Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hollywood Masterclass

Started by Freudian Ship, March 22, 2019, 12:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freudian Ship

Any one familiar with this podcast?

I have rabidly consumed a lot of comedy in my time, though over the last several years the format of comedy I have mostly enjoyed is long form improv. I don't think I have ever heard something as funny as Hollywood Masterclass. I have listened to each episode a silly number of times, and been able to find fresh hilarity over and over.

The show is an offshoot of the very funny & irreverent Hollywood Handbook, with Sean Clements (Shonk Lemons) going solo and conducting a masterclass in acting (series 1) and writing (series 2) to his student Ben Rodgers (Bang Rodgeman), featuring a great turn by Engineer Brett as 'Engineer Brett'. It is closer in tone to early episodes of Hollywood Handbook, in terms of being very inside industry, although a little more refined structurally & with a brilliant ongoing narrative that stands it alone as entirely it's own thing.

Now I might be preaching to the converted, only I haven't really seen much reference to this show on here. I think it would align with the comic sensibilities of a lot of posters. For reference, my audio comedy favourites are CM's radio shows with Peter Baynham, On The Hour, Blue Jam, Down The Line, Waller FM, Russel Brand's BBC show (though I've never found Brand funny without Matt Morgan alongside). Yeah nice credentials, mate. Maybe there is enough common ground there for someone to dive in..

Anyway, I hope there are a few that know and love this show. For anyone seeking something new, hopefully any paywall can be scaled with a free trial...

kittens

hollywood handbook was great this week. the main episode, the pro version, the live episode and chef kevin's opening act were all terrific.
but this is about masterclass. best episode so far is almost certainly the mary holland one. she is great and the script they read is fantastic. 'i smoked expired vape juice from a brand i don't trust' 'a pile of big money falls out of her pants holes' 'i'm dying from having too much AIDs mommy. i got it from the president of USA'. best podcast going. i got the pro version in an early episode as well, wicked. cheers