Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghost Stories/Paranormal Experiences

Started by Snake Plissken, March 21, 2019, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

hellvetica

Browsing old threads and the difference between this and the 'Creepy Shit' one from 2014 is unbelievable. For a site that slates Reddit so much you're certainly trying to be it (shite puns, off topic patter, ironic offensive chat still within the realms of safety).

I enjoyed 'The Licked Hand' (thanks Snake!) but unless Graham Linehan is posting there's no actual content left in this hole for a lurker like me.

I'm aware of the irony within that last comment.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Can't you link to that thread afore ye go? I wouldn't mind re- reading that, there were some good scary tales in that, I seem to remember.

madhair60

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: kittens on March 21, 2019, 08:48:21 PM
lately whenever i walk around my house with the lights off i am scared i am going to enter the next room and momo will be there. don't know if momo is a ghost or what but i saw a picture of it on msn news at work and i'm frightened it is going to be in my house and say something scary to me.

Yea that momo doll is something else

I've stopped being scared of it since jenna freidman started wearing a momo mask all the time

Thomas

I went to find The Paranormal Thread to prove your pessimism wrong, thinking it was more recent, but it's actually from 2012. Oh, well. holyzombiejesus' story in the opening post is one of my spooky CaB favourites.

Here's 2014's Creepy Shit.

This is like a good spooky thread, with an open-minded wry scepticism, except it's written by one man and spread across many physical pages:

hellvetica

Here ya go!

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,42852.0.html

Loads of variety and the humour within it is fantastic.

Madhair, I used to look up to this community in the same way an enthusiastic teenager looks up to their elders who know these islands of undiscovered bands, movies, shows and general knowledge that seemed alien and foreign and exciting. What i consider to be the true spice of life. Your insular nature is the downfall of what was once a haven of outsider info.

hellvetica

I am sorry for my pessimism and dismissiveness but I used to recommend this site to friends and acquaintances who wondered how I found out about all these bizarre topics. I still come back often because there's some truly hilarious posts made, but it seems more like a contest now than a by-product of the community itself. Ironically the downfall of Linehan was my main ticket back as this is 100% the best source of info on the topic but outside of that there's a nothingness.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: hellvetica on July 02, 2020, 11:05:34 PM
Browsing old threads and the difference between this and the 'Creepy Shit' one from 2014 is unbelievable. For a site that slates Reddit so much you're certainly trying to be it (shite puns, off topic patter, ironic offensive chat still within the realms of safety).

I enjoyed 'The Licked Hand' (thanks Snake!) but unless Graham Linehan is posting there's no actual content left in this hole for a lurker like me.

I'm aware of the irony within that last comment.
Post some scary stories then Dickhead

Instead of moaning

Oh wait

ARE YOU A GHOST? !?

also didn't all those scary sit posts always end up with someone posting pictures of murdered/just about to  be murdered women?

Thomas

Quote from: hellvetica on July 02, 2020, 11:18:07 PM
I used to look up to this community in the same way an enthusiastic teenager looks up to their elders who know these islands of undiscovered bands, movies, shows and general knowledge that seemed alien and foreign and exciting.

Where do you think they started? Now it is your turn to be the elder.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea do some good posts so I can judge them

Marner and Me

Ghosts are bollocks, the day I see one is the day I'll believe in them.

Thomas

gib

shite puns
off topic patter
ironic offensive chat still within the realms of safety

come on Class of 2020, let's crack through this. Who has a shite pun? Yes you at the back

hellvetica

I owe ya's some good stuff so here goes:

GSK/EAR/ONS/DKK/VS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_State_Killer

The ultimate in terrifying serial killers. Used to make his victims tie each other up, place dinner plates on the male partner's back and rape the other elsewhere in the house, pretend he'd left, and then leap back out when there was movement. Used to wake couples up so they'd be aware of there maybe being an intruder in the house then SPRINT DOWN THE HALLWAY towards the bedroom. Maximising fear was the goal. Would phone the victims repeatedly after the crime, I'll link a recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcmgDRtcEk

Caught in 2018 through a genealogy website and plead guilty to everything 2 days ago. I'm aware he's not paranormal but he's quite literally the boogie man.

