Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:21:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People at work what don't speak proper

Started by kalowski, March 21, 2019, 07:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Just today I heard the following:

"We was.. "

"You have done good"

"All of them had done brilliant"

"I have ran many organisations"

Double 0 feckin bollocks if you ask me.

Sebastian Cobb

The other day a bloke in a meeting used the phrase "Mike's favourite c-word'" and a French colleague asked with absolute sincerity "what, 'cunts'?".

'compliance'.

It was hard not to snigger at that one.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: kalowski on March 21, 2019, 07:33:21 PM
Just today I heard the following:

"We was.. "

"You have done good"

"All of them had done brilliant"

"I have ran many organisations"

Double 0 feckin bollocks if you ask me.

You done well to bring this to our attention.

Sebastian Cobb

You should leave for more better opportunities.

ToneLa

Punching down!

Still, it's a Hate Colleagues thread not by Madhair..!

wosl

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 21, 2019, 08:14:05 PM
Corporate Pidgin

There's a lot of talk at my work about 'onboarding' these days. Surely that's a redundancy, given you 'board' planes and boats and that.

kidney

I've got a colleague that has taken to calling another guy "p**i" which isn't very proper at all, heavens no.

Dex Sawash

Nowhere Man

Alwight guv'nah? Ahm from Saff East Londin an I ain't either eard anyone that talk like thaaaaaat mate

Icehaven

I've mentioned this before but someone I used to work with thought ''scatty'' was short for scatological (but that it/they meant former's definition), so when trying to sound clever would describe ditzy forgetful people as being ''A bit scatalogical.'' Not that I'm the brain of Britain either as it took me until about the 3rd time she'd done it to realise what she actually thought she was saying (prior to that I thought she must just move in some unfortunate circles.) I never corrected her though, in the hope that one day someone more important than me that she was trying to impress would.