Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mueller shite

Started by biggytitbo, March 22, 2019, 09:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

You genuinely had me going for a while garnish.

Ferris

I mean... there was clearly some dodgy stuff going on (Papadopoulos/Flynn/the Brain Trust meeting Russians to get dirt on an electoral rival at Trump Tower no less and lying about it/wikileaks dropping Podesta's emails allegedly coordinated with Stone and openly encouraged by Trump etc etc). That's before you get onto the potential money-laundering charges of Russian dosh still being pursued in the SDNY, or the Trump Tower Moscow deal that was rumbling on in the background that a few people lied under oath to Congress about. I think to wave all that away as "nothing to see here" seems a bit mad.

That said, I don't think there will be much that comes of the actual investigation and report. Trump and co will herald it as exonerating (regardless of whatever wrongdoing comes to light) as long as the word collusion isn't in there, and he'll probably get a 2 point bump in the polls and be favourite for 2020.

As for not finding collusion and potentially focussing elsewhere, Kenn Starr was investigating the Whitewater deal when Lewinsky turned up and became the focus. These probes can follow whatever evidence they find.

I'll be interested to see the report, but I'm not going to hold my breath or try and judge prematurely (so disregard the above I suppose).

Urinal Cake

On the other hand Trump's whining and ranting did make it seem like he had something to hide. But then you have to remember four things:
1. He has a persecution complex/need to be loved. 
2. He's lazy so he didn't take the time to find out what it was all about.
3. He's stupid so what he did find out he didn't understand.
4. He's a conspiracy nut.This loops back to No 1.

BlodwynPig

I'm not doubting that Trump is a dangerous fool and a criminal...that is obvious to anyone over the age of 5 and should not result in these liberals and democrats acting like petulant brats with their narcissistic outrage and tame humour. When evil walks the land it doesn't pick sides.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 23, 2019, 02:52:41 AM
I'm not doubting that Trump is a dangerous fool and a criminal...that is obvious to anyone over the age of 5 and should not result in these liberals and democrats acting like petulant brats with their narcissistic outrage and tame humour. When evil walks the land it doesn't pick sides.

Fair enough. You're always going to get petulance when partisan hacks get the opportunity to give the other team a good kicking. That doesn't always mean the other team doesn't deserve a good kicking. Or even both teams. I don't know my point here.

Interesting times anyway!

biggytitbo

The worst thing is after the total shame and humiliation of mainstream journalism there's still plenty of them who want to transfer this disaster over to brexit, or indeed any other election result the establishment doesn't like. They will never learn.

idunnosomename

Don't worry I'm sure Carole Cadwallylol will figure it out and oh boy as soon as she does I'm retweeting her

STOP BREXIT #FBPE #IStandWithTonty

jobotic

I told you Daddy was a good man.

José

i actually like russians so i'll continue to give them some credit for the demise of the united states regardless of how deserved it is.

biggytitbo

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Good long read from Taibbi about the journalistic disaster that is Russiagate. Good point at how the media totally discrediting themselves sight well hand trump a second term.

Rumour is, the report will reveal that Donald Trump is just a container for a series of progressively smaller, more concentrated, Donald Trumps.

So, it was all just a big misunderstanding.

ajsmith2

Quote from: DistressedArea on March 24, 2019, 11:27:06 AM
Rumour is, the report will reveal that Donald Trump is just a container for a series of progressively smaller, more concentrated, Donald Trumps.

So, it was all just a big misunderstanding.

It's a self hating Obama in a fat suit. I've said it all along.

Funcrusher

So this turns out to be a nothingburger, Trump is handed a persecution by the establishment narrative on a plate and uses it to win a second term. Oh joy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Funcrusher on March 24, 2019, 01:37:31 PM
So this turns out to be a nothingburger, Trump is handed a persecution by the establishment narrative on a plate and uses it to win a second term. Oh joy.

He's not done much in his first term apart from kill a few people.

garnish

Also inspired that synagogue shooter a few months back.

idunnosomename

do all those thoughts and prayers he made mean NOTHING to you people

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Good long read from Taibbi about the journalistic disaster that is Russiagate. Good point at how the media totally discrediting themselves sight well hand trump a second term.

It's an excellent piece which I posted to another forum last night after receiving it in my inbox (I subscribe to the site).

I think the only way of stopping Trump now is if New York can prosecute Don Junior on something Trump can't veto. Trump resigns to keep Don Junior out of jail.

But it's fucking grim. Sanders is the only candidate with any redistributionist and environmental platform and he'll be Red-baited to death. Biden is just Hilary Clinton in trousers but would at least make sure he campaigns in the rust belt, which would mean he might not need Florida. I just don't think Biden would offer any resistance to the rightward swing of the judiciary and Congress.

garnish

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on March 24, 2019, 02:24:41 PM
I think the only way of stopping Trump now is if New York can prosecute Don Junior on something Trump can't veto. Trump resigns to keep Don Junior out of jail.

