Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghost Stories/Paranormal Experiences

Started by Snake Plissken, March 21, 2019, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: DistressedArea on March 21, 2019, 08:58:10 PM
There is a house near us that my dog refuses to go past.

A woman was murdered there.

This is an actual creepy story that actually happened, sorry if it isn't nightmare on elm street 4.

poo

Being fucked by a ghost is in my bucket list. Absolutely obsessed with it.

JaDanketies

One night, when I was a teenager / young adult, I was struggling to sleep. I rolled over, and who was lying there in the bed next to me? None other than...

David Blaine!

I screamed out "What are you doing here?!" but after I blinked my eyes, he had disappeared.

Me and my gf went round a haunted house on a Hallowe'en experience. It wasn't particularly convincing - the other people on the tour did a seance, which was embarrassing and awkward to be a part of. However, we were told one of the ghosts smelled like roses, and one of the rooms really did smell like roses. We told this to the para-psychologist guy and he thought it was fascinating.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on July 02, 2020, 11:14:09 PM
I went to find The Paranormal Thread to prove your pessimism wrong, thinking it was more recent, but it's actually from 2012. Oh, well. holyzombiejesus' story in the opening post is one of my spooky CaB favourites.

Here's 2014's Creepy Shit.

This is like a good spooky thread, with an open-minded wry scepticism, except it's written by one man and spread across many physical pages:

yup, I wrote some posts about that book - certainly the most convincing and memorable non-fiction ghost book I've read.

Phil_A

This clip always stuck with me as an example of something genuinely inexplicable. The fact it was just a random video on some guy's youtube channel that had nothing to do ghosts gave it a little more credibility for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtBze0ynoU

Now I'm watching it again after many years, I've noticed something possibly shady about it - when the door moves a second time after he's run out, there's a shimmering on the inside of the wardrobe like something's been layered over it to conceal someone hiding inside. Could just be artifacting from the very low quality video file but I don't know. I think I might've just ruined it for myself.

Even if it's a fake, I still think it's a weird thing for him to upload to his channel that's only ever had 53 subscribers.

jonno

Quote from: Phil_A on July 03, 2020, 09:19:27 AM
This clip always stuck with me as an example of something genuinely inexplicable. The fact it was just a random video on some guy's youtube channel that had nothing to do ghosts gave it a little more credibility for some reason.

Now I'm watching it again after many years, I've noticed something possibly shady about it - when the door moves a second time after he's run out, there's a shimmering on the inside of the wardrobe like something's been layered over it to conceal someone hiding inside. Could just be artifacting from the very low quality video file but I don't know. I think I might've just ruined it for myself.

Even if it's a fake, I still think it's a weird thing for him to upload to his channel that's only ever had 53 subscribers.

That is a chilling video, but genuinely inexplicable? Come on, it's clearly explained in the comments:

QuoteRose White
This was a poltergeist which is either one of the spirits of the Nephilim whose bodies drowned in The Flood or else it was one of the second group of angels that followed Satan when GOD finally threw him out of heaven in 1914

kittens

Quote from: hellvetica on July 02, 2020, 11:05:34 PM
Browsing old threads and the difference between this and the 'Creepy Shit' one from 2014 is unbelievable. For a site that slates Reddit so much you're certainly trying to be it (shite puns, off topic patter, ironic offensive chat still within the realms of safety).

I enjoyed 'The Licked Hand' (thanks Snake!) but unless Graham Linehan is posting there's no actual content left in this hole for a lurker like me.

I'm aware of the irony within that last comment.

oh no! does somebody need their nappy changed? has my ba ba made a messy in his little pants? does my angel need mummy and daddy to wipe the poo poo off his little bumbum and put him in a fresh new nappy? what a naughty messy little baby you are!!

JaDanketies

I've only recently joined cos of Linehan and I like it here. It's busy enough and Reddit is a little too large, it reminds me of the BBSes I used to post on about 10 or 20 years ago.  Reddit's all about the OPs, really. Good that there's still active communities like this about.

Cuellar

Quote from: hellvetica on July 03, 2020, 12:49:32 AM
So stories about spooks. The spooky-ookies. Spooktacular tales. James van der Spook.

I once woke up with a spectre over me while in a sleeping bag on a pal's floor when I was 14. An ethereal, smoky, moving mist and I remember being literally paralysed with fear. Broke free and awoke him, so we went outside and raided his mother's 20 deck of Lambert and Butler with no regard for the consequences to get over this monstrous happening.

