Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goodbye

Started by ToneLa, March 24, 2019, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

* Barry Admin gets 50 hilarious Report to Moderator messages *

Honestly, Tone, you've been a really good poster. I've made probably ten more embarrassing flounces than this just in the last five years. You can just say OK, I overreacted, sorry, and nobody will think any worse of you. In fact, it's actually a kind of rite of passage. All the best and hope to see you back again soon.

There is no way out, by the way.

Endicott

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 24, 2019, 06:48:43 PM
what is 'thread policing'? is it that 'report to moderator' button? I didn't think that did anything- isn't it just there for laughs?

That button just highlights the post to Barry. Then it's up to Barry to decide if anything should be done. My guess here is that Barry is complaining that ToneLa used it too much. Obvs I could be wrong about that.

Thursday

What a crybaby, having a hissy fit and flouncing because you got some mild snark from the admin.

Fuck off.

Thursday

Sorry I don't actually mean that at all, you're a good lad. I just thought it would be funny.

garnish

Those posts are not bringing me joy, Thursday.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: garnish on March 24, 2019, 07:04:26 PM
Those posts are not bringing me joy, Thursday.

what to believe...esp.. with your rep.

*report to mediator*

Chollis

See you on RAWK lad

José

get back here this instant young man.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Endicott on March 24, 2019, 07:00:18 PM
That button just highlights the post to Barry. Then it's up to Barry to decide if anything should be done. My guess here is that Barry is complaining that ToneLa used it too much. Obvs I could be wrong about that.

Yes, and a lot of those can be just people venting, and that's fine. I don't care, I'd rather people use it than not, it's handy for me.

What I meant by "thread policing" is really the upswing in comments moaning about threads being off topic, a perceived lack of rules etc. More pertinently it's shit like this:

QuoteIf so many people think he's a pain I don't understand why the admin doesn't have a word!

Trying to force my hand to take action against someone he doesn't like, in a way that I find very objectionable.

Just basically finding more and more excuses to moan about another poster, and about this site, and the moderation of it. Grudge fuelled crap. And no, I don't want to have a sticky thread promoting the block script, but in this instance I did actually get someone to PM it to ToneLa.

When people would rather moan than take action to ameliorate the source of moaning, you have to wonder why.

Twit 2

Barry, ye speake the truth about the politics threads. A while back I made it a personal rule not to engage with biggy and I recently made the mistake of getting involved. Felt pretty rotten about it. Imagine if no one replied to posts they didn't like. Whoever was writing them would soon give up.

Tone, you seen like a good guy. I've been here for probably 18 years (Christ) and it's still my favourite place on the internet. Stick around dude.

Barry Admin

I'm lazy, so it's just hard for me to understand why people devote such time and energy to things that annoy them, but such is life.

And to clarify, I also like ToneLA, I just need him to move past this grudge, and stop feeding it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 24, 2019, 08:50:57 PM
I'm lazy, so it's just hard for me to understand why people devote such time and energy to things that annoy them

Gervais... ;)

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 24, 2019, 08:41:51 PM
And no, I don't want to have a sticky thread promoting the block script, but in this instance I did actually get someone to PM it to ToneLa.

When people would rather moan than take action to ameliorate the source of moaning, you have to wonder why.

Thanks for answering that Neil, but the answer is: because the action we need to take isn't obvious or easy.

Could this person PM me the block script please?

Barry Admin

No probs.

That's an answer, but not necessarily always the answer, if you see what I mean.

I'll PM them to pass it to you in case they miss the post.

Blue Jam

Cheers Neil, and I do see what you mean. Personally I like Biggy, and while I don't always agree with him, I find it easy to ignore the posts where I don't agree with him.

That said, I'm one of those people who find it hard to avoid reading the comments under news articles and YouTube videos and I recently had to delete my Reddit account because it was getting me down so much, so I can relate.

Shit Good Nose

I think a lot of us who have been here for a while - like a few years plus - forget that certain CaBbers have a way which can easily infuriate newcomers who haven't quite yet got the full measure of these blue walls, whilst us old hands learnt to wave it aside and laugh at, or ignore it, years ago.  So yeah - come back ToneLa.

