Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Petition to revoke Article 50 [split topic]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 21, 2019, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 12:32:00 PM
How can the same people who have spent 2 years demanding the public *must* be allowed another vote now say 'nah bollocks to that', don't allow them another vote, just revoke.

It kind of makes me suspect they didn't give the first shit about what the public thought all along.

Quelle surprise - no one is listening to them and there are days left until a no deal Brexit, with a crazed and probably permanently brain damaged PM preventing progress OF ANY KIND, Remain or Leave.

Buelligan

How can the same people who have spent 2 years demanding the public *must* be allowed another vote now say 'nah bollocks to that', don't allow them another vote, just revoke.

It kind of makes me suspect they didn't give the first shit about what the public thought all along.

Heheh.  You're the one who said that when big shit goes off, some little people go under the bus, that's just the price we pay or words to that effect, weren't you?

Anyway, send the link https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584 out to anyone you know who might sign.  Please!

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 11:50:56 AM
That May and Iannucci have the same tactics to get what they want is interesting though isn't it? Add to that the TIG group, whose tactics to get Corbyn to support their peoples vote is to constantly sling turds at Corbyn.

"Look over there! Centrists!"

Quote from: Soup Dogg on March 21, 2019, 12:34:26 PM
It's not really all that contradictory a stance though, is it?

No more contradictory than voting to leave and then opposing the deal that would allow us to, y'know, actually leave.

Paul Calf

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 21, 2019, 12:35:29 PM
Quelle surprise - no one is listening to them and there are days left until a no deal Brexit, with a crazed and probably permanently brain damaged PM preventing progress OF ANY KIND, Remain or Leave.

They lost the referendum itself because they failed to make a good enough case for the EU. They have lost the debate about a 2nd referendum result because they failed to make a good enough case for one. This same cohort has lost on every major issue for the last decade.

Why are we listening to what they say again?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 21, 2019, 12:37:07 PM
"Look over there! Centrists!"

No more contradictory than voting to leave and then opposing the deal that would allow us to, y'know, actually leave.

Opposing a deal they don't actually oppose to boot. Lets just reiterate the point that there is nothing in the WA labour disagree with, but they are opposing it.

Buelligan

Alberon

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 12:43:49 PM

Opposing a deal they don't actually oppose to boot. Lets just reiterate the point that there is nothing in the WA labour disagree with, but they are opposing it.

They don't support that deal. Their preferred deal is different.

Norton Canes

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 12:42:24 PM
They lost the referendum itself because they failed to make a good enough case for the EU

Also illegal and dishonest Leave campaigning funded by the millionaire elite. But yours too, yeah.

ToneLa

What a waste of time, calling wastes of time a waste of time

BlodwynPig

Start a counter-petition biggy.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Alberon on March 21, 2019, 12:45:39 PM
They don't support that deal. Their preferred deal is different.

That's literally impossible because no deal can be negotiated until the WA is passed. That is the actual point of the WA, to set the stage for the negotiations. There is nothing in the WA itself labour disagree with is there, or can you point me to anything? According that that tweet I posted earlier, they are not even proposing altering the WA.

Jerzy Bondov

Accepting May's agreement now would be an endorsement of her behaviour and provide permission for her to continue in the same vein for the next (no doubt highly interesting and enjoyable for all) stage of the Brexit process. Fuck that.

jobotic

Should have been revoked as soon as the leave campains' criminality was unearthed.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 21, 2019, 12:42:24 PM

They lost the referendum itself because they failed to make a good enough case for the EU. They have lost the debate about a 2nd referendum result because they failed to make a good enough case for one. This same cohort has lost on every major issue for the last decade.

Why are we listening to what they say again?

Because that vote was 3 years ago and circumstances have changed, in fact even the events of the last 48 hours would have been good enough a threshold if they happened 2 years ago.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on March 21, 2019, 12:48:27 PM
Accepting May's agreement now would be an endorsement of her behaviour and provide permission for her to continue in the same vein for the next (no doubt highly interesting and enjoyable for all) stage of the Brexit process. Fuck that.

Exactly.

Make May push the no deal button or cave in. This is all on her now. No capitulation.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on March 21, 2019, 12:48:27 PM

Part of that is motivated by trying to get May out and a general election. Which is their job as an opposition and  made sense a year ago, even 2 or 3 months ago. I think with 8 days left though, its comes across as recklessly opportunistic when there is nothing in the WA they actually oppose.

NoSleep

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on March 21, 2019, 12:58:36 PM
Accepted on 2nd try.

864,884 so far.

Did you have to sign twice? no e-mail yet. Maybe I can be the millionth signer and win a trip to see Beyonce perform in Oman.

NoSleep

First time I got a 502 Bad Gateway message, so I retried (started over) and first of all got told maintenance was in progress, and then it worked just now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on March 21, 2019, 01:03:17 PM
First time I got a 502 Bad Gateway message, so I retried and first of all got told maintenance was in progress, and then it worked just now.

but did you get the email straight away? you have to confirm via email or the vote doesn't count

Howj Begg

The most leftwing friends on my facebook wall are sharing this thing, including one who was sent to prison after a fracking demo. This is getting traction right across the political spectrum.

SteveDave

Space ghost

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 21, 2019, 12:59:55 PM
Did you have to sign twice? no e-mail yet. Maybe I can be the millionth signer and win a trip to see Beyonce perform in Oman.

check your spam folder!

Norton Canes

Trying, keep getting a 417 Expectation Failed error.

Howj Begg

And now we have extra incentive

QuoteAutobiography out NOW

@DaftLimmy

If that petition changes anything, I'll livestream me having a wank.

You'll see my face, my cock, my spunk, the lot.

NoSleep

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 21, 2019, 01:03:45 PM
but did you get the email straight away? you have to confirm via email or the vote doesn't count

The email arrived about 5 minutes later.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Space ghost on March 21, 2019, 01:07:01 PM
check your spam folder!

I already did, its not there. I am going to sign again

NoSleep - its been 20 minutes

Norton Canes

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 21, 2019, 01:08:07 PM
Trying, keep getting a 417 Expectation Failed error.

^ that's a joke by the way