His hungover dad told us about sleep paralysis in the morning. But for about 6 hours I believed in ghosts.

Thought you were fucking off mate

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Snake Plissken on March 21, 2019, 09:03:40 PM
I thought I saw a ghost in the bedroom window of next doors house but it was just the neighbor looking at me.
This reminds me of the time when I was on my paper round, so a good few years back. It was an autumn morning, and the sun was just rising. I glanced up at a bedroom window and saw a man hanging from the ceiling. I shit my pants. Then noticed that he was actually stood on a chair (I guess) screwing a light bulb in. A huh a huh a huh.

The Lurker

Quote from: Snake Plissken on March 22, 2019, 05:01:59 PM
The Conjuring is on ITV4 tonight, that might send shivers up your spines, those that have one!

This urban legend story did the rounds at high school, it shit me up at the time. 'The Licked Hand'.

A beautiful young girl is left home alone with only her dog to protect her. On the news that night, they announced there is a serial killer on the loose in the area. Before she goes to bed, she locks all the doors and tries to lock all the windows, but the one in the basement won%u2019t lock. She decides to leave it unlocked, but locks the basement door and goes to bed. Her dog takes its customary place under her bed.

In the deep of night she awakens to a dripping sound coming from her bathroom. Half-awake, the girl feels the comforting lick from her dog and falls back to sleep. She reawakens to the dripping sound, reaches her hand down to the dog where she feels the reassuring lick and falls back to sleep. Once more, she awakens to the dripping sound. She reaches her hand down and feels the lick of her dog.

Now curious about the dripping sound, she gets up and slowly walks towards the bathroom, the dripping sound getting louder as she approaches. She reaches the bathroom and turns on the light. She is greeted by a horrific sight; hanging from the shower nozzle is her dog with its throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.

Something on the bathroom mirror catches her eye; she turns around. Written on the wall in her dog%u2019s blood are the words %u201CHumans can lick too.%u201D

What kind of serial killer gives away their DNA like that? A stupid one, I guess.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Phil_A on July 03, 2020, 09:19:27 AM

Can't see the floor, under the bed or the bottom of the locker doors. Someone is under / behind the bed.

flotemysost

Quote from: Snake Plissken on March 22, 2019, 05:01:59 PM

This urban legend story did the rounds at high school, it shit me up at the time. 'The Licked Hand'.

A beautiful young girl is left home alone with only her dog to protect her. On the news that night, they announced there is a serial killer on the loose in the area. Before she goes to bed, she locks all the doors and tries to lock all the windows, but the one in the basement won't lock. She decides to leave it unlocked, but locks the basement door and goes to bed. Her dog takes its customary place under her bed.

In the deep of night she awakens to a dripping sound coming from her bathroom. Half-awake, the girl feels the comforting lick from her dog and falls back to sleep. She reawakens to the dripping sound, reaches her hand down to the dog where she feels the reassuring lick and falls back to sleep. Once more, she awakens to the dripping sound. She reaches her hand down and feels the lick of her dog.

Now curious about the dripping sound, she gets up and slowly walks towards the bathroom, the dripping sound getting louder as she approaches. She reaches the bathroom and turns on the light. She is greeted by a horrific sight; hanging from the shower nozzle is her dog with its throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.

Something on the bathroom mirror catches her eye; she turns around. Written on the wall in her dog's blood are the words "Humans can lick too."

Ah yeah, I remember that one doing the rounds. And the 'circles and squares' one too (can't even remember the details but it was something along the lines of a serial killer who chopped people up into little circles and squares, equally implausible but similarly it was enough to shit me up as a kid).

Have we got an urban legends thread somewhere? Got a couple of belters but they don't necessarily fit into the 'creepy' category.

Bently Sheds

I know two people who say they've had paranormal experiences. Strangely enough, both had their experiences in photographic darkrooms. I read somewhere that low frequencies can instill feelings of fear & dread and also cause hallucinations, so I wonder if these separate experiences were caused by the oscillation of the fan in the ventilation systems...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bently Sheds on July 03, 2020, 07:24:14 PM
I know two people who say they've had paranormal experiences. Strangely enough, both had their experiences in photographic darkrooms. I read somewhere that low frequencies can instill feelings of fear & dread and also cause hallucinations, so I wonder if these separate experiences were caused by the oscillation of the fan in the ventilation systems...

Infrasound