Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:43:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morrissey - First Impressionz

Started by Nowhere Man, March 22, 2019, 06:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

The dogs bollocks or just bollocks?

Howj Begg

white supremacist 50s throwback Morrissey, to give him his full name

Is it possible to have a first impression of Morrissey in 2019?

I'm too young to have formed an opinion of The Smiths when they were new. I like the band but it took a while for them to grow on me, so I'd be curious to know how some of the Ancient Ones here reacted when Moz first pranced onto the scene. Was it love at first sight or did he initially seem like a twat?

royce coolidge

Loved him in 1983 and still love him now,although sometimes he does fucking push it.
I found him so different to what had come before in the pop world and loved the interviews almost as much as the music (though not quite).
And to my eternal shame I denied it while I was at school.

In 1983, when I was 17, it felt like he knew what it was like to be me, which I'd never experienced before when listening to music. But by 1985, everything he uttered or wrote seemed solipsistic and narcissistic.

poo

Artistic genius and weird old bellend.

machotrouts

I like Morrissey, but only for his opinions

José

whatever you think of his politics you've gotta admire his ability to swallow turds without gagging. i once saw him suck down over two hundred jobbies in a row at the manchester apollo. he was like a pneumatic tube system *shunk* *shunk* *shunk*, it was incredible. makes you wonder where he puts them all frankly.

like it or not, morrisey's by far one of the most talented individuals in the music industry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One of Britain's elite professional sweaters, I still harbour a desire to go and see one of his live sweatings to see if he sweats in the way people always say he does, but the racism and nastiness has put me off.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

He was great in "Men Behaving Badly " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!odin