Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goodbye

Started by ToneLa, March 24, 2019, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

I'd rather folk who can't put up with biggy just fuck off altogether tbh, they make all the politics threads feel like the days of the clique.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

Keebleman

Great.  Who am I going to go on weirdo new age Dutch retreats with now?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 24, 2019, 04:18:48 PM
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

why thank you

Barry Admin

Quote from: Buelligan on March 24, 2019, 04:09:44 PM
Yes, I hope he returns.  I think sometimes all of us take things a mite too seriously so lets all do a nice big yoga breath ooouuuuuuuutt through your mouth.  And, softly, open your eyes, whist breathing in through your nose, chin down, neck straight, down-facing palms resting softly on your thighs, feel the top of your head stretching up, feel your arms, hanging gently from your opening shoulders, your spine straight as your breath slowly fills your lungs and your stomach moves back towards your spine and slowly, out again, through the mouth.  Nice.  Come back everyone and feel the love you cunts.

I did this and was glad to be reminded of it, but I'm sure I remember exhaling through the nose, too. I need to get back into the yoga.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 24, 2019, 04:21:23 PM
why thank you

You're welcome. However, I feel duty- bound to point out that you have mistakenly put up an image of Hugh Laurie as the dozy Prince character from the popular 1987 comedy series " Blackadder The Third ", instead of a gif depicting Gripper Stebson from offa " Grange Hill ", with one of his gormless, wordless acolytes stood next to him. HTH.

Mr_Simnock

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 24, 2019, 03:39:37 PM
You're too focused on "where's the rules, where's the rules?"

Tsk, it's "What are the rules?", not where! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZP-n5ArEH4

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 24, 2019, 04:26:14 PM
bless

FWIW, I * do * think ToneLa has overreacted. yer man Biggy's sneering, supercillious tone doesn't really help matters, though.

Also, I notice I wasn't good enough to get a goodbye PM from The Boy Toners, so he can fuck off, really.

the

To clear this up:

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 24, 2019, 02:45:18 PMI just wrote a nice message to you Tone...but messages blocked. BAN THIS SICK FILTH.
Quote from: Barry Admin on March 24, 2019, 03:09:32 PMI don't know what you guys mean by "messages blocked."
Quote from: Flouncer on March 24, 2019, 03:18:01 PMIt just says that the user has blocked your personal message, if that helps.
Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 24, 2019, 03:47:30 PMGot a goodbye PM from our boy Tone this AM but I'm blocked from responding.

You can set PMs so that only admins can PM you. If you've done this and a non-admin tries to PM you, the sender is shown a slightly misleading message that says that the sender's messages have been blocked.

It's a user-controlled setting, not a sign of intervention.

Barry Admin

the

While we're here, what's the edit glitch? I keep hearing about it but everything seems fine to me.

Twed

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 24, 2019, 02:43:43 PM
just judge the tone
I for one would miss "The Tone" if they left.

Buelligan

Quote from: the on March 24, 2019, 04:43:52 PM
While we're here, what's the edit glitch? I keep hearing about it but everything seems fine to me.

You know, when someone edits their post after 10mins and it's the last post in a thread, the thread keeps showing a new content thingy, even though you've already read the post.  You know.

the

Oh. I often browse CaB while logged out, so hadn't noticed.

To detect new posts I just use a system of headslapping

the solution is simply to avoid the Brexit threads, they are always noisy shite

bgmnts

Yes, leave the Brexit thread. Whatever you do, do not remain in the Brexit thread.

chveik

I'm sorry to see you go tonela.

Blue Jam

Just come back to the Snooker thread and don't leave. Come on, no-one else seems to be watching Ronnie vs Robbo here today...

wooders1978

I like you tone - please don't flounce - albeit not indefinitely if you've gotta take time to get your head together

Spiteface

The ones who announce their departure, unless banned, never actually leave.

I know of what I speak.

St_Eddie

Come back.

Or not.

It's up to you.

I just wanted to use that clip to be honest.

BlodwynPig

royce coolidge

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 24, 2019, 04:17:48 PM
I'd rather folk who can't put up with biggy just fuck off altogether tbh, they make all the politics threads feel like the days of the clique.

Look we know your love is strong but enough now of the affirmation.
Or you are BTBs alt account.

Blue Jam

Would it help to have the details of the ignore script, with installation instructions, in a stickied thread? It's all very well telling people to use it, but I for one have never managed to get it working, and now I have no idea where to find it.

Certain posters here have genuinely made my skin crawl with their personal attacks and while I understand why Neil keeps a very light grip on the banhanmer, it would also be nice to have an option to avoid these posters- and better still, to have an option to not have them see my posts so I'm no longer so fearful of posting personal stuff and having these creeps update their laminated wallcharts, but you can't have everything, and this place is still miles ahead of other forums and Reddit for that.

"Avoid the politics threads" is good advice, but it is a pain when there are good discussions to be had and certain posters keep popping up to derail them (and other posters pop up to keep taking their bait...)

Anyway, I'll miss you Tone La, as one of this board's Scouse Snooker Contingent. If I can't message you I'll hope you're lurking here and I'll say: just take care of yourself, check this out, and enjoy the third session tonight.

Emma Raducanu

Would it be fair to say Tone touched each and every one of us

St_Eddie

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 24, 2019, 06:26:59 PM

#Cancelled.

pancreas

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 24, 2019, 06:26:59 PM

I think there's actually a small piece of him in all of us.

a duncandisorderly

what is 'thread policing'? is it that 'report to moderator' button? I didn't think that did anything- isn't it just there for laughs?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 24, 2019, 06:48:43 PM
what is 'thread policing'? is it that 'report to moderator' button? I didn't think that did anything- isn't it just there for laughs?

click it and find out...