Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"smol good bois"

Started by The Boston Crab, March 23, 2019, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Please explain this thread to me. Thank you.

a duncandisorderly

samadriel

Icehaven

There will never be enough cat pictures on the internet for me so I'm in a fair number of cat groups on fb, and while I totally agree 'furbaby' is an unholy abomination, it's got nothing on 'crossed the rainbow bridge' (i.e. died). Every time I see it I have a strong desire to boot whoever said it across the rainbow fucking bridge as well so they can spend eternity with their bloody furbaby. Doesn't exactly smack of a healthy or stable approach to death to make it sound like something out of My Little Pony, does it?

All the Karen/Sandra stuff was OK at first too but it's getting a bit tiresome and overdone now.

idunnosomename

It's actually a reference to the Viking afterlife so they're probably white supremisists.

Replies From View

DAVE BROCHURE

HANDMEDOWNS!

Lost in La Mancha much?  Haha!

VOGUE TRENZEDENT NARWHAL

GUFFINSTORE

LASERBEAK COCKMUZZLE

GIBRALT

TO THE WIRE, MR BRAILLE!

I mean it's fine, I just don't know why it gets to be in General Bullshit rather than HS Art.

Twed

RFV: We're not just making up random things. If you can't follow this then you are unusually "offline".

We are talking about a mode of speech originating from memes that has become part of the every day lexicon for some. It would not be difficult for you to just Google some of the words you don't understand.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Twed on March 24, 2019, 08:39:58 AM
RFV: We're not just making up random things. If you can't follow this then you are unusually "offline".

We are talking about a mode of speech originating from memes that has become part of the every day lexicon for some. It would not be difficult for you to just Google some of the words you don't understand.

google? what's that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Icehaven

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 24, 2019, 08:28:17 AM
It's actually a reference to the Viking afterlife so they're probably white supremisists.

I had no idea Vikings and white supremacists were so sentimental. Even so they're still not getting the cats in their mawkish soppy heaven, they can do one.

GMTV

It's either this or they wake up from their delusion, their smartphone induced stupor, and face up to the apocalyptic hell that is real life 2019.

Never read or heard any of these words but I like them all. I like it when people make up words and do wrong grammars on purpose.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 23, 2019, 08:51:38 AM
A bar last week referred to a lager as a "crispy boi" on its menu.

If true, grave.

Which lager was it? And did they have a type of crisps called "hoppy legends"?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hmm. Cloudwater pilsner I think.

Urinal Cake

The feeling I get is pet owners say furbaby, boi, and hooman. Dilettantes say doggos and puppers.

idunnosomename

THE l33t h4x0r d0ggo!!!!!11

zomgmouse

Quote from: GMTV on March 24, 2019, 09:17:19 AM
It's either this or they wake up from their delusion, their smartphone induced stupor, and face up to the apocalyptic hell that is real life 2019.

Golly gosh it's almost as if online communication makes up a large part of actual real life!!!!

Blue Jam

Quote from: icehaven on March 24, 2019, 08:23:20 AM
There will never be enough cat pictures on the internet for me so I'm in a fair number of cat groups on fb, and while I totally agree 'furbaby' is an unholy abomination, it's got nothing on 'crossed the rainbow bridge' (i.e. died). Every time I see it I have a strong desire to boot whoever said it across the rainbow fucking bridge as well so they can spend eternity with their bloody furbaby. Doesn't exactly smack of a healthy or stable approach to death to make it sound like something out of My Little Pony, does it?

As someone who has actually crossed The Rainbow Bridge a few times I also find it annoying.

It's also just bloody depressing, and sorry to be harsh, but I find it a bit attention-seeking too. I don't want to see your deaddo doggo on my timeline, grieve in private like a normal person.

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on March 24, 2019, 08:39:58 AM

I asked several posts before what everyone was going on about.  Since this is the first straight answer it needn't have been quite so grumpy.

Not so much "unusually offline" as "nearly 40 years old rather than 10".  I don't seek this kind of thing out, so I haven't encountered it.  Trust me: from the outside it's just random things.

I don't want to google anything about it.  It seems a bit shit.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 24, 2019, 01:21:39 PM
As someone who has actually crossed The Rainbow Bridge a few times I also find it annoying.

It's also just bloody depressing, and sorry to be harsh, but I find it a bit attention-seeking too. I don't want to see your deaddo doggo on my timeline, grieve in private like a normal person.

ice cold heart of ice

Blue Jam

Here's a handy guide for you, RFV:

doggo (n.) A big pupper

pupper (n.) A smol doggo

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Replies From View on March 24, 2019, 02:06:12 PM

Not so much "unusually offline" as "nearly 40 years old rather than 10".  I don't seek this kind of thing out, so I haven't encountered it.  Trust me: from the outside it's just random things.

but you're only a couple of years older than that daft lass I work with, & considerably younger than me. age has nothing to do with it. what else do you use the internet for, that you've somehow managed to avoid all this ridiculous cutesy twee nonsense & we all haven't? if it's a browser plug-in, do please let us know, so we can get the same & rid ourselves of doge memes. even though they're about ten years out of fashion by now.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 24, 2019, 01:21:39 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Twed

Quote from: Replies From View on March 24, 2019, 02:06:12 PM
I asked several posts before what everyone was going on about.  Since this is the first straight answer it needn't have been quite so grumpy.
It's just that you're sitting in a Wiklow factory, surrounded by Wiklows, standing next to a book with the title "Wiklows From Scratch: Definitions and Answers" telling everybody they need to take all of this Wiklow talk elsewhere because there is no such thing as a Wiklow.

Kelvin

I'd never heard of them before this thread was started, but I really like saying doggo and puppers in a silly voice now, so there's something of a Streisand Effect at work.

gmoney

Quote from: Replies From View on March 24, 2019, 08:31:36 AM
DAVE BROCHURE

HANDMEDOWNS!

Lost in La Mancha much?  Haha!

VOGUE TRENZEDENT NARWHAL

GUFFINSTORE

LASERBEAK COCKMUZZLE

GIBRALT

TO THE WIRE, MR BRAILLE!

I mean it's fine, I just don't know why it gets to be in General Bullshit rather than HS Art.

Your posts are like this anyway!

Replies From View

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 24, 2019, 03:09:01 PM
but you're only a couple of years older than that daft lass I work with, & considerably younger than me. age has nothing to do with it. what else do you use the internet for, that you've somehow managed to avoid all this ridiculous cutesy twee nonsense & we all haven't? if it's a browser plug-in, do please let us know, so we can get the same & rid ourselves of doge memes. even though they're about ten years out of fashion by now.

My facebook feed doesn't have loads of 10 year olds spamming it; where else can you be finding this stuff?

Maybe it's your computer?  Can you at least log into CaB without having to wade through pages of DUZ IN AZ A BYOULUT *EYE BATS* or whatever?