Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Uri Geller uses powers to cancel Brexit

Started by thecuriousorange, March 22, 2019, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Only celeb to have a Pokémon modelled after them as far as I recall so yeah

Cold Meat Platter

olliebean

QuoteHe also claimed he is using the power of his mind to ensure that "Jeremy Corbyn never gets the keys to Number 10 Downing Street".

Fucksake.

Captain Z

Apparently he was responsible for peanutbutter marmite too.

Jittlebags

As well as the Lorne Sausage/Black Pudding combo which you may have missed.

Jittlebags

How old is she in that photo? Late thirties maybe? Must have had a hard paper round.

Glebe

I wish Ali Bongo were still around on our physical plain. Now that was a mystic with the kind of powers that could stop Brexit!*

*As he regularly demonstrated on The Basil Brush Show etc.

During that television 'event' in the nineties, my parents actually put a spoon on top of the television to see if he would bend it. I will never forgive them for this.

petril

he's either a complete fraud or an outside agent interfering with play and thus Gary McAllister should get to retake that penalty from Euro '96.

the fact there's been no strong push for a retake speaks volumes

Also, in Louis Theroux's attempt at a Michael Jackson documentary, we found out that Uri was the media gatekeeper to Jackson. Uri denied Theroux an interview with the man himself because he thought Theroux would do a hatchet job. He decided Bashir was the safer choice.

So there's another example of his outright fucking incompetence - and his lack of psychic powers. Bend a spoon? He can't even bend the truth.

St_Eddie

I wonder, could Uri Geller will himself into non-existence?  That would be good.

biggytitbo

Uri's the perfect embodiment of the remain campaign isn't he, a deluded fraud who thinks he can will away a referendum result he doesn't like.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 23, 2019, 04:23:56 PM
Uri's the perfect embodiment of the remain campaign isn't he, a deluded fraud who thinks he can will away a referendum result he doesn't like.

Chortle !

Replies From View

Your best sweeping generalisation yet!  Keep going!

Ferris

Quote from: Default to the negative on March 23, 2019, 02:05:31 AM
Also, in Louis Theroux's attempt at a Michael Jackson documentary, we found out that Uri was the media gatekeeper to Jackson. Uri denied Theroux an interview with the man himself because he thought Theroux would do a hatchet job. He decided Bashir was the safer choice.

So there's another example of his outright fucking incompetence - and his lack of psychic powers. Bend a spoon? He can't even bend the truth.

Agree it was a poor effort. Obviously had been overdoing the old spoon-bending when he made that decision.

St_Eddie

Oh, biggytitbo.  What would we ever do without you?  You're lovable and I never thought that I say that about a Brexiter saying pro-Brexit things.  Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 23, 2019, 05:50:46 PM
Oh, biggytitbo.  What would we ever do without you?  You're lovable and I never thought that I say that about a Brexiter saying pro-Brexit things.  Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Well I still think he smells of poo.

kalowski

Stephen Are you sure it isn't "fraud" that people shout at you in the street, rather than freak?

Hugh It is you who make the claims. I have always been honest. I bend the spoons with psychic energy, I have told you. I never claimed to be able to bend them with my hands. That is your claim.

Stephen And you did bend it with your hands.

Hugh The spoon is bent, that is enough. Perhaps it does flow through my hands this psychic energy of which you claim. It may be. Certainly the spoon is bent. Therefore I bent it.

Stephen I can bend a spoon with my hands too.

Hugh I have never said that my powers are unique. Always have I striven to teach the world that anyone may bend a spoon. My book is not expensive.

St_Eddie