Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fainted like a right knob today

Started by Bazooka, March 25, 2019, 01:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

So I was in a supermarket today after work, and had felt a bit queer on the walk there, think I smoked my cig too quickly. Any apparently I had fainted, and didnt even notice, had an English bloke telling me I was found on the floor, never fainted before or really come close.

There was a doctor there, and the English guy called his Chinese girlfriend to explain, but was adamant I hadn't because when I came around I was standing up.
Weird times, luckily I didn't collapse into the soy sauce shelf, I could never show my face again.

popcorn

I fainted for the first time last month. Right laugh innit. Worth doing once.

Puce Moment

I have fainted a few times - it's not like the films.

My cousin fainted and smashed her jaw full force onto concrete. She's pretty fucked - has to live with her parents - can never be left alone if standing. Can't really eat solid stuff anymore. 41 years old. Fucked.

Buelligan

Quote from: Bazooka on March 25, 2019, 01:38:40 PM
So I was in a supermarket today after work, and had felt a bit queer on the walk there, think I smoked my cig too quickly. Any apparently I had fainted, and didnt even notice, had an English bloke telling me I was found on the floor, never fainted before or really come close.

There was a doctor there, and the English guy called his Chinese girlfriend to explain, but was adamant I hadn't because when I came around I was standing up.
Weird times, luckily I didn't collapse into the soy sauce shelf, I could never show my face again.

Sorry to hear about your ill behaviour.  I had a doctor tell me once I couldn't be exhausted because I'd complained of tiredness two years previously (I am not lying).  I'd seek a second opinion if I were you, get them to make sure the old brainbox is still firing on all cylinders, that sort of caper.  Take big care of yourself, you twat.

Turned out I was actually tired as well.

Emma Raducanu

Fucked jaw or brain? Thing that scares me most about people fainting is them banging their heads on the way down. Hoddle did it during cardiac arrest and everyone recalled his head hitting the floor. Awful. DNS for me if I stack it head first please.

Twed

Quote from: Puce Moment on March 25, 2019, 02:30:50 PM

I have fainted a few times - it's not like the films.

My cousin fainted and smashed her jaw full force onto concrete. She's pretty fucked - has to live with her parents - can never be left alone if standing. Can't really eat solid stuff anymore. 41 years old. Fucked.
My sister has epilepsy, flipped her Range Rover with three kids in it and had to be airlifted. Had a grand mal seizure at the top of the stairs once and tumbled down the entire set, dislocated her jaw. She seems to cope with it all really well, it's admirable. Needless to say I never talk about Joy Division with her.

St_Eddie

So I was in a supermarket today after work, and had felt a little queer on the walk there, think I smoked the fag too quickly.

I bet you did, you dirty old bollocks.

(sorry)

St_Eddie

Seriously though.  Glad that you're okay.  Take it easy, mate.

Buelligan

Quote from: Twed on March 25, 2019, 02:49:10 PM
My sister has epilepsy, flipped her Range Rover with three kids in it and had to be airlifted. Had a grand mal seizure at the top of the stairs once and tumbled down the entire set, dislocated her jaw. She seems to cope with it all really well, it's admirable. Needless to say I never talk about Joy Division with her.

I hate to seem callous but why the fucking fuck is/was she driving?

popcorn

Coming round from fainting was the most disorienting experience of my life. I was baffled.

SteveDave

A doctor told me I fainted when I thought I'd just had a turn during a high fever-based cold late last year.

I was walking from the toilet (where I didn't know if I wanted to be sick or have a shit) to the kitchen (to get some water) and suddenly everything was upside down and I was laying on the cold floor of the hallway. My wife *my wife* woke up and slowly ran from the bedroom to check I was OK. I had an immense sense of calmness and before she tried to pick me up let her know that I just wanted to lie there for a bit.

I wouldn't fancy doing it in public though.

Alberon

It takes a while for your conciousness to get going again and it can sometimes be after you're back up on your feet. Not done it myself but seen it.

Sebastian Cobb

So I was in a supermarket today after work, and had felt a bit queer on the walk there, think I smoked my cig too quickly.

Once or twice when I was hungover and a smoker, I'd have my first tab before going to work and stand up only to have my vision disappear and having to sit back down until it cleared.

These dizzy spells seemed to start happening whenever I had my first fag, so I ended up pushing them back until after work, then I went on call and didn't go the pub and just stopped bothering to smoke. That was about 5 years ago. I did worry that this was sensation was perhaps due to some other weakness or ailment, but I've not died so I reckon it's ok.

EbbyVale

When I was a kid, there was a fad to make yourself faint: lean forward and hyperventilate, then lean over backwards, all while sitting (with pillows or whatever strategically located for your impending plummet--we didn't have an actual death wish).  Worked a treat, and it came in strangely handy when I developed a spot of reactive hypoglycemia later in life, since I could feel when I was getting close to fainting and take action. 

Don't know how we all survived, though.

timebug

My aged Brother in law fainted last year, face down onto concrete. He is now in the process of reconstructive jaw building and fitting new teeth into the damaged and distorted areas. Tremendous fun,from the sound of it. He's only a little bloke who weighs about three stone wet through, so I imagine the harm would have been greater, had he been a large beefy chap like me.
I fainted once in my life (to my knowledge) and woke up a few seconds later to find my wife calling to my son, to 'ring an ambulance'. I nixed that,as I felt fine,not woozy or disoriented at all. I was,at that time in an incredibly stressful job,with lots of side issues going on. Following the faint, I changed the job I did,within the same company, and it never happened again!

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: SteveDave on March 25, 2019, 03:03:53 PM
My wife *my wife* woke up and slowly ran from the bedroom

Not really the right time to be doing her Six Million Dollar Man impression though.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on March 26, 2019, 11:18:16 AM
Not really the right time to be doing her Six Million Dollar Man impression though.

+ 1 imaginary karma, as this made me smile more thatn "faint"ly !! :-D

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: EbbyVale on March 25, 2019, 11:05:01 PM
When I was a kid, there was a fad to make yourself faint: lean forward and hyperventilate, then lean over backwards, all while sitting (with pillows or whatever strategically located for your impending plummet--we didn't have an actual death wish).  Worked a treat, and it came in strangely handy when I developed a spot of reactive hypoglycemia later in life, since I could feel when I was getting close to fainting and take action. 

Don't know how we all survived, though.

"flatliners" reboot looking a bit tame.

Kelvin

Quote from: Buelligan on March 25, 2019, 02:52:26 PM
I hate to seem callous but why the fucking fuck is/was she driving?

You can drive if you either haven't had a fit in X number of years (I can't remember how many), or if you've never had a fit while awake.

buttgammon

Quote from: Kelvin on March 26, 2019, 12:48:01 PM
You can drive if you either haven't had a fit in X number of years (I can't remember how many), or if you've never had a fit while awake.

A friend of mine has epilepsy, and it's quite well controlled. Unfortunately, whenever she's about to reach the point at which she's allowed to drive again, she has another fit and has to wait.