Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:14:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Goodbye

Started by ToneLa, March 24, 2019, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MidnightShambler on March 25, 2019, 12:41:12 AM
I've been lurking on RAWK for years without ever posting (far too many argumentative fuckers on there, makes this place look docile) and there's a ToneLa who posts there with a wrestling avatar so I'm assuming it's the same guy. He seemed sound, I'll miss him.

I don't understand the need to announce your departure though, just stop posting until you calm down and look at it differently. Then just don't post anymore if you still feel the same.  If you've announced it then I'm pretty sure a lot of people would never come back just because they don't want to look silly, there's probably few good posters who are depriving themselves because of stubbornness.

Anyway, I hope he's not one of them, as I say he was sound.
Some of it I think is by making the floucne post it an admittace to themselves that they have a problem, sometimes its not even forum related, by they feel there behavoiur has become erractic or not what they hoped it would be, often depression or substance abuse can be a factor. I feel Tone may fall in this catagory and because of the postion his life is in Biggytitbo has become a personfication of all his percieved misjustices with the politcial system. I do hope he pops in to the (spam) chatroom as hes always welcome. I think hes just going through a difficult period.

Bronzy

Had the pleasure of meeting ToneLa at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Bronzy

imitationleather

Hopefully ToneLa will be back again at some point. He's a good lad.

Barry Admin

Yes, again I agree, but he really has to get past the biggy thing, or block him. It's simply not fair to be making increasingly frequent criticisms of him - repeatedly calling for admin intervention - from a new profile, that doesn't carry the history, baggage and context of the old one.

imitationleather

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 25, 2019, 03:05:40 AM
Yes, again I agree, but he really has to get past the biggy thing, or block him. It's simply not fair to be making increasingly frequent criticisms of him - repeatedly calling for admin intervention - from a new profile, that doesn't carry the history, baggage and context of the old one.

I don't disagree. He's obviously going to have to learn that there will always be people on here who he disagrees with and the only way to get around that is to either not be too emotionally invested in the place or just identify the people who rile him and ignore them. So many people on this place have flounced and eventually come back (often a few times, myself included), so hopefully he'll decide to as well.

popcorn

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 25, 2019, 02:14:49 AM
I think I'm going to take a break for a few weeks and see how I feel about coming back in a reduced capacity after.

It breaks my heart to report that since having posted in this thread you have little choice.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Bah. I thought I was one of the very few people what knew ToneLa was New Jack ( I surmised this when he'd written about former Post Office work; he'd also written me a lovely PM , in which he stated " I'm New Jack me" ).

Danger Man's still a cunt, though; and Phil Collins * did* write that fucking, appalling, wanky song about homeless types; these are just facts.

phes

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on March 25, 2019, 02:43:10 AM
Some of it I think is by making the floucne post it an admittace to themselves that they have a problem, sometimes its not even forum related, by they feel there behavoiur has become erractic or not what they hoped it would be, often depression or substance abuse can be a factor. I feel Tone may fall in this catagory and because of the postion his life is in Biggytitbo has become a personfication of all his percieved misjustices with the politcial system. I do hope he pops in to the (spam) chatroom as hes always welcome. I think hes just going through a difficult period.

If you make 3000 odd posts in 2 months you probably need to take a little break. This is not a judgement it's just fact innit. Nobody wants to see anyone go full-Glinner

Buelligan

Where is that edit glitch person when you need them? 

Z

I've done flounce posts before, it's usually just to reinforce my intentions by adding some shame to the prospect of returning quickly.

A forum the size of this place can be extremely addictive to someone like me. There's almost always just enough activity to make make the refresh->view ->comment loop neverending. I've the site blocked for like 20 hours of every day

EditGlitch Removal Person

Quote from: Buelligan on March 25, 2019, 06:00:55 AM
Where is that edit glitch person when you need them?

Happy    to help

madhair60

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 25, 2019, 04:38:14 AM
Bah. I thought I was one of the very few people what knew ToneLa was New Jack

it was literally the most obvious thing in the entire world.

jobotic

Only if you're paying attention.

I liked New Jack/ToneLa though, have a break and come back when you're ready. Please. And if not good luck with everything.

poo

Can I ask whom the person in Imitation Leather's avatar is? Creeps me out a bit.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: poo on March 25, 2019, 09:46:42 AM
I like Biggy.

I like Biggy too. It probably helps that I don't engage with the EU/ conspiracy stuff but heys so much abuse thrown his way and rarely seems to respond with anything nasty

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on March 25, 2019, 09:57:07 AM
Can I ask whom the person in Imitation Leather's avatar is? Creeps me out a bit.

Mr Ron Hayward, Virgin Media customer and enthusiastic onanist (despite what he says). 

imitationleather

That's my grandad you're talking about.

popcorn

pancreas

imitationleather

José

Quote from: poo on March 25, 2019, 09:46:42 AM
I like Biggy.

his heart's in the right place. shame his head's up his arse.

popcorn

Quote from: pancreas on March 25, 2019, 10:48:47 AM
No-one. They all died in your thread.

did you guys hear something strange just then?

Alberon

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 25, 2019, 09:59:18 AM
I like Biggy too. It probably helps that I don't engage with the EU/ conspiracy stuff but heys so much abuse thrown his way and rarely seems to respond with anything nasty

That's it. Outside of those he's a great bunch of lads. He really is. Inside them, however, he's absolutely intolerable.

Dr Syntax Head

I'd forgotten how much imitationleather's avatar brought to my life

Sin Agog

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 25, 2019, 11:19:56 AM

Eh, up!  Has CAB got a one-in, one-out policy now?

Flouncer

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 25, 2019, 11:19:56 AM

Was starting to think you'd died, mate - I was saying last week in the (spam) chat that I was thinking of trying to find out if you were okay.