but in less dramatic fashion)

Konki

I got sent the link to this by someone who voted Leave, the cheeky fucker. It's people like him who make me crave no deal just to teach them a lesson. Unfortunately I'd have to suffer that lesson too. Bastards.

BlodwynPig

Quote{"name":"Maidenhead","ons_code":"E14000803","mp":"Rt Hon Theresa May MP","signature_count":2816}

No-one from Liechtenstein, but 16 from Vanuatu.

biggytitbo

I hear the Tory party are planning their own special elections with just Tory party candidates and tory voters allowed to vote as many times as they like. We should definetly make them the next government when they get 4m votes.

Isnt Anything

Why ? Why start this shit up again at the start of a brand new day when the thread had gone quiet ?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

If I set up a petition stating that biggy is a cunt Andrea Leadsom looks like her who played Alan B'Stard's wife in " The New Statesman ", and she should stop doing so, as it's really unfair on her who played Alan B'Stard's wife in " The New Statesman ", how many of you lot would sign it ?

Barry Admin

I don't really see it myself, with the possible exception of her haircut.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Twed on March 21, 2019, 10:50:19 PM
That's possible, but also eventual consistency and all that jazz. Although honestly it's a fucking computer and should be able to process 2,000,000 records in a few seconds at most. It's not like Twitter where you can be dealing with millions of inputs at a time.

I'd like to offer you a job. Quickly, while you still know everything.

biggytitbo

I want more attention because i have another idea!

Why not have 2 petitions, one for people who want to leave, and one for remain. Could have debates about it and stuff, and the government could even promise to implement the winning result?

jobotic

Quote from: Isnt Anything on March 22, 2019, 07:02:03 AM
Why ? Why start this shit up again at the start of a brand new day when the thread had gone quiet ?

Just reddit and had to share.

greencalx

The count has been static since 2am, possibly longer. I'm guessing they just turned it off overnight.

metaltax

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 22, 2019, 07:28:17 AM
the government could even promise to implement the winning result?

Just promise, or actually do it?

Paul Calf

Why not have 2 petitions, one for people who want to leave, and one for remain. Could have debates about it and stuff, and the government could even promise to implement the winning result?

That's a brilliant idea. Why don't you paint it on the side of a bus?

Howj Begg

ToneLa

Quote from: metaltax on March 22, 2019, 07:39:32 AM
Just promise, or actually do it?

Promise to consider promising actually doing it

phantom_power

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 22, 2019, 08:10:11 AM
That's a brilliant idea. Why don't you paint it on the side of a bus?

And then insert it into your anus, exhaust pipe first

Cuellar

INTRODUCE THIS LYING BUS INTO YOUR ANUS BOY

Norton Canes

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 22, 2019, 06:59:20 AM
I hear the Tory party are planning their own special elections with just Tory party candidates and tory voters allowed to vote as many times as they like

Yes. It's called 'choosing a new leader'.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 22, 2019, 09:40:33 AM
Yes. It's called 'choosing a new leader'.

They can't declare themselves the new government if they're in opposition though can they?

Anyway, if ever you needed an incentive for no deal, surely this is it -

Buelligan

He's never taken a part in politics, he's just a spivvy rabble-rousing cunt with an eye for the main chance.

biggytitbo

You're quite right, he is an MEP and nobody could possibly argue that's a meaningful political position.

Buelligan

Who contributes nothing at all to the EU but takes a fat cheque for it.  Plus pension.  He's utterly despicable.

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 22, 2019, 10:04:26 AM
You're quite right, he is an MEP and nobody could possibly argue that's a meaningful political position.

Not the way he does it.

Utter Shit

Rattled.

Barry Admin

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 22, 2019, 09:57:51 AM
They can't declare themselves the new government if they're in opposition though can they?

Anyway, if ever you needed an incentive for no deal, surely this is it -

This thread is about the petition.

phantom_power

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 22, 2019, 10:04:26 AM

If that were the case why do you have such a spider up your snatch about the EU?