Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The f*ck is this?

Started by Butchers Blind, March 22, 2019, 03:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Now I like Marmite and I like peanut butter but I've never thought that one needs the other.

Anyway a break from the Brexit.

Jesus, I'd rather have Brexit than that.

Chollis

Crikey. This has me flustered and make no mistake. Trying to imagine how it could work and it just can't really, can it.

Beagle 2

Peanut butter tastes like shit but I've never thought the answer was a yeast boost.

Sebastian Cobb

I saw Guinness flavoured crisps in Lidl earlier, another combination nobody was asking for.

king_tubby

As I often combine both, this is FUCKING GREAT.

PS HARD BREXIT NOW

kittens

i will try this. where can i buy this. do i eat it from the tub like yoghurt or do i smear it on something. where can i buy this.

Chollis

Having given this a lot more thought I've decided I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this, it could be like when your palate developed a bit and you discovered sweet n salty for the first time. Remember that? Remember those fucking chocolate covered salty pretzels you cunt?

The Lurker

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 22, 2019, 03:27:59 PM
Now I like Marmite and I like peanut butter but I've never thought that one needs the other.

But which is better? There's only one way to find out...

idunnosomename

somehow i imagined it to be browner

Butchers Blind

So I made my own to see what it would taste like.  I took a tablespoon of peanut butter and mixed it with a half teaspoon of Marmite.  The verdict?  It's not orange juice and toothpaste bad but still not pleasant.  Maybe getting the mix wrong.

Bazooka

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 22, 2019, 09:07:34 PM
somehow i imagined it to be browner

I would think so also, so surely this is just a Marmite brand of peanut butter and not a Marmite peanut butter.

Paul Calf

I've been doing this for years. Marmite and peanut butter is one of my favourite toast toppings - the Marmite somehow neutralises the dryness of the peanut butter - but you need a more Marmitey mix than that.

Clownbaby

This is a nice combination when I'm in the mood for something rich but I've recently become a naked Marmite lover so just Marmite and butter on toast for me

Anyway, Marmite factory-mixed products like cheese with Marmite added into it never quite work for me even though I love putting Marmite on cheese myself.

lankyguy95

You either love it or you ate it.

Icehaven

Quote from: Bazooka on March 23, 2019, 12:43:05 AM
I would think so also, so surely this is just a Marmite brand of peanut butter and not a Marmite peanut butter.

You may be right but most people seeing that will still assume it's the latter.

a duncandisorderly

what's apparently in that jar is the wrong colour. I've been mixing them on toast since 1990, & it's perfectly fine if you like both of them, the combo is excellent. but that looks wrong. I shall investigate.

WHERE CAN I GET THIS?

bezos. always fucking bezos. ok, in we go.

a duncandisorderly

back already. can't find it. which means this is some sort of heinous photoshoppy fiction. arse.

Replies From View

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 23, 2019, 12:05:30 AM
So I made my own to see what it would taste like.  I took a tablespoon of peanut butter and mixed it with a half teaspoon of Marmite.  The verdict?  It's not orange juice and toothpaste bad but still not pleasant.  Maybe getting the mix wrong.

To make peanut butter and marmite what I took was some pollen to agitate my hayfever and some bleach to kill me.

Turns out it wasn't as pleasant as all the hype but I won't be drawn into the "love or hate it" marketing trap.

imitationleather

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 23, 2019, 02:45:25 PM
back already. can't find it. which means this is some sort of heinous photoshoppy fiction. arse.

It appears it is real. I dunno how hard you were Googling but there were quite a few news articles right at the top of the page.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-03-22/marmite-peanut-butter-poised-to-hit-shelves/