Lol Trump would never do this and it would be hilarious to watch Trump Jr justify this to himself.

biggytitbo

The best way of stopping him was of course facing their own ideological failure and developing some better policies, rather than spending 2 years promoting made up bullshit from the national security state.

The Mueller investigation was always a distraction because Muller is a Good Boy who will never do anything to suggest that criminal politicians actually get prosecuted.

Acting like the Mueller report will clear Trump's good name (when he obviously has loads of corrupt financial dealing and obviously tried to blackmail the FBI into not investigating him or his family) is as disingenuous as the Twitter pundits screaming for two years about Trump being a Kremlin operative.

biggytitbo

Yes is funny how Mueller was embraced as some kind of saviour by the resistance, with odes to him sung on Saturday night live, when Mueller is as bent a republican operative as the people he is investigating. This is the guy behind the anthrax investigation (if you can call it an investigation), after all.

My theory is the people who started russiagate (dem aligned US/UK intelligence loyalists who find trump a gross buffoon), never in a million years intended it to spiral out of control like it did and become a giant 2 year long hoax and probably wanted it to go away ages ago so their own role in starting it wouldn't be exposed. Mueller is an establishment safe pair of hands guy who could be relied on to come up with something that throw a bit of red meat to both sides but ultimately conclude with absolutely nothing.

José

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
hand trump a second term.

8 out of 10 post war presidents have had a second term, why would trump be an exception?

Quote from: Funcrusher on March 24, 2019, 01:37:31 PM
nothingburger

i geuss that's the last word we'll hear about trump and crimes now.

DrGreggles

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 22, 2019, 09:41:01 PM

One of the worst mass failures in the history of journalism and not a single individual will face any consequences for the relentless 2 years of bullshit and lies they've fed us 24/7 will they? They'll be promoted and given columns and shows and book deals and riches, like Alastair Campbell, Blair and Bush. Instead, it'll be the 'fake news' online that is the problem, not the fake news spouted by the worlds biggest media companies and their political allies.

Ohh and it's a mass journalistic failure about to turn into the biggest goalpost shifting exercise in history.

Of course, the contents of the report haven't been released yet.

AKA

biggytitbo

Yeah, the point is he's finished and he's not going to indict anyone for Russian collusion, the actual point of his investigation, despite the entire msm telling us day in day out for 2 years he would.

I'm sure his report will include some bad, but unrelated, stuff for Trump though, just nothing that will remotely justify the impeachment we've been told was coming by the 'resistance'.

Ferris

You can't really call it a "hoax", because some odd things were going on (see my post at top of the page). The Dems didn't make Papadopoulos and Flynn admit to crimes, or make the cabal take a meeting with the express purpose of getting dirt on an electoral rival at Trump Tower.

I think it's been investigated aggressively due to the partisan climate we live in, but it's odd to call it a hoax.

What I don't understand is: if you are right and the intelligence community are a load of crooks desperate to prosecute, why wouldn't they simply make up crimes? It seems mad they'd go to all this length to investigate someone at the behest of their shadowy paymasters, and then issue an honest report.

We're all being premature of course, because nothing has been released yet so who knows what is in there.

DrGreggles

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 02:53:42 PM
Yeah, the point is he's finished and he's not going to indict anyone for Russian collusion, the actual point of his investigation, despite the entire msm telling us day in day out for 2 years he would.

I'm sure his report will include some bad, but unrelated, stuff for Trump though, just nothing that will remotely justify the impeachment we've been told was coming by the 'resistance'.

But you don't know any of this, because the report hasn't been released yet.

biggytitbo

Well my theory as I said is the perpetrators of this hoax are panicked that the whole thing has gotten totally out of hand and might end up exposing them. The whole Mifsud part of it might yet blow up, who knows. But I think they'd have been happy if this whole thing had gone away 18 months ago.

DrGreggles

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 03:02:44 PM
Well my theory as I said is the perpetrators of this hoax are panicked that the whole thing has gotten totally out of hand and might end up exposing them. The whole Mifsud part of it might yet blow up, who knows. But I think they'd have been happy if this whole thing had gone away 18 months ago.

Ah

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 02:53:42 PM

Like Ken Starr and the Whitewater probe discovering (and then recommending prosecution for) the Lewinsky scandal. These investigators can go where the evidence takes them.

I also disagree on the MSM telling us that impeachment was a cert due to Russian collision. I'm sure some cranks on Twitter are desperate for it to happen, but we aren't going to agree on perceptions for that.

rjd2

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/1109534269691576321

True. The media loved the Russian narrative, but their was never as much their as the supposed resistance claimed. A puppet of Israel and Saudi yeah sure, but Putin? Skeptical. Russia was always an easy target, Putin loves to play up to his persona but he has little importance in either parties. Israel who Trump has gone out of his way to please, much more difficult conversation though.