Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"smol good bois"

Started by The Boston Crab, March 23, 2019, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Is 'Snektimus Prime' acceptable?  Because I say it quite a bit, and if you say I can't then I'll hold my breath until I go purple.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 24, 2019, 10:19:08 PM
But what is it? Where do people say these things outside this thread?

It's from Reddit.  But only parts of reddit - it's all seperate subforums so you have to seek it out - if you have a bullshit detector and avoid the sillier pages you won't encounter the silly words too often.

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 24, 2019, 10:38:58 PM
Or someone can talk about spilling tea and having receipts, and not have their meaning even close to being understood by many.

Ahhhh! WT actual F does receipts mean when used in the nonstandard way?  From the times I've seen it used it seems to be when people are asking for a post to be quoted but I've not seen it used enough times to work out an exact meaning.  I just assumed to was being used incorrectly by people with English as a second language but now you mentioned it it's got me wondering.

Cerys

'Receipt' can also mean 'recipe'.  Does this help?

JesusAndYourBush

Cerys

zomgmouse

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 25, 2019, 02:00:28 AM
No.  Never mind, Urbandictionary to the rescue...
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=receipts&utm_source=search-action

It's proof, usually in the form of a screenshot of messages or posts or something.

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on March 24, 2019, 10:47:37 PM
Also, remember Corbyn being called "the absolute boy" for a while? It's the same culture. It's not really a subculture IMO, it's just a current social media trend, like Caturday.

I don't remember that at all.  In fact I'm starting to believe I may have slid into an alternate universe.

Remember when Ruth Kendall was referred to as "Das Lezzer Xtreme" and the front cover of every Radio Times was about her for about a year?  Well it's like that.

buttgammon

Most of this is fairly obvious baby talk, but what the fuck is this 'heckin' malarky? I'd never seen or heard that word before this thread - is it just an infantile substitute for 'fuckin' or is there something more sinister going on with the word?

phantom_power

Quote from: The Boston Crab on March 23, 2019, 10:47:18 AM
I've just been sick and I can't stop thinking about this, I'm sure they're related events

Are you Caspar the snake?

phantom_power

We have just got a puppy and I have had to buy everyone I know a gun so that they can shoot me in the back of the head if I ever start talking like that

touchingcloth

Quote from: buttgammon on March 25, 2019, 09:04:48 AM
Most of this is fairly obvious baby talk, but what the fuck is this 'heckin' malarky? I'd never seen or heard that word before this thread - is it just an infantile substitute for 'fuckin' or is there something more sinister going on with the word?

It's racist scatological terminology - don't google it.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 25, 2019, 09:37:07 AM
It's racist scatological terminology

OHH

Why didn't you say so earlier?  I'm fully onboard with all this now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"MY DRINK AND DRUGS HECK"

Replies From View

Nnn tup el Grame dorse code lackamate boi

De swayre non-purio shet Sherman or Blue Peter dog Shep boi

In Ire they Boardem boi

a duncandisorderly

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mister Six on March 24, 2019, 11:27:14 PM
Jesus Christ, that was amazing. My throat is aching from laughter. How did I miss this before?!

It's no Johnny Morris

Barry Admin

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 25, 2019, 12:58:18 PM
now you've lost me. is this from a fall song?

e.g. http://annotatedfall.doomby.com/pages/the-annotated-lyrics/slates-slags-etc.html

Tea is drama, and spilling the tea is taking about it. As mentioned, receipts means proof.

I listen to a lot of dumb shit drama channels on YouTube.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 25, 2019, 01:58:38 PM
Tea is drama, and spilling the tea is taking about it. As mentioned, receipts means proof.

I listen to a lot of dumb shit drama channels on YouTube.

I thought tea was truth as in the first letter of "truth" is t hence tea - but often a controversial truth which is where I suppose your drama description makes sense. So spilling the tea is like giving out a harsh or unpleasant or shocking truth.

zomgmouse

Replies From View

Quote from: zomgmouse on March 25, 2019, 02:37:37 PM
I thought tea was truth as in the first letter of "truth" is t hence tea - but often a controversial truth which is where I suppose your drama description makes sense. So spilling the tea is like giving out a harsh or unpleasant or shocking truth.

And presumably a lot of it involves things like somehow altering the word "receipts" so that "proof" becomes "poof", but it's the shittest code ever.  Some kind of homophobic Mornington Crescent.

Cloud

Saying "Heck" where one would normally say shit or fuck does seem to be a thing and it's hard to describe... sort of like a joking overuse of polite substitution?  That's how I see it anyway

Twit 2

I would like to stand in solidarity with Replies From View and say I have no idea what anything in this thread means. I don't even like dogs, they're SHIT, I hate memes and cutesy talk, so the combination of all three is enough to do me the fuck in. Bollocks to all of it, extinction now please.

touchingcloth

Quote from: zomgmouse on March 25, 2019, 02:37:37 PM

I've always known tea as just "truth", without any negative connotations to it. My American colleagues through the years have always used it in phrases like "here's the tea" before explaining how a bit of software or something works. Kind of like someone asking for the lowdown.

pancreas

^ This is correct, according to RuPaul and her race of drag.

Cloud

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 25, 2019, 10:09:21 PM
I would like to stand in solidarity with Replies From View and say I have no idea what anything in this thread means. I don't even like dogs, they're SHIT, I hate memes and cutesy talk, so the combination of all three is enough to do me the fuck in. Bollocks to all of it, extinction now please.

I'm standing in solidarity with those who tire of RFV and others wading into threads with pointless "I don't understand what any of this means!  I've never seen any of these things from elsewhere on the internet!" posts, this is far from the first instance.  Like... why waste time reading and posting then?  No one is obliged to understand every topic at all times.   I don't know who Ian Boldsworth is, but don't feel the need to reply to his thread with implications that everyone is talking about someone inconsequential.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cloud on March 25, 2019, 10:31:44 PM
I'm standing in solidarity with those who tire of RFV and others wading into threads with pointless "I don't understand what any of this means!  I've never seen any of these things from elsewhere on the internet!" posts, this is far from the first instance.  Like... why waste time reading and posting then?  No one is obliged to understand every topic at all times.   I don't know who Ian Boldsworth is, but don't feel the need to reply to his thread with implications that everyone is talking about someone inconsequential.

It is a bit tedious but nothing worth getting too aggravated over.

Twit 2

Sorry dunno what any of that means.

poo

Replies From View

I'm standing in solidarity with anyone who thinks this poster is taking the subject of borderline-senile meme-speak far too seriously, and getting annoyed by my response to it far too easily.

Twit 2