And, for your benefit Neil, most if not all of us have those one or two subjects where we can't just sit back and take it on the chin if someone is rubbing us up the wrong way - for me, as most CaBbers know, it's when people start spouting all the fictional bollocks about Phil Collins and citing it as fact and refuse to believe otherwise despite evidence, and those who are desperate to apply current social mores to the past and want to rewrite history. 

It's all just shit that happens, innit.

EDIT - also, you need to come back so I can use my shit Tone Loc pun, which I had been working on pretty much since you joined.  I've just been waiting for the right thread subject and for you to post in it, but it hasn't happened.  YET...

non capisco

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 24, 2019, 09:08:53 PM
for me, as most CaBbers know, it's when people start spouting all the fictional bollocks about Phil Collins and citing it as fact and refuse to believe otherwise despite evidence

Oh, don't get me started. Look, mate, it definitely says "WANK!" in the background in 'Sussudio'.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: non capisco on March 24, 2019, 09:11:16 PM
Oh, don't get me started. Look, mate, it definitely says "WANK!" in the background in 'Sussudio'.

Yes.  Definitely.

(don't bite........do NOT biiiiiiiiiiite.........)

Buelligan

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 24, 2019, 09:08:53 PM
for me, as most CaBbers know, it's when people start spouting all the fictional bollocks about Phil Collins and citing it as fact and refuse to believe otherwise despite evidence, and those who are desperate to apply current social mores to the past and want to rewrite history. 

It's all just shit that happens, innit.

Fucking hell, I had no idea you were like that about Phil.  I'm sorry, I know I've ripped the piss about him to you, only because I genuinely do think he's not very good (see how sensitive I'm being) and I thought everyone else did too!  I still think he's crap but I'll try never to say so to you.  Heheh, no, genuinely I am sorry.  And the comments about Toto too.

biggytitbo

Phil Collins has the best baldness of the 20th century and that makes up for any personality or musical shortcomings imho.

Buelligan

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Buelligan on March 24, 2019, 09:22:09 PM
Fucking hell, I had no idea you were like that about Phil.  I'm sorry, I know I've ripped the piss about him to you, only because I genuinely do think he's not very good (see how sensitive I'm being) and I thought everyone else did too!  I still think he's crap but I'll try never to say so to you.  Heheh, no, genuinely I am sorry.  And the comments about Toto too.

You can say he's crap, that's fine - I have no problem with anyone not liking his music, cos it's all subjective.  It's just the tax dodger/right-wing tory/anti-semite/mason/criticism for writing a song about homelessness/dumping his wife by fax bullshit that does my fucking nut in, because if people spent just a few minutes properly researching they'd quickly learn that none of it is true.

Also, for about the five millionth time (/exaggeration), I don't like Toto and never have done.  I just happen to quite like Africa, and think that Jeff Porcaro was an amazing drummer (which I think is indisputable).  The rest of the time I rag on them for using autotune live and for Bobby Kimball being the luckiest bad singer who ever lived.

biggytitbo

What is Phil really like then, is he a right corker in reality?

St_Eddie

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 09:31:56 PM

Psst!  Don't tell Shit Good Nose but Phil Collins only exists within his head.  His therapist said that he may go postal were he to ever discover the truth.

...So, yeah.  Phil Collins is a great bloke and beloved by one and all.  Great bunch of lads and make no mistake!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 09:31:56 PM

He's a cunt.

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 24, 2019, 09:46:17 PM
Psst!  Don't tell Shit Good Nose but Phil Collins only exists within his head.  His therapist said that he may go postal were he to ever discover the truth.

Lucky for you I have hearing damage on account of suffering from a significant inner ear infection when I had (proper) flu last year, so I didn't hear any of that.

I mean,
pardon?

biggytitbo

I don't understand what is happening.

gib

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 10:26:28 PM

ToneLa threatened to leave the board with No Deal if Phil Collins got in.

Danger Man

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 24, 2019, 10:26:28 PM

New Jack has quit again

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 24, 2019, 08:59:34 PM
Cheers Neil, and I do see what you mean. Personally I like Biggy, and while I don't always agree with him, I find it easy to ignore the posts where I don't agree with him.

That said, I'm one of those people who find it hard to avoid reading the comments under news articles and YouTube videos and I recently had to delete my Reddit account because it was getting me down so much, so I can relate.

Puppers gotta pup.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on March 24, 2019, 10:45:11 PM
New Jack has quit again

Trust you to out 'im. Uri Geller got nowt on you.