Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Goodbye

Started by ToneLa, March 24, 2019, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on March 25, 2019, 06:06:22 PM
The right level is yet to be found

Time to call in Jimmy Carr ?

Well  that was worth a fucking new page.

Cloud

I don't generally find him all that objectionable as a poster (unlike some really poisonous "provocateur" twats like Milverton's various rebirth accounts), he's just a contrarian and I'm pretty sure in the parallel universe where the forum leans 98% Brexiteer he'd be unrelenting remoaner.  It's more the level of engagement and how it just goes on and on, and more of a complaint regarding how easily the "people like this MUST NOT remain unchallenged and I shall argue with them until I collapse!" keyboard warrior types (though I mean no offence to them as individuals) being so easily strung along by it.

Endicott

Quote from: Puce Moment on March 25, 2019, 07:29:24 PM
The whole notion of blocking seems to come from the hot shitbox that is twitter.

It's much more akin to how a USENET reader works, which is decades older than twitter. As Nosleep points out, it's entirely a private matter for the user who they block. On twitter the central system does the blocking, and you block people from reading your tweets, which is the other way round to an ignore script. Just saying, as it's obviously not for everyone.

Lost Oliver

I hate biggy and tone and pretty much everyone here. Actually, I can't think of a single poster who isn't a cunt.*

*I believe the opposite of all that.

Noonling

I dunno about biggy, but I'm great. Hello me.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Noonling on March 25, 2019, 11:40:36 PM
I dunno about biggy, but I'm great. Hello me.

Ooohhh, hark at him!  He think's David Essex!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Think Once.
Think Twice.
Think David Essex.

popcorn

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 25, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
I still read the posts of the few posters on this forum who I strongly dislike.

Look mate, I'd rather you just didn't read my Resident Evil opinions at all if you're going to be like that.

St_Eddie

Quote from: popcorn on March 26, 2019, 04:52:32 AM
Look mate, I'd rather you just didn't read my Resident Evil opinions at all if you're going to be like that.

Ought to be ashamed of yourself, mate.  Honestly, firing at the floor and ceiling, instead of the zombie gnawing on your neck meats.  Bloody state of it!  Disgraceful.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on March 25, 2019, 06:06:22 PM
Biggy gets a disproportionate amount of stick, and a disproportionate amount of praise. The right level is yet to be found

He's right about Macca's Lonely Old People being ace and I admire him for putting on a wig and trying to fool Penn & Teller. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkX0p-LqcAg