Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Buying bread from a man in Brussels...

Started by beanheadmcginty, March 22, 2019, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

"...he was six foot four and full of _______?"

I always assumed it was "muscles", because he's a big bloke and Brussels makes me think of Van Damme. But then earlier I realised it could equally be "mussels" because he's Belgian and that's all those fuckers eat.

What do we reckon? Anybody got Men at Work's phone number?

Twed

The man's pose in the video suggests it's supposed to be muscles:

He's not all that muscley, but poses like a strong man.

Glebe

They certainly got around, did Men at Work!

Jockice

I met Colin Hay this week. Not the Men At Work singer though, Another Colin Hay. He was one of my politics lecturers!

Glebe

Quote from: Jockice on March 22, 2019, 08:08:26 PMI met Colin Hay this week. Not the Men At Work singer though, Another Colin Hay. He was one of my politics lecturers!

Make Hay while the sun shines!

studpuppet

I didn't know he was Scottish before I listened to THIS. The one thing I thought he could rely on is the royalties from Down Under, but he even got shafted on those.

The man from Brussels is Australian. He comes from the land down under. That's why he had ready made Vegemite sandwiches at hand.

Jockice

Quote from: Gripperstebson on March 24, 2019, 01:42:52 AM
The man from Brussels is Australian. He comes from the land down under. That's why he had ready made Vegemite sandwiches at hand.

When I was younger I thought that line was: "He just smiled and gave me a bit of my sandwich." Which was nice of him.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jockice on March 24, 2019, 12:13:13 PM
When I was younger I thought that line was: "He just smiled and gave me a bit of my sandwich." Which was nice of him.

A bit of your *own* sandwich? Not that nice of him, really. A bit condescending, if anything.

Jockice

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 24, 2019, 04:51:29 PM
A bit of your *own* sandwich? Not that nice of him, really. A bit condescending, if anything.

He was holding it to random.

Jittlebags

Being given a bit of his sandwich would be preferable to be given a Belgian Biscuit from him.