Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,471
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:10:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shazam!

Started by Urinal Cake, March 24, 2019, 01:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: kidsick5000 on April 15, 2019, 12:47:20 AMVery. I did not enjoy the film and found it pretty dull. I felt like I'd been watching a different film as all these glowing reviews came in.
When the end credits came up, it was a crazy pills moment.
The same style and the same band!?!
I'm amazed they've not been called out on it.

I actually enjoyed it overall, but that was a bit of misstep, DC have been going for a 'lighter' tone and trying to right the ship after the fucked up the 'extended universe', but that really was pretty much just a rip-off.

Shazam! Director Points Out A Joker Easter Egg Some Fans Missed.

I spotted it, mate!

New page "SHA-ZAM!" twat!

Timothy

Shit. I remember thinking: Hey, Spider-Man.

But not until now I realize that Spidey comes from Marvel and that Shazam was a DC movie.

Custard

Blimey, another good DC film! Very light, very likeable, very fun. Liked it a fair bit. Excellent cast, and it made me laff several times

Side note: Only me in the cinema. Love it when that happens. Who reckons it'll happen at Avengers on Friday?

Blumf

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 24, 2019, 09:21:07 PM
Side note: Only me in the cinema. Love it when that happens. Who reckons it'll happen at Avengers on Friday?

Eat a load of sprouts beforehand.

Custard

Deffo. And take a kebab in with ne

QDRPHNC

My kid saw this the other week with his friends and begged me to take him to see it again. I thought it was great - by turns horrific, exciting, funny and sweet, as any proper kids film should be. The bad guy had a wonderfully menacing presence, and I thought the whole way he went about finding his way back to Shazam's lair was a great sequence that, in another film, could have been expanding into some wonderful psychological-conspiracy-horror thing.

I also thought it fit together brilliantly. Some of the themes were dealt with a heavy hand, but even those paid off later in more subtle and unexpected ways (the Envy thing, for example, I didn't see coming, but made perfect, satisfying narrative sense when it arrived).

It was also filmed in Toronto, so it was fun finding all the stuff we recognized. The disused factory where they test his new powers can be seen from my apartment and was the same place they filmed lots of the recent Robocop reboot along with, I'm sure, about a zillion shitty TV shows.

Small Man Big Horse

This has now leaked, albeit with Korean subtitles, but I normally find such things easy to ignore.

Small Man Big Horse

I thought this was probably the best DC movie yet, with only Wonder Woman coming close. It's 20 minutes too long with a bit too much time spent on the emotional baggage side of things, but that seems to be standard for this sort of thing, and otherwise it's a bit of a blast. The comedy is strong, the performances great, it's got an interesting story for once and I'm very fond of it in general. 7.6/10

SteveDave

I thought this was lovely. The very end scene in the cafeteria especially.

I would like a Superman film in the same mould.