Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:01:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ISIS now WASWAS

Started by Mister Six, March 23, 2019, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

The last stronghold of ISIS's so-called caliphate has been destroyed, according to the US. ISIS's whole selling point was that there was supposed to be a big, apocalyptic battle to destroy the caliphate that would bring about the return of Allah, but clearly that hasn't happened. Or Allah missed the bus and will turn up tomorrow.

So hurrah! That's the Middle East sorted out. Glad we won't have to hear about any more wars there, now the worst baddies ever have been defeated! Cue Trump declaring total removal of all US presence and Pompeo saying "Weellllll..." in 3, 2...

Cloud

I'm sure they'll come to their senses now, just like all the extreme Christians who keep telling us the world ends on soandso date :)

NoSleep

I'm sure some of the forces involved in bringing them down included Al Qaeda. Same old, same old.

Spoon of Ploff

I advise caution.

Lets go for ISWAS for the time being.

jobotic

Hats off to the Kurds.

Now let's cheer as Turkey murders them. .

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on March 23, 2019, 01:26:48 PM
I advise caution.

WASNOTWAS surely

Pingers

Cuellar

Twed

Oh oh oh oh shine
Shine like a star
Shining so bright
Wherever you are

Spoon of Ploff

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

neveragain

Spoon of Ploff

McFlymo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 23, 2019, 01:39:15 PM
WASNOTWAS surely

You can't make missiles out of mud,
And you can't purify bad blood...

Shake your heeeeeeeeeeeaaadddd,
Shake your heeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaddd
Shake your heeeeeeeeeaaaaaddd
... Let's go to bed.

idunnosomename

Was there really an eschatological element to ISIS? They were bent on a world-wide caliphate but I don't think they had anything as nutty as building the Third Temple to begin Armageddon like the US and Israel are going for

Norton Canes

Bennett Brauer

petril

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on March 23, 2019, 01:26:48 PM
I advise caution.

only if we can get one of them to hang about in a CAMRA t-shirt. might be a bit tricky though

Mister Six

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 23, 2019, 07:43:18 PM
Was there really an eschatological element to ISIS? They were bent on a world-wide caliphate but I don't think they had anything as nutty as building the Third Temple to begin Armageddon like the US and Israel are going for

That was their USP in LOL NO beginning and how it was sold to new recruits. Whether the bloke running it really believed in that is another matter.

Urinal Cake

5 years with a rebrand, a flat management restructure and entry into new and emerging markets they'll be back.

neardark

Not convinced IS ever existed.

Cold Meat Platter

Buelligan

monkfromhavana

ZoyzaSorris

Of course somehow the Syrians and Russians managed to wipe them out west of the Euphrates a long time ago, but its taken the SDF and yanks an absolute age to finish them off to the East whilst absolutely bombing any Syrian forces attempting to attack them.. A cynic might say they have been a handy excuse for the continuing illegal presence of US troops.

Lord Mandrake

Looks like their plans have been daeshed for now.