Author Topic: Office Hours *Live* with Tim Heidecker (and Vic Berger and DJ Douggpound)  (Read 4537 times)

Retinend

• gettit done gettit on gettit done when you do it
    • Goodreads profile
Hard to believe that his heart rate was up past 40.

Funny you should say this, flicking over his twitter feed from yesterday I saw this:

He's done some bits for the Oscars specials. Off the top of my head I think he did a couple of Peter Jackson things and the clips montage for when Joe Estevez won his lifetime achievement award.

Vic Berger's fame is entirely down to him making On Cinema fan videos (like this one) and Tim liking them enough to hire him as a editor for the actual show, despite Vic having no professional editing experience.

Puce Moment

• Hi guys
I'm a little surprised by the reaction of the format of this show, and Pearly has explained it well. To me, it is just an exaggeration of the Nick Kroll character in Parks and Rec. A shitty morning DJ host with some poor, bored guy randomly clicking audio stings at various times. It's not the most demanding or experimental thing Tim has done, and in the Limmy interview he is pretty much being himself, I think. Maybe that's the part that confuses people.

Vic Berger's fame is entirely down to him making On Cinema fan videos (like this one) and Tim liking them enough to hire him as a editor for the actual show, despite Vic having no professional editing experience.

The question was about actual editing collabs so I don't think presumably unsolicited fan videos would count. Also I'm pretty sure he wasn't hired as an editor for the actual show (if you're talking about On Cinema). Like I said he's done some segments for the specials. Further to my previous examples, he did the 40th anniversary of Jaws 2 montage.

The question was about actual editing collabs so I don't think presumably unsolicited fan videos would count. Also I'm pretty sure he wasn't hired as an editor for the actual show (if you're talking about On Cinema). Like I said he's done some segments for the specials. Further to my previous examples, he did the 40th anniversary of Jaws 2 montage.

Yes you're right, he's never worked as an editor on the actual show. I do recall Tim saying that he basically plucked him from YouTube obscurity to (relative) internet stardom. They did collaborate on the Super Deluxe specials at the Republican and Democrat Conventions for the 2016 elections.

I should have picked my words more carefully. I meant to sat that his On Cinema fan videos were the catalyst for everything else, and what got him noticed by Tim in the first place.

Bergers edits of the Republican debates in the 2016 election were the best thing to come out of that clown show.

Retinend

• Goodreads profile
Amusingly, they are turning the annoyingness of the drops into a feature, with a vote to ban the worst offenders:

As a tithe-paying Patreon grandee, I have the right to a vote, if anyone has any drops they want to hear dropped.

Ornlu

• playing makeup, wearing guitar
I don't think I've heard a single one I didn't enjoy. As a lot of people in the thread are saying, the police siren is a bit jarringly loud.

IMO probably "MMMM, THAT SMELL"

Ornlu

• playing makeup, wearing guitar
Furthermore, Papa Tim confirmed fan of This Time (real heads already know), QI and Jasper Carrott's Golden Balls.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/23/tim-heidecker-ill-be-watching-a-burger-king-review-and-think-what-am-i-doing

Retinend

• Goodreads profile
Latest episode: Vic's annoying siren got dropped (appropriate, given the Zeitgeist!)

also I'm totally in love with his first guest, who I hadn't heard of before, standup Megan Koester. She was absolutely hilarious; dominated the whole show and even had Tim trailing after her with her infectious energy. Weirdly, I went to follow her on Twitter and I was already following her. That's how good she is, I guess. Paradoxically, she talked about being depressed and awake only 5 hours a day (clearly only half joking).

During that conversation (from 42:10*)  Tim lays into the Joe Rogan circle a little bit: their seriousness about their "chunks" and "bits", and the challenges of weaving them into the almighty "hour set". With Koester's interjections, it had my crying laughing even before I had my first coffee. I hope she's a regular.

Will dig out the "After Hours" bit he mentions...

edit: Koester not "Koestler" sorry
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:19:12 AM by Retinend »

PlanktonSideburns

• time takes its toll, but not on the eel dicks
Yea I've only just found out about koestler and her mad, furious energy, she's amazing. Will check this one out

Retinend

• Goodreads profile
Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSsaD3gZYHk really good clip of a set from 2014

PlanktonSideburns

• time takes its toll, but not on the eel dicks
ive not, will get it down me tommoro - something about her arsed mate fury has really clicked with me

Retinend

• Goodreads profile
Woo! There's a new episode of the Beatles podcast, "Please Please Me" with the On Cinema director Eric Notarnicole on Patreon. They have done all the Beatles albums and now are doing the solo years: first episode is... Ringo! Just in time for his 80th birthday.

Tags: