Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

USA/MEXICO - Matamaros (face-melting sludge NOISE)

Started by Gregory Torso, March 24, 2019, 08:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

HOLY FUCK!

USA/Mexico have a new record out at and it will kill you DEAD. It's called Matamaros, which is Spanish for "hey Matmos, come out and fight me you fucking lectro pussies"

USA/Mexico is pretty much Shit And Shine, and that is - Craig Clouse, who is a fucking dark noise visionary taking rock in the 2100s, King Coffey off the Butthole Surfers, and some other bloke on bass!

This is majorly magnificent speaker punching hot stuff.

It will destroy you so hard that your ghost will come back made out of concrete and they'll just use that as a gravestone until they have to remove it from the cemetary because it keeps calling the other graves "weakass indie-rock coldplay cry on my piano keyboard SHIT".

They cover Cherubs' "Shoofly" with Kevin Whitley on vocals! (He's the Cherubs singer/guitarist, you spiced pumpkin latte drinking no-socks wearing 1950s toilet user).

Here is Shoofly.

Here is something off their last album, Laredo.

Here is some Shit And Shine, a glorious 30 minute cover of Strangulated Beatoffs' Practicing To Be A Doctor.

And here's my favourite Cherubs song, Carjack Fairy. I can't steal this car alone!

Anyone else give a flying fuck about this?

Chriddof

I have the Shit And Shine double CD that has two albums on it somewhere, and it's got that 30 minute version of "Practising To Be A Doctor". Listened to the track all in one go once and it was marvellous (even if I seem to recall both CDs were mastered unusually quiet). Looking forward to hearing / buying this new thing.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Chriddof on March 24, 2019, 08:21:22 PM
30 minute version of "Practising To Be A Doctor".

It's fantastic. Have you heard Ladybird? 40 minutes, one riff, no survivors!

Chriddof

I hadn't, am listening to it now. Fucking great, this.