For ghosts my favourites from recent memory are this clip of a wheelchair in a hospital from a guy on night duty:

https://v.redd.it/joxbgwedur131/DASH_1080?source=fallback

And this photo from a lad who claimed he stayed at his mother's woodland cabin and felt watched in his bed. His stepfather then stayed, felt the same way and snapped THIS

I'll dig for some more, it's the least I can do for accusing y'all of being shite patter.

ollyboro

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 22, 2019, 02:29:08 AM
Here is a picture I took of my conservatory...but if you look close enough you will see a ghost

What year did you win the Ladies Championship at Wimbledon?

darby o chill

Quote from: hellvetica on July 02, 2020, 11:37:21 PM
GSK/EAR/ONS/DKK/VS:
Caught in 2018 through a genealogy website and plead guilty to everything 2 days ago. I'm aware he's not paranormal but he's quite literally the boogie man.
Had no idea he plead guilty, stopped visiting the EARONS forum ages ago. I see they're still wondering was he posting there years before he was nabbed. What a creep. There was a mostly joke free discussion here when he was caught.
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=66628.0
Guilty of posting awful shite meself but try to stay out of serious topics. Once got pissed off with the tomfoolery in an interesting thread and was going to suggest a reddit style serious tag but figured it would be laughed at.

Thomas

Quote from: darby o chill on July 02, 2020, 11:54:00 PM
Had no idea he plead guilty, stopped visiting the EARONS forum ages ago. I see they're still wondering was he posting there years before he was nabbed. What a creep.

I've never heard of that forum before - but from a quick glance I gather they're all fairly convinced the killer himself was posting for a while. As a former visitor of the forum, do you think he was or are they fantasizing?

hellvetica

Yeah was gutted there wasn't an update on that thread, thought guess I should have done it myself. As much as I hated all the laughter around his small dick when the investigation was ongoing, it was intensely cathartic seeing him admit to that particular crime that used it as evidence and seeing the whole audience laugh at him. Also to hear his 8th victim to tell him 'Rot in Hell' as he went to spend the rest of his life in solitary.

Dick vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpr3HtfRXJ0

Twit 2

Hell of a rape chart on his wiki. Sure sign of a wrong 'un, a rape chart with endless rows.

hellvetica

Thomas I reckon he was. The account was named CBK (stood for Creek Bed Killer, and was a lesser known nickname for a guy with too many) and posted a lot of detailed answers on the topic that seemed to derail discussions. Posting since 2009 on a come-and-go basis and was last online 4 hours before his arrest and never since. Now if you follow a crime for 9 years at least and knew the detail he knew, wouldn't you check back in on the forum you'd been frequenting for near a decade to get the info as it comes out?

Paul Holes was the investigator who implemented the technique that caught him, and he specifically mentioned De'Angelo having a computer during the initial search of the premises. While he did this to bring about a hidden part of his modus operandi (he put towels over tv sets for ambient lights in the rooms he would commit his crimes), it seemed an odd extra detail for him to say 'he was seemingly tracking the case online'. We'll know within the next few weeks if this is true or not.

flotemysost

A mate of mine who works in a theatre (quite an old one, lots of famous performers over the years) told me that one night when she was ushering (fairly recently, maybe two or three years ago), after the evening performance (when the audience had all left) a chill suddenly descended on the auditorium, there was a weird kind of electrical hum and this massive heavy fire door at the other side of the room SLAMMED shut (no one else was nearby).

She mentioned this to the stage door manager on her next shift and he said stuff like that was pretty common at night - the theatre was understood to be haunted by a couple of the actors who'd performed there and they manifested in various ways - one of them could sometimes be spotted as a hovering disembodied head in the box, although my friend didn't see anything like that.

