Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

so this bloke came up to me...

Started by Talulah, really!, March 21, 2019, 02:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talulah, really!

...and said 'just get on with it' according to Owen Paterson the Conservative MP, this occurs again and again whenever he is on the tube, on the trains, people a) recognise him and b) deliver their lovely simplified soundbite on brexit and c) ?

Well c) is what happens next according to Owen Paterson, because after hearing the above Labour MP Louise Haigh nominated Paterson for  the Didn't Happen of the Year Awards. Paterson took slight at this and sent her the following letter.

So yeah c) and then handed him his card, as you do - just on the off chance anybody at a later date questions the event ever occurring.

With just nine days to go though shouldn't Paterson just get on with it rather than fucking about writing letters to other MPs over some gentle ribbing.

madhair60

Yeah didn't fucking happen mate - fake as fuck

Fambo Number Mive

How many people come up to Owen Paterson and tell him we should remain? How many people come up to Owen Paterson and tell him Labour's proposed deal is better? How many people come up to him and tell him May's deal is rubbish? How many people tell him they want to play table tennis with him?

We need the numbers so we can compare. Also, I suspect the people who tell him to just get on with it are the most well off people in the UK as they won't be affected if we have a No Deal or May's deal.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

... and said " you fucking cunt ".
That sounds much more believable.

Endicott

Handwriting like that would have got me thrown out of primary school.

bgmnts

Yeah his capital o looks a bit like a pumpkin, or an anus from a side view,

Wet Blanket

The man gave me his card but unfortunately has had to return to America and his business distributing ET 2 on VHS tape.

From his tweets the guy behind the DHOTYA awards seems like a bit of a bell but I do like how much his feed really annoys its targets.

Icehaven

Quote from: Wet Blanket on March 21, 2019, 02:25:04 PM
From his tweets the guy behind the DHOTYA awards seems like a bit of a bell but I do like how much his feed really annoys its targets.

Oh it's a (sort of) real thing? I thought it was a just a saying, like The Golden Shoehorn or Captain Obvious etc.

Wet Blanket

It's a real thing in so far as that's the account that sent David Baddiel and this guy into a tizzy. If it was a phrase before I didn't hear it until this Twitter fella, but then I hadn't heard 'Captain Obvious' until those Hotel.com TV ads either

king_tubby

It annoyed David Baddiel? Please explain, thank you.

gilbertharding

José

whenever a conservative says something completely and provably factual shout "FAKE NEWS" at the cunt until they have a stroke.

The Lurker

Baddiel did eventually end up lighten up and see the funny side of it though.

king_tubby