Not that scary or impressive I know, but I got the impression this was maybe meant to be less of a 'reposting stuff from online' thread, more 'stuff that's happened to you/someone you know' - but I might be wrong of course.

Know a few people who've done ouija boards with varying levels of interaction. I'd be interested to try one but I suspect if anything did 'happen' I'd probably never sleep again and would just be constantly shitting myself, just trapped in a cycle of not sleeping and always shitting. A bit like being possessed, I suppose.

Got no decent ghost stories of my own, I'm afraid.[nb]ahhh geddit I'm afraid cause of all the ghosts[/nb]

darby o chill

Quote from: Thomas on July 03, 2020, 12:11:47 AM
I've never heard of that forum before - but from a quick glance I gather they're all fairly convinced the killer himself was posting for a while. As a former visitor of the forum, do you think he was or are they fantasizing?
Thought it was wishful thinking at first but remember a few little details being a bit close to the mark. Can't remember the specifics, it was in a much older thread, not the current one. Gonna have a poke around there again. Need to catch up.

hellvetica

I think the spirit (haha!) of belief exists more within the colloquial than the grand and this is why it's difficult to properly find the spooks online. I don't believe in it whatsoever, but that's why it fascinates me. Much in a similar way to your's flote the one that sticks out to me is drinking with my uncle one night to the point of obliteration. He works as a lighting technician at Eden Court in Inverness (already a place noted as being haunted) and he made me swear to never tell anyone else in the family this because he didn't want them to view him as 'more of a fool than already'. He was sadly an alcoholic with 3 failed marriages, used to being the butt of the oke but still hated it.

One day when testing lights before a production of Aladdin, starring Ace from Gladiators (haha!), he caught a silhouette of an individual on one of back areas of the stage. This freaked him a little, but working in a prop based environment he was used to bizarre things. He went out to physically move the typically fixed light away from it and said that while the light moved, the silhouette didn't. Because he was in the upper area he didn't go down to the stage to check and rather asked a coworker to come look. When he went back it was gone.

Not a very exciting story, but the palpable fear he told this wee story with told me volumes that this was a guy who felt he witnessed something truly otherworldly that night.

hellvetica

Flote apologies I didn't mention how much I appreciated your post in that last reply, but I hope within my attempt to one-up it with my shiter it came across.

Twit 2

That wheelchair video posted earlier is not in the least bit creepy, btw, and can surely be explained by basic forces. It's a wheel on a shiny floor, of course it could just move suddenly. And that's without even considering wheel locks etc. I mean, if a car with a hand-break not fully applied started to roll a bit, would that make it haunted?

hellvetica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

Though there was audio on the original video I decided not to link as it made it too theatrical, prefer the more skeptic approach. And yes, I know what fishing line is.

Thomas

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 03, 2020, 12:40:07 AM
That wheelchair video posted earlier is not in the least bit creepy, btw, and can surely be explained by basic forces.

yeah - basic forces like
Spoiler alert
GOOD and EVIL
[close]

flotemysost

Quote from: hellvetica on July 03, 2020, 12:38:49 AM
Flote apologies I didn't mention how much I appreciated your post in that last reply, but I hope within my attempt to one-up it with my shiter it came across.

Not at all - the mental image of an elusive, unexplained human(?) silhouette from your uncle's story is a thrillingly creepy one, thanks for that!

hellvetica

So stories about spooks. The spooky-ookies. Spooktacular tales. James van der Spook.

I once woke up with a spectre over me while in a sleeping bag on a pal's floor when I was 14. An ethereal, smoky, moving mist and I remember being literally paralysed with fear. Broke free and awoke him, so we went outside and raided his mother's 20 deck of Lambert and Butler with no regard for the consequences to get over this monstrous happening.

His hungover dad told us about sleep paralysis in the morning. But for about 6 hours I believed in